Mythic+ discouraging playing as DPS

General
Does anyone else feel frustrated by how difficult it is most of the time to get into mythic+ groups as DPS?

I've always been a DPS player and I've tried all of the tank and healer classes, and despite really trying to make many of them main I can't enjoy their playstyles anywhere as much as DPS. I just dont want to play them.

It really feels discouraging to play my favorite class because I can't get into groups, and I feel like I'm being forced into playing a role I don't like just to be able to play.

This has led me to almost stopping playing wow. How do you guys cope with playing DPS?
git good
22/10/2018 21:42Posted by Naviic
git good

Thanks for that meaningful post.
What can I say, create your own group, get your own keys. People join fast. Also, joining a guild helps.

Plus as far as I am concerned there are some communities specifically dedicated to doing M+ content.
yup why do you think i unsubbed :P
https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17624172269

Join this community in-game and that problem is pretty much solved.
22/10/2018 21:41Posted by Slowbrew
Does anyone else feel frustrated by how difficult it is most of the time to get into mythic+ groups as DPS?

I've always been a DPS player and I've tried all of the tank and healer classes, and despite really trying to make many of them main I can't enjoy their playstyles anywhere as much as DPS. I just dont want to play them.

It really feels discouraging to play my favorite class because I can't get into groups, and I feel like I'm being forced into playing a role I don't like just to be able to play.

This has led me to almost stopping playing wow. How do you guys cope with playing DPS?

Ill create a guide here on the forums for how to progress on M+ as any spec really, when I get free time, gonna sleep now and It would take too much time to formulate things but if you don't want to wait you should look up my post history I think it contains a similar guide I posted long ago on how to progress through m+ as a dps pug.
22/10/2018 21:41Posted by Slowbrew

You make it sound like a new issue. It has always been rough/slow to get groups as dps.
welcome to a dungeon system that never ends :v I can imagine a lot of people have unsubbed because of it
m+ was the one mistake that seems 'very good' on paper but is a bigger part for the downfall of this game than most can imagine
Well there is just a lot more people playing dps, so people are allowed to be more picky on who they choose to join their group, Random queue's have always favorite healers and tanks. Joining a dedicated community will help bypassing most of the selection procedure.
so most of you decided collectively to main mdps this expansion and now you whine because they "need ranged" or healers? lel
i run 1 key per week on my rogue, i do heroic uldir up to Zul (i really have no reason to inflict Mythrax and G'Huun upon myself, not even for the character achievement)

I stopped having a "main" some expansions ago, that's how i cope with all the new
Tbh i never have an issue with joining m+ group with my dps spec. I think problem here is you ilvl and r.io score. Just clear m0 and get your own key , you can push your own key
I still get rejected to +345 groups on my 356 priest

Only difference is I can just make my own group

DPS doesn't really have that option. Unless you want to wait around doing nothing for an hour+ in the hope a tank joins
As a Shaman who wants to play as a DPS: Yeah, it is fairly frustrating to try and get in to a group, let alone make a group yourself.

The unfortunate reality is that DPS are very common, so you're often trying to get in to a group ahead of many other players, while Healers and Tanks suffer less restrictions, thanks to them being.. Well.. Rare.

And due to said rarity, you're likely gonna be waiting for people to join your group if you decide to run your own group. Sure the DPS slots will fill up, but unless there's already a tank or healer present, you're not gonna be getting anywhere anytime soon.

Since I'm playing a Shaman, I can get in to groups fairly quickly. Although I am often either forced to play as a Healer, because waiting for half an eternity isn't exactly one of my desires, or I shuffle through several groups until one of them finally accepts me as a DPS.

I wonder if I can trick a tank to joinin me... I pose as a healer, and then when a tank joins, I switch to DPS and then wait for a healer to join.

Edit to mention this:

22/10/2018 22:03Posted by Deinn

Does it work cross-faction with Defias Brotherhood? Because I'm gonna have some difficulties getting in to a Community if I'm gonna have to message someone on a separate server entirely.
People join fast

No they really don’t.
Nothing different from the LFG, where dps wait longer to find a group.
Reroll a tank or healer then?
DPS problems stop when they get into a group.
Tank and Healer problems start at around the same time.
22/10/2018 23:50Posted by Tubri
As a Shaman who wants to play as a DPS: Yeah, it is fairly frustrating to try and get in to a group, let alone make a group yourself.

The unfortunate reality is that DPS are very common, so you're often trying to get in to a group ahead of many other players, while Healers and Tanks suffer less restrictions, thanks to them being.. Well.. Rare.

And due to said rarity, you're likely gonna be waiting for people to join your group if you decide to run your own group. Sure the DPS slots will fill up, but unless there's already a tank or healer present, you're not gonna be getting anywhere anytime soon.

Since I'm playing a Shaman, I can get in to groups fairly quickly. Although I am often either forced to play as a Healer, because waiting for half an eternity isn't exactly one of my desires, or I shuffle through several groups until one of them finally accepts me as a DPS.

I wonder if I can trick a tank to joinin me... I pose as a healer, and then when a tank joins, I switch to DPS and then wait for a healer to join.

Edit to mention this:

22/10/2018 22:03Posted by Deinn

Does it work cross-faction with Defias Brotherhood? Because I'm gonna have some difficulties getting in to a Community if I'm gonna have to message someone on a separate server entirely.

Yes we are cross server, whisper Warmother-Draenor - we both have to be online at the same time.
not playing m+ is also helps. I only raid with guild now and maybe one key for weekly chest
That is not a problem for rogues. Every run must have a rogue or your group is bad. It is tank > rogue > healer > ranged DPS > melee DPS priority when people make groups.

Most likely they simply already had a rogue (or two) and you just got unlucky.