what will happen now with the Cenarion Circle?

General
As i recall Malfurion Stormrage in the new warfront trailer is now hostile to the horde so i wonder what the Cenarion Circle or Cenarius would react on this.

As this could have big influence on the Cenarion Circle.

It not only has night elf memebers but also tauren and trolls so wonder if the faction either splits up and fall apart or stay neutral.

But if it stays neutral will they distance them self from Malfurion Stormrage who is 1 of there leaders atm to avoid being targeted now that Malfurion Stormrage is openly hostile to the horde?
Atleast I can't imagine them trying to avoid him. After all he only tries to retake his homeland from those that invaded it and tried to kill him. It's not like he would start a full assault against Orgrimmar.
And as long as they don't aid him in his fight they shouldn't have to worry about anything.
if Cenarius has any sense he will strip malfurian of all his powers because he is turning hostile.
Nothing because the Cenarion Circle is not a BfA faction.
It is not like cenarion circle or any druid/druidic order supported burning teldrassil, in lore almost all of them would turn to attack undeads for that.

I find it very stupid all big name horde druids did not just leave horde and go neutral.

So most likely horde CC just ignore malfurien and let him do his thing.

And Cenarius, have people forgotten what his reaction was to orcs cutting down trees?
03/11/2018 22:17Posted by Nakahima
As i recall Malfurion Stormrage in the new warfront trailer is now hostile to the horde so i wonder what the Cenarion Circle or Cenarius would react on this.

It not only has night elf memebers but also tauren and trolls so wonder if the faction either splits up and fall apart or stay neutral.

But if it stays neutral will they distance them self from Malfurion Stormrage who is 1 of there leaders atm to avoid being targeted now that Malfurion Stormrage is openly hostile to the horde?

I don't see the issue.

I'm pretty sure most trolls and tauren who are part of the circle aren't actually affiliated with the Horde.

Neither was Malfurion, but I don't think his actions supporting his people (finally) have any relevance to the circle.

Also I'm pretty sure Cenarius himself would be pretty damn furious at the burning of Teldrassil. The idea that he would reprimand Malfurion for fighting back is just... idiotic.
Maybe it's time for Hamuul to get angry and school that arrogant "demi-god".
03/11/2018 22:51Posted by Leymaiden

Yeah. "How dare you get angry with the Horde. All they did was burn a tree and kill thousands of innocents!" Definitely sounds like something Hamuul would say.

Your logic is astonishing.
03/11/2018 22:17Posted by Nakahima

It'll probably be disregarded for now.

03/11/2018 22:37Posted by Pixelbear
if Cenarius has any sense he will strip malfurian of all his powers because he is turning hostile.

The Horde have committed crimes against nature often so I'm sure he's not too bothered. Besides, who says druids have to be passive.

PS: just remembered, Cenarius had a few issues with the Horde a while ago. :P
The tree wasn’t natural though. It was a massive artificial magic mutant tree, and it was less than 20 years old. Druids should be happy that abomination is gone tbh.
03/11/2018 22:58Posted by Naeya
03/11/2018 22:51Posted by Leymaiden

Yeah. "How dare you get angry with the Horde. All they did was burn a tree and kill thousands of innocents!" Definitely sounds like something Hamuul would say.

Obviously...Malfurion should just accept the natural outcome of a fire. :)
03/11/2018 22:43Posted by Cynicaddict

I find it very stupid all big name horde druids did not just leave horde and go neutral.

aye this is why i wonder if this wouldn't cause some sort internal conflict as this would be like theramoore all over were leaders who were against it at the time did actually nothing or even helped in the attack

[quote="176234476523"]

I'm pretty sure most trolls and tauren who are part of the circle aren't actually affiliated with the Horde.

Also I'm pretty sure Cenarius himself would be pretty damn furious at the burning of Teldrassil. The idea that he would reprimand Malfurion for fighting back is just... idiotic.

actually they still are as most memeber are duel faction for example like hamuul runetotem who is and a cc leader but also a horde tunderbluff druid
also on the tree part a lot ofwild gods inclueded cenarius and the dragon aspect were against the creation of terldrasill who was created by Fandral Staghelm and was actually a nightmare corrupted world tree ( thats why xevius could take power there )
03/11/2018 22:43Posted by Cynicaddict
It is not like cenarion circle or any druid/druidic order supported burning teldrassil, in lore almost all of them would turn to attack undeads for that.

So most likely horde CC just ignore malfurien and let him do his thing.

And Cenarius, have people forgotten what his reaction was to orcs cutting down trees?

Well, in BtS Sylvanas sends Horde druids and shamans to Silithus to help with healing the wound. Hamuul is still there with Magni. During the War of Thorns there are no Horde druids in Ashenvale/Darkshore.

My headcanon is that my character was never there. He came when it was all over. Then he was so ashamed abot what happened that he couldnt return to his friends from the Cenarion Circle.

The tree might have been an abomination and a product of hubris, but thousands of Night Elves were killed. Many of them friends and family of fellow druids. Pretty sure they won't forgive that.

Being self-exiled from the Circle, my druid decided to journey to Zandalari, to confine with loa and other powerful spirits of this, pretty much, holy island, to find himself, to find his purpose. And he was supporting Sylvanas, believing that Vol'jin was right. now he's lost.
03/11/2018 23:11Posted by Leymaiden
03/11/2018 22:58Posted by Naeya

Obviously...Malfurion should just accept the natural outcome of a fire. :)
what Malfurion is doing is very justified but not without consequences as this is a war aftherall and he is a prominent leader of the CC and that could make it harder for the CC to stay neutral if malfurion would ask for there aid or if sylvanass would see moonglade now as a potential treat because of that and the location of moonglade next to darkshore
Both Cenarion Circle as well as the Earthen Ring will most likely stay neutral, especially with Azeroth bleeding all over the place.

Individuals might join back with their factions but the factions itself do not really have a reason to pick a side.

Malfurion is acting on the peril of his people and while he is kind of a meme now Thrall would also be acting if orgrimmar had been razed to the ground in an the same manner Teldrassil was burned. During SoO it was Thrall who went because of the mistakes he made with Garrosh and not the entire earthen ring, despite them having a good reason to join him given the whole Dark Shaman thing that was going on.

The Demigodlike Characters of wow that have been put on such a high pedestal simply can not get involved in everything all the time because it would take the stakes and suspense out of pretty much any confrontation.
Soon it won’t matter when they all get roflstomped by the Botani’s genesaur they’re probably discreetly brewing up in the Barrens as we speak
In what order do they need to die to make the next expansion a success?
Furion is not boss of the circle, circle is neutral
03/11/2018 22:37Posted by Pixelbear

Yeah, he's gonna turn a blind eye to the horde destroying Darkshore completely.
From a strict and consistent lore point of view: The Circle would be completely hostile to Horde forces since War of the Thorn Day 1, no matter if it's Hamuul Runetotem or Malfurion, like they did in the third war, when Legion and Scourge where on the march to destroy Nordrassil.

For a practical reason it is likely that they will remain tranquill and neutral.

The Cenarion Circle is an organization with moral values so high that it practically doesn't fit into a videogame, where it will always be:
gameplay first, consistency and logic second

The prime goal of the circle is to keep the balance of nature intact and oppose all those who threaten this balance and act against nature itself. Those are their enemies, not because they where either an alliance or a horde ribbon.

However, every single player character that happens to be a druid pledges itself to the circle, yet we are adventurers that kill for personal gain (gold, experience, equipment) and are loyal to either ally or horde.
We are some kind of opportunistic renegades, yikes, most likely to be outlawed or even declared to be an enemy of the circle, but we are not because gameplay reasons.