Is Paladin fun?

General
Do you guys think Paladin is a fun class to play? I personally enjoy it very much. What do you guys think?
Too slow for my taste, i understand the appeal of being indestructible tho.
01/11/2018 22:20Posted by Bumblo
Do you guys think Paladin is a fun class to play? I personally enjoy it very much. What do you guys think?

Have barely tried holy, and played very little retri, but have played prot quite a lot. I thoroughly enjoy prot. The other speccs seem fun as well.
Ret Paladin in Cataclysm was an absolute joy.

Now... not so much.

Too many old abilities gated behind talents or in competition on the same talent row. Far too much downtime too. The old version felt much more fast paced and fluid.

I want the old Cata Ret Paladin back with the modern version of Inquisition that we have in BfA.

Now that would be a blast to play.
its pretty easy :), blizz even said themselves is designed to be one of the easiest classes to play much like hunter.
Paladin is great class for kids. And I dont mean it with disrespect. Paladin is that hero from fairy tales, having that big sword on your back, feeling epic and good, exploring the world and provide helping hand where its needed, smiting undead and demon foes etc.

It is class that helps the palyer stay alive via heals, invulnerabilities and easy damage output.

And, paradox as it is, for the same reason some of the elitists may pick paladin aswell. Ease of usage of this class provides extreme effectivness in palying it and in the long term it has quite a lot of utilities, no matter if it is tnak, healer or dps. As the rotation of paladin is not that complex, elitist players can focus more on what is going on and on cheesing tricks that can come up with clever use of various unique spells to paladin, like hands, damaging shields or the damage buff upon loss of an ally.

TLDR: Great class for newbie players, as it has good survivability on its own for world content and also great outcome for top players. The "middle" crowd will probably play some other class though.
Yes.

The rotation, if stripped down is pretty basic and boring.
What makes paladin fun for me is 2 things:
You look amazing. Bulky. Bright colours. Prepared to withstand some fights.

The utility. I love being able to slow people, off-heal people, heal myself, go immune, buffs, CC, burst damage, etc.
I used to enjoy tanking but gone off them this expansion..
I have an Holy Paladin alt.
Doing some healing in PvP and dungeons. It's fun.
It's the best class in the game. Just reached 1400 CR in arena 2v2s. Trust me. You won't regret picking Paladin.
My forever main is pala.
Btw our golden era was wolk pala with shadowmourne after that pala turned into combo point class.
Recently I've leveled my Prot Paladin. It's fun to run around and throw your shield.

With the GCD changes one can certainly say the rotation feels a lot slower, and perhaps, slightly clumsy. In saying that, fun is really subjective. Also considering the GCD changes affect every class really.

I mean I currently find Ret. Paladin and Shadow/Disc Priest lots of fun despite the GCD changes and over all class changes.

Ret. Paladin was nearly at its best in Warlords of Draenor, at least in terms of fun from my perspective.

Still very enjoyable if you give it a chance.
most certainly... is what i would be saying if this was wrath of the lich king era.
One of my favourites, unless the nerf rumours are true.
01/11/2018 23:40Posted by Tymaar

With the GCD changes one can certainly say the rotation feels a lot slower, and perhaps, slightly clumsy.

The effect on rotation is... Alright

But I can't stand the effect it has our little ponymobility. As you connect and hit your opponent, he uses a root/slow > 1.5 sec gcd > boliberty > 1.5 sec gcd > mylittlepony > 1.5 gcd > whatever your next spell is

Whenever someone roots you, you cannot do anything during almost 5 seconds. THAT is where the gcd drives me mad on my ret

Otherwise, I love playing my flashy golden berzerk, I enjoy hybrid gameplays and ret is the best at that
i honestly prefer ret than outlaw rogue that i have leveld recently .....
there was quest with the same item level with the rogue that i have died 2-3 times and with the paladin i have cleared it 1st try.

Maybe i am a bad rogue player.
I enjoy Retri quite a bit
Ret paladin = not so much.

Prot paladin = ok fun.

Holy Paladin = No idea =p
Prot is a ton of fun. In fact it's been consistently fun since TBC.

Ret has ups and downs so depends a bit on the xpac.

Holy is quite involved, big heals and lots of CDs, so also a fun healing specc which found its niche in Vanilla as MT healer and has kept expanding on the idea ever since .

All in all, yes, I find paladins a safe bet in terms of fun and endgame viability.
retri pal mechanics are the worst. Combo points from rogues with cooldowns on their generating. Ugh. And you can spent only 3/5 per hit, no more, no less.