Blizzard drops 14÷ !!!!!!

General
Prev 1 7 8 9 Next
To be fair, ALL tech stocks are down at the moment.
Activision is down by more than the average but ranting about share prices on these forums really is wasted energy.
Let's just hope they don't raise subscription prices to compensate.

09/11/2018 18:03Posted by Zetioun
If you dislike the direction Blizzard is going, now is the perfect time to sell your shares.

^
The smart move would've been to sell shares at the top of the curve don't you think?
09/11/2018 18:09Posted by Eighjan
Unless you have shares, why t.f. would you care about how they perform...?

Good joke +1
Don't wanna play 'cos the share price bombed...? C'ya.

I'll stop playing when the servers shut down or I die in my sleep - until then...
09/11/2018 18:12Posted by Fluxache
Activision is down by more than the average but ranting about share prices on these forums really is wasted energy.

If you dislike the direction Blizzard is going, now is the perfect time to sell your shares.

^
The smart move would've been to sell shares at the top of the curve don't you think?
It dropped before Blizzcon, it dropped after Blizzcon it dropped after the quarterly earning report. HODLing down trend has never been a good idea. The same could've been said before the quarterly earnings report, just imagine saying then "the smartest move would be to sell before it dropped. " Yeah... no sh!t. Who know it might be recovering right now or maybe not. Gambling has never been a good investment.

^

Ea has -5% (only today, they were peaking yesterday)

Bethesda -1%

Blizzard -14%

That is a huge difference
OP, say Blizzard announced next week that they sadly had to go into liquification as a result with much regret they have to close down all their game servers. Would you be happy with that result?

I get you’re pissed off, as many of us are. But you seem really intent on seeing Blizzard burn. I’m just wanting to know what your ideal end result is?
09/11/2018 21:15Posted by Michélle
Ea has -5% (only today, they were peaking yesterday)

Bethesda -1%

Blizzard -14%

That is a huge difference

I agree, the figures look bad just now.
I did qualify my comment with,

Activision is down by more than the average

but there you go, the stock market is volatile. Bitcoin dropped off a cliff but people still mine and trade it.

What I don't understand though, is why people want to gloat about the downtick, fan the flames of doubt and stir up panic?
Do you want the stocks to crash so hard that they have to shut WoW down?
Seems to me that kind of "Cutting off the nose to spite the face" doomsaying would leave all of us with no game to play at all, let alone whine about.
05/11/2018 16:28Posted by Michélle
And still going down. Estimate a -14÷ drop coming week.

Edit: today Friday, -14÷, this can trigger a huge alarm to sell, or to buy.
I have a feeling they will sell, the reputation of blizzcon and YouTube fiasco, and top streamers bashing blizzard's way of announcing a mobile game just is not helping them atm.

Shares has gone down in value by more than 1/3 since October sell-off.

Edit2: Activision Blizzard might get bought up by Disney? There's a chance.

A share holders comment:
"2009 in the global economy crisis the stock lost 51% of its value. 

Currently lost already 33% value compared to ATH"

Don't you find it entertaining when people talk about things they don't really understand and using these things they don't understand as proof for other things they don't understand?
There will be plenty of people to jump on the opportunity and buy those stocks while they're down and blizzard will continue to pump out their garbage for a long time.
I'm kinda worried after all this drama, Activision may want Blizzard to stop doing Blizzcons after all the negativity around blizzcon 2018... very unlikely but you never know what is happening in Activision's mind currently, they are probably starting to panic a little.

EDIT - It's possible that Activision will tell Blizzard not to do Blizzcons every year anymore and only do them when there are going to be major announcements like a new (non-mobile) game/expansion.
05/11/2018 16:28Posted by Michélle
And still going down. Estimate a -14÷ drop coming week.

Edit: today Friday, -14÷, this can trigger a huge alarm to sell, or to buy.
I have a feeling they will sell, the reputation of blizzcon and YouTube fiasco, and top streamers bashing blizzard's way of announcing a mobile game just is not helping them atm.

