High elf paladins

General
Prev 1 5 6 7 Next
10/11/2018 09:57Posted by Moltensage

Paladin and Shaman were meant to be the 'special' classes. With Paladin being Alliance only and Shaman Horde only at one point.

Only until first expansion. Shaman isn't a Horde class and paladin isn't an Alliance class, been that way since TBC.
04/11/2018 08:58Posted by Skyrha
People asked for high elves, mainly wanting paladins and mages, we get void elves that can't be paladins. Vyrkul could've been great addition, instead we get fat humans that can't be paladins either. Next up junker gnomes, also can't be paladins, will probably be same classes as regular gnomes.
Meanwhile horde gets all they ask for, its reasonable to get annoyed.

Horde gets orcs, taurens, trolls that can be paladins but not locks and nightborne
If a Void elf channeled Light...even though it's impossible due to already channeling Void, they would literally explode from the inside like a bomb. So it's physically impossible for them to be paladins without removing the Void aspect, in which case they are just blood elves.
I hope they will make some kind of glpyh or something similar to that Warlock Green spells quest so that the paladins can use Void Magic instead of light. I guess Void Elves in lore obviously don't use Light at all, but they're able to be priests for gameplay reasons since the DPS spec is the only spec with Shadow magic. I hope that they will do something so that they can be paladins. Including Night Elves using Moonlight...
10/11/2018 13:19Posted by Kylandris
I hope they will make some kind of glpyh or something similar to that Warlock Green spells quest so that the paladins can use Void Magic instead of light. I guess Void Elves in lore obviously don't use Light at all, but they're able to be priests for gameplay reasons since the DPS spec is the only spec with Shadow magic. I hope that they will do something so that they can be paladins. Including Night Elves using Moonlight...

Just no! What you suggested is no longer paladin.
Also i don't get why you night elven fans keep asking for paladins? You whine how the night elven lore and culture was destroyed and how the humans are always on focus, but you keep asking for the class that humans are best known for!
10/11/2018 13:23Posted by Valtharíen
10/11/2018 13:19Posted by Kylandris

Just no! What you suggested is no longer paladin.
Also i don't get why you night elven fans keep asking for paladins? You whine how the night elven lore and culture was destroyed and how the humans are always on focus, but you keep asking for the class that humans are best known for!

Stop being arrogant. lol
Essentially the reason is simple. Zandalari Prelates make lore sense. Void Elf Paladins do not.

I mean that's it. If you had to pick the playable race in WoW that makes the least sense for them to be Paladins, it would be Void Elves. I mean Specifically Void Elves. I mean...I don't know how it could be thought that they would make sense...
Such an obsession with paladins. No, void elves should never be paladins. They are infused with void, not the light.
10/11/2018 13:55Posted by Brigante
Essentially the reason is simple. Zandalari Prelates make lore sense. Void Elf Paladins do not.

I mean that's it. If you had to pick the playable race in WoW that makes the least sense for them to be Paladins, it would be Void Elves. I mean Specifically Void Elves. I mean...I don't know how it could be thought that they would make sense...

Yes, void elf paladins make no sense, so Blizzard saying they'll add lighter skin colors to void elves makes no sense either, racials will be same, even if they look like high elves they'll turn purple when racial procs. We should've gotten high elves, race people wanted, race with lore and sense, just like horde got nightborne, race with lore, huge zone, city,2 dungeons and a raid, not some recolored junk.
Nightborne are so iconic you see them on error page as "Something's not quite right", where are void elves? Nowhere, they just popped out of nowhere for no reason.
There's a bigger chance that Undead would get Paladins before void elves do.

Lore-wise anyway.

You're literally called "Void" elves, the only reason you even have priests is because priests can be shadow. Lore-wise Void Elves can probably only be shadow priests, so for gameplay reasons you can in-game also spec holy and Discipline.

The same does not work with Paladin. It's got nothing to do with the void.
04/11/2018 08:58Posted by Linir
Yeah i want my void elf Paladin!
After all they already have priests!

Pretty sure that's because of the shadow spec. But void elf using light makes no sense.
I'm still waiting for Gnome paladins.
10/11/2018 15:40Posted by Lann

Well...makes more sense than Void Elf Paladins....
10/11/2018 15:40Posted by Lann

Now that is something I could get excited about
<Retracted>
I want Lightforged Warlock!
We need the Eredar we converted in our ranks.
I want goblin monks. There is not a single reason as to why we can't be monks.
change my mind.
Void elf paladin doesn't make sense. They are a void beings which make them an opposite force to the light. Void elves wanna also prove that the void can be used in a good cause. They have option for priest just because of shadow spec which use void powers.

If you wanna warrior using their powers right then we should ask for a void counter part of paladin lets say a VoidRifter
Anybody else notice the thread title got changed?

Oh, well, -High- Elf Paladins, sure, they make sense.

Wasn't what you were originally asking for though. You were asking for Void Elf Paladins, and they make no sense.

Courage of ones convictions will get one somewhere, Shifting of Sensibilities is going to get you nowhere...
This Thread is about Void Elf Paladins. Not about High Elf Paladins.

Lets stay on topic...