blizzcon final

Arenas
rsham/sp/x vs rsham/boomy/x

what a surprise
AoE painsup on 40 sec cd :).
It turns out dh's have the damage to play without mana drain. Who knew?
Although some of the shaman magic plays it part here, neveroom.

Think this tournament mostly showed me how obnoxious americans can be.
Boomy broken, sp broken, rsham broken, dh broken, assas broken. Oh well, at least Cdew won :)
BUT THE STATISTICS SAY OTHERWISE!!! -Kelduril 2018
I thought it was a great tournament to watch, although I did miss out on a few matches (StarCraft II > WoW Arena, sry). Pen & Paper did better than I expected, so that was cool. Not entirely a bad decision to root for them. Those Chinese are improving each Blizzcon :P

Though I'm sure the NA players will brag about this for a year now. Twitch chat in upcoming PvP tournaments....Good lord :D
The boomy/dh/rsham comp is ridiculously strong, and tbh borderline broken.
- Everyone is tanky, lots of defensive options
- Can't lose on mana
- Big burst potential every 3mins

The only teams that had a chance of beating MO was an aggressive RMX. They clean swept SCE and TCG because of the comp advantage that neither team had an answer for, the most uncompetitive final I have ever seen.

Not taking anything away from them, they did their due diligence and played exceptionally well when it mattered. Worthy winners.
04/11/2018 01:35Posted by Cróws
Although some of the shaman magic plays it part here, neveroom.

Well as a Shaman, Mana is literally the last thing you have to care about. Because even if you're oom, you'll still easily outheal everything - except maybe the broken damage of double DH or some stupid sh*t like that, but otherwise you're fine even with 0 mana.
Boomy being able to global people to 0 that are 60% with just 2 starsurges is pretty !@#$
Not a cdew or method fanboy. But, gotta tip your hat, and say well done. It was their time. I always thought his previous team was holding him back, but I wasn't sure. Now, I am.

They not only played well, MO was dominant throughout the tournament. I think only method black won any games against them.

Can only raise my stave, and say "All hail, 2018 champions, method orange."
Ehhhh atleast cdew won.

No point bashing anyone for playing any class. Op !@#$ will always exist in wow every season. Some classes will always get more rating per effort spent compared to other classes.

If you dont like it just quit, this is how its always been this is how it always will be. Gz to cdew!
Additional thoughts:

This whole season hardly saw any warlocks. That was kind of strange, historically speaking. In the past, all teams had warlock comps in their rotations.

No sub rogue was also strange. No WW or frost DKs.

Healers were fairly equally represented, leaning towards shamans. A few holy pala, disc, resto druid, even a MW game or two, here and there. No holy priests though.
04/11/2018 02:33Posted by Jalisco
I always thought his previous team was holding him back, but I wasn't sure.

Thats pretty stupid to say. Different situation, different metas and what not...
And he has literally been the reason why he lost very important games in the past. Him being too greedy, or him wasting CDs and stuff like that.
04/11/2018 02:35Posted by Zeynaa
Ehhhh atleast cdew won.

No point bashing anyone for playing any class. Op !@#$ will always exist in wow every season. Some classes will always get more rating per effort spent compared to other classes.

If you dont like it just quit, this is how its always been this is how it always will be. Gz to cdew!

There a difference between merely 'OP' and utterly unkillable.
The comps were boring af, but I'm happy Cdew won.
04/11/2018 02:53Posted by Tom
04/11/2018 02:35Posted by Zeynaa
Ehhhh atleast cdew won.

Certainly doesn't help that tank trinkets are readily available, making them more unkillable.
04/11/2018 02:53Posted by Tom

As far as the tournament goes? I wouldn't say so. Someone is going to go away as the winner of a game regardless of what the class balance is.
The teams have access to the same classes and specs, so they're free to make whatever comps they please. They compete on equal terms, so the class balance is sort of irrelevant. On the Live servers it's another thing entirely, because we're all sort of stuck with our class of choice, but at Blizzcon the choice of comps is just another strategical aspect of the competition - and those that are best at taking advantage of it, well they'll also gain an edge over those who aren't (I think Skillcapped EU lost a bit for that reason, stubbornly sticking with the Warrior/Enha combo might not have been wise in retrospect).

At Blizzcon it's about which teams are best at Arena, not which classes are imbalanced.
Everyone there is playing on equal terms.
You should sort of be able to distinguish the Blizzcon tournament format from the Live Arena experience. I mean, otherwise you're sort of dilluting the viewing experience for yourself, in my opinion.
The real blizzcon will be in 2k19. It's new expansion, nothing is balanced.

Some specs aren't even working and some are overpowered compared to mid-tier. Like every expansion s1 is super disbalanced.

Btw, where is this guy who is always saying that DH isn't top tier? 3.3k DH eu, blizzcon winner. What else should he see?
Well I think its clear that boomkin is just better SP...way better SP.