Balance Warlocks 1v1

Arenas
inb4 game ain't balanced around 1v1, don't care.

To fix this sluggish warlock gameplay for PvP I think the easiest way to go is to balance Warlock against just one other class, the Rogue.

If you balance us against a rogue then rogues become less OP as you lower their ridiculous burst but you'd also give us some utility we need to survive. Not just this, but it may also have you guys thinking about new defensive or mitigative utility mechanics. I heard you devs enjoy new tech, so here's your chance. Balance a Warlock against a Rogue in 1v1 PvP and it'll spark some new ideas for defense as an immobile caster class.
So you want to be SL/SL lock again?
With how ridiculously overpowered you've been for the past few expansions including vanilla you don't have much room to criticise.

But no there are better solutions than that ofcourse, like baseline teleport, chaos hitting through cloak like it should, some old mechanics like blood horror but I'd prefer some new mechanics designed specifically to handle situations in which rogues present when they open up on a warlock. We should actually be able to defend ourselves, the lore and class fantasy makes out that we should but they removed most of it.
In b4 terrible melee players who finally got a big rating because pveing target with another melee takes 0 skill start coming here and crying about how OP or "fine" warlocks are.
Feels sad, just leveled up :p
To OP.

So this is first expansion when you are not TOP notch.
Yet you want to be balanced around rogue.

Enjoy your spot and get some feel how some other classes feel or felt.
No, not talking about paladin, because i Dont really care.

Just OP post is so ....... bad
07/11/2018 06:03Posted by Abacabb
With how ridiculously overpowered you've been for the past few expansions including vanilla you don't have much room to criticise.

This is the first expansion, where you're somewhat just okayish. In PVP, in PVE, warlock was always the best class. You can still oneshot with Chaos Bolt tho, or Drain Life.
Oh i would also like to add mages to my previous post
07/11/2018 09:34Posted by Râlph
In b4 terrible melee players who finally got a big rating because pveing target with another melee takes 0 skill start coming here and crying about how OP or "fine" warlocks are.

Atleast they got rating... What did you achieve?
08/11/2018 16:22Posted by Aayle

Atleast they got rating... What did you achieve?
the reputation as the biggest idiot roaming these forums.
No... Balancing stuff based on 1v1 is a horrible idea. You might not care, but balancing around 1v1 will(and should) never happen. Nobody gives a !@#$ about duels/bg's. In 3v3, you're not alone, rely on your teamm8's.

I am all in for fixing locks, the drain life situation is incredibly dumb and depressing.

But fixing warlocks just beacause 1 spesific class counters you, is a no-no.
Every class should have a counter, rogue's have countered casters for quite some time. Just as affli locks have countered other casters for example.

i reported you for stupidity

Dude.. Everyone PvEs in PvP nowdays. lol.
Warlocks are fine, you just have to make 0 mistakes and hope the enemy team make mistakes and hope you are in a position to capitalise on these mistakes, and work through all their disruptions because we are (the only?) class in the game who actually have to spend time casting in order to get burst off.

Easy peasy, right?
What a stupid post. Cant tell if its a troll or not. By that logic rogue should be balanced up against paladins 1v1, give them mass dispell. And against mages, give rogues 4 charges of shadowstep lolol.
Will make 3's balanced, hope blizzard hire you, you know this stuff!
08/11/2018 16:41Posted by Barnemonster
But fixing warlocks just beacause 1 spesific class counters you, is a no-no.
Every class should have a counter, rogue's have countered casters for quite some time.

We have like 11 "specific" classes that counter us, namely rogue, paladin, druid, demon hunter, hunter, warrior, shaman, mage, priest, death knight and monk
:)

I can't beat any of these 1v1 but 1v1 doesn't matter, in 3v3 I can't do anything to beat those either, unless they somehow didn't develop a brain before birth, in 3v3 it's my 2 team mates carrying me, it's not exactly fun to know that you are playing the most useless class in pvp and holding your team down...
10/11/2018 08:57Posted by Fleecee

We have like 11 "specific" classes that counter us, namely rogue, paladin, druid, demon hunter, hunter, warrior, shaman, mage, priest, death knight and monk

I can't beat any of these 1v1 but 1v1 doesn't matter, in 3v3 I can't do anything to beat those either, unless they somehow didn't develop a brain before birth, in 3v3 it's my 2 team mates carrying me, it's not exactly fun to know that you are playing the most useless class in pvp and holding your team down...

You're playing destro lol, not even a proper lock specc it's much more closer to a mage than an actual lock omg. Must be hard to pull off this 1.3 sec cast time CBS with 3 flashpoint trait.
Destro is good in 3s only you fail to play it
L2p issue
10/11/2018 08:59Posted by Nælys
10/11/2018 08:57Posted by Fleecee

You're playing destro lol, not even a proper lock specc it's much more closer to a mage than an actual lock omg. Must be hard to pull off this 1.3 sec cast time CBS with 3 flashpoint trait.
Destro is good in 3s only you fail to play it
L2p issue

Negative sir, I'm not playing at all, I don't want a team to be specifically tailored around me to somehow work aka mandatory paladin healer and a heavy cc support class like mage or another oneshot class just to compensate for me

I never once played destruction in arenas, and I didn't play affliction with DL traits either, giving me the l2p comment while knowing exactly nothing makes you look pretty arrogant, you may want to work on that...

But thanks for liking my island expedition talents, I guess