Difficulty to get 1800

Arenas
31/10/2018 10:43Posted by Omega
31/10/2018 10:41Posted by Dreamkore
Not interested in playing 3s, too chaotic
I was looking to play 2s

Well all of those apply to 2s aswell(cept the comp part).
In 2s you're most likely gonna be multidotting all the time and biting your kill target.
I suggest you play 3s as it's what the game's pvp is balanced around and it's the real "competitive" bracket.
2s is kind of a shtshow tbh.

I don't care for ''perfect'' balance at all times.
as i said i am not looking to go 2k+, if i can get rival/ access to elite gear i'm satisfied
looking at people playing 2s and 3s, 2s from what i gather are faster, and more straight forward, 3s seem to drag on and on and on and on and on for 15-20 minutes, so much chaos, constant target swapping every 5-10 seconds, requires clockwork coordination to even move the targets healthbar
not for me

In Feral's favor tho.

Try Playing with Disc Priest, learn how to utilize roots and bleed enemy out.
31/10/2018 10:46Posted by Dreamkore

Well all of those apply to 2s aswell(cept the comp part).
In 2s you're most likely gonna be multidotting all the time and biting your kill target.
I suggest you play 3s as it's what the game's pvp is balanced around and it's the real "competitive" bracket.

I don't care for ''perfect'' balance at all times.
as i said i am not looking to go 2k+, if i can get rival/ access to elite gear i'm satisfied
looking at people playing 2s and 3s, 2s from what i gather are faster, and more straight forward, 3s seem to drag on and on and on and on and on for 15-20 minutes, so much chaos, constant target swapping every 5-10 seconds, requires clockwork coordination to even move the targets healthbar
not for me

3s as feral are faster than 2s imho since jungle and fmp are extremely aggressive comps, especially at low rating where people don't really know how to play dampen comps/how to damp.
But yeah 2s is probably "easier" than 3s to learn to play.
Well i tried finding people for 2s, found a warrior and tried double dps, lost almost instantly.
Saw a disc priest and queued with him like whisperer said, did really well, beat disc priest/ frost mage combo and another.
Thanks for the advice
So i like PvP and especially like the new set of elite pvp gear in bfa.
Having no friends to play with i need to find someone to play with, this is 2s im talking about mind you.
I know my class through and through but have 0, zip, none, arena experience.
Is it even feasible to 1. find someone willing to play with me, 2. get good at arena calls, rotations, teamwork etc, and 3. hit 1800 this expac?

That's not possible, because you don't know your class until you put it into arena perspective.
31/10/2018 11:25Posted by Dreamkore
Well i tried finding people for 2s, found a warrior and tried double dps, lost almost instantly.
Saw a disc priest and queued with him like whisperer said, did really well, beat disc priest/ frost mage combo and another.
Thanks for the advice

Imo this one of the worst expansions for double dps if you want to have a stable rating increase (and so it should be, the zug zug globals gets old quick)
Well, did ~50 arenas today
Harstuck 1450-1500
It was worth a try
If you record your games we can look at it.
It's worth trying to classify what went wrong and why you lost.

Was your healer out of mana?
-Then you should probably try to push all in sooner or peel for his mana drinks
Was your healer killed by enemy melee?
-Then you should probably try to root it with instant roots and stun it to grant healer time to self-heal

Were you killed by enemy melee?
-Were you killed out of Line of Sight of healer?

Basic stuff like that should cover necessary abilities to have to push 1800 I believe.
As a Feral you should be really able to control match with Stuns and Roots, they're great tools, generally you shouldn't die much to melee nor casters, so there is a room for improvement if you're the one who died.

If your Healer died, then it's worth considering whether you've noticed he's in trouble, whether you helped him etc.
31/10/2018 16:13Posted by Dreamkore
Harstuck 1450-1500
It was worth a try
I don't think I've ever seen somebody with as little patience as you. This is your 2nd thread about this !@#$ already.