Shares has gone down in value by more than 1/3 since October sell-off.

Edit2: Activision Blizzard might get bought up by Disney? There's a chance.

A share holders comment:
"2009 in the global economy crisis the stock lost 51% of its value. 

Currently lost already 33% value compared to ATH"

let's be honest here.

WOW is doing fine. New patch seems promising. WOW vanilla has mostly positive responds.

The big drop is thanks to diablo immortal. They kind of made the entirety of blizzard look bad. Including the ones that did good.
The big drop is thanks to diablo immortal. They kind of made the entirety of blizzard to look bad. Including the ones that did good.

Not really.

The stock is dropping for a few reasons. CoD didn't perform as well as expected. Destiny 2 isn't doing too great. Boomsday Project for Hearthstone didn't build on KotFT's success. And Candy Crush Friends also hasn't taken off as well as one would have hoped. BfA was successful, Overwatch League looks promising, and Overwatch itself is steady.

So the MAU, or monthly active users, is tanking across the board. The positives don't outweigh the negatives.
That makes the stock price drop.

And if it was only that, then it wouldn't be so bad. But Activision Blizzard doesn't have a strong portfolio going into 2019. There aren't any major releases in the first quarter that can somehow turn the downward spiral around.

So that makes the stock drop even futher.

We sort of have to look all the way to summer 2019 before there's stuff in the pipeline that can carry some significant growth and interest in the company's IPs.

The Diablo mobile news is actually one of the few positive news that exists, from an investor point of view. It's still far out in the future, so it doesn't help address current concerns. But in the long term it's promising.

So TLDR:

CoD dissapointed: Stock drops.
Blizzcon didn't reveal new, major title releases: Stock drops further.
Q3 Earnings dissapoint: Stock drops futher.
Q4 and 2019 Q1 outlook doesn't look promising: Stock dros further.

Those are the issues. Diablo is actually a promising bit of news, except for the bad PR.
Game is dying!
Pretty normal given the state of things, and I don't mean the games or blizzcon.

There is a lot of uncertainty in the overall market place.
Simple logic, ladies... if you don't like the game enough to ONLY come to the Forums to s**t on the game & it's developers/parent company, you're only fooling yourself that your input is helping, here.

Uninstall the game, cancel your sub. &, please - for the love of all things sacred; f*** off and play some other game...!"
10/11/2018 12:09Posted by Eighjan
Simple logic, ladies... if you don't like the game enough to ONLY come to the Forums to s**t on the game & it's developers/parent company, you're only fooling yourself that your input is helping, here.

Uninstall the game, cancel your sub. &, please - for the love of all things sacred; f*** off and play some other game...!"

I think it usually is just an attempt to get some value over the sub that is ending soon.

If you dont play the game, you might as well go to the forums so the money isnt completely lost xd

Squeeze some entertainment value out of it, and like any official forum its not that hard
I honestly don't think this is going to be a big problem for Blizzard. Yes, the stock drop is dramatic, but it's also only temporary. Stockholders only lose their money if they sell lower than what they bought. Also, this is an ideal time to buy Blizzards stocks since they're going to go back up in a month or so.

It would be nice if Blizzard started listening more to the fanbase due to this though. I feel like they've lately been neglecting feedback.
10/11/2018 14:46Posted by Papudeath
I honestly don't think this is going to be a big problem for Blizzard. Yes, the stock drop is dramatic, but it's also only temporary. Stockholders only lose their money if they sell lower than what they bought. Also, this is an ideal time to buy Blizzards stocks since they're going to go back up in a month or so.

It would be nice if Blizzard started listening more to the fanbase due to this though. I feel like they've lately been neglecting feedback.

it's all about that candy crush money.
Funny to see people talk about stocks and market who's only knowledge is seeying the figures on paper, yes this is meant for the haters who hope that Blizzards burns because the next game isnt ment for them.