EXPECT IT TO TAKE TIME
NO, YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW TO PLAY YET - DEAL WITH IT
Your unrated exp means absolutely 0 when it comes to pushing rating. Good luck with that.
@Irai
Are you professionally mad or something? You just rage at me, last thread too, i asked a sincere question and you immediately !@#$ing spew out anger and animosity
Calm down, %^-* sake
31/10/2018 16:47Posted by Dreamkore
i asked a sincere question and you immediately !@#$ing spew out anger and animosity
Cuz you were basically asking for a boost. And that mindset is toxic as !@#$ to the group finder. Look for people in similar situations, and don't just rely on other people to create group listings for you to join.
https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17624423013

But hey, you've got your 1500 now. Have fun~.

The worst would be if Blizzard reads this, considers this kind of toxic casual their top priority to please, and designs the game to even further accomodate these !@#$holes. But hey, yolo right?
31/10/2018 16:13Posted by Dreamkore
Harstuck 1450-1500
It was worth a try

That seems like you are done trying? Feels like general lfg attitude nowadays. Back in wotlk i did around 2k arenas before finally reached 1800 for weapon i wanted... good old days.
Difficulty to get 1800

Step 1: reroll disc priest/hpala
Step 2: find assa rogue/survi hunt

OR

Step 1: reroll mw monk
Step 2: find fury warrior

Enjoy your free 1800 rating.
are you playing omen of clarity?

if so, don't. Learn how to use bloodtalons and try to get 3x raking ferocity azerite items, as 50k ferocious bites are pretty neat

optionally, just spec resto and find a semi-decent damage dealer that can kill stuff up to 1800
31/10/2018 19:39Posted by Elynu

if so, don't. Learn how to use bloodtalons and try to get 3x raking ferocity azerite items, as 50k ferocious bites are pretty neat

optionally, just spec resto and find a semi-decent damage dealer that can kill stuff up to 1800

No experience with resto, and with 2 weeks left i wouldn't think it's possible to 1. learn a spec. 2. push it in arena
01/11/2018 05:12Posted by Dreamkore
31/10/2018 19:39Posted by Elynu

No experience with resto, and with 2 weeks left i wouldn't think it's possible to 1. learn a spec. 2. push it in arena

2 weeks left? Also I'm playing feral survi hunt with my mate in 2s. We beat everything except holy pala teams and mw fury. :P Fun times, like cataclysm!
You have quite unrealistic expectations if you think you will get into 1800 from the get-go with 50-ish games.
People are playing hundreds if not thousands of games, even the very high rated ones, to get to their ratings.
In bfa even it's harder to get higher than in many of the previous seasons especially for some comps.
And you start from 0. You need to practice, practice, practice.
Don't put the cr on your mind if you make it a fix idea it will make it harder for you. Just play and try to improve, the rating will come with the games and improvements. Sometimes you will drop, sometimes will have winning streaks, then loss streaks, bad days good days etc.
It's all about practice, practice, practice.
The system is made so that it encourages playing and turtling into higher ratings.
It's Blizzard after all, if they made the system so that you get the desired rating in 20 games, what would they make you pay for after that?
Also to target higher ratings it's good to find a stable partner with voice.
Back in wotlk. :)
I played s6 Arcane mage with a ret in 2s and peaked 1400. I remember popping all cds when the elevator went up in orgrimmar arena so I could spam arcane blast with all my might without any gcd problems with images etc. :)
s7 I played disc priest with a survival hunter I think his name was something related to octopus. I got to 1500 and unlocked the relentless ring. :) Didn't get achievement but I got my !@#$ing ring!!!
In s8 I played boomy ele in 2s and got to like 1780, but I played boomy ele hpala in 3s and got to 1800! And got my weapon!

It took me 3 seasons so around 1 year? Of dueling, bgs and arenas. :) But I got my %^-*ing weapon!