*Spolier 8.1 cutscene*

General
10/11/2018 20:46Posted by Vurru
I want to see jaina reaction to this..... :)

I can assure, every miserable last Horde port will feel the wrath of the Kul Tiran Fleet. All the animals that comprise that filthy and savage Horde will be put to the sword for the horrible pain that they inflicted upon the noble Derek Proudmoore.

Beware the Daughter of the Sea!
10/11/2018 21:46Posted by Keele
Baine being a buzzkill as always. I think the only reason Sylvanas invites him to these events is because she gets a kick out of watching him squirm, and it gives her an excuse to make her evil speeches.

As much as I want this plan to go exactly as Sylvanas intends, it's pretty obvious that it will totally backfire.

This made me wonder. Why IS Baine always there, as opposed to another leader? What’s the reason they keep placing his presence in all these scenes..

I reckon he’s going to finally pop during one of these cinematics and lunge for her. I think it’s all been build up, to this point.

He’ll join Saurfang’s rebellion, and then... i’m not sure what Blizzard will do with it from there
Thats more in SI7 style... We should rez Cairne and send him to meet Baine.
One whining cow less~ /moo

This made me wonder. Why IS Baine always there, as opposed to another leader? What’s the reason they keep placing his presence in all these scenes..

Because he is soo boring that its the only way to make him look like he have a spine. Does not work tho~
10/11/2018 20:22Posted by Kilean
I still don’t get what’s bad about reviving the dead. In WoW I do get rezzed all the time in battlegrounds by a spieit walker dude, sometimes my members of my party in dungeons and

I also wouldn’t mind getting rezzed in RL if I die.
Yeah I also do not get why Arthas is dead in the lore, he comes back every week in game!

/s
10/11/2018 21:56Posted by Keele
10/11/2018 21:40Posted by Draebet
Why the hell is Baine not in full f***ing revolt at this point? He obviously is outraged at Sylvanus and Garrosh got annihilated by the entire world for far less than genocide and I'm pretty sure there is enough "muh honor" orcs and trolls that would flock to Baine to make him a credible rebellion. Not to mention I'm pretty sure if given the chance Anduin would come in all guns blazing to back up his friend. If they want the faction war to keep going so bad have it fail and him go into exile or something and join saurfang, Just stop butchering his characterization for the sake of story
Because the Horde are written to be the heel of this story, so you Alliance can feel like heroes.

Yes and thats boring and bland, we have been the proverbial punching bag for horde aggression to many times to count where is our questionable arm? Why cant we have a subfaction of particularly zealous Draenai that go off and do reprehensible crap in the name of the light? Where is the internal conflict from lightforged, literal beings of the light and void elves who are warped by the void, the antithesis of the light? Why is it so black and white? Where is the alliances nuance? Why do we always have to be put on the back foot by the horde to then go on defeat there rouge element, only to return to status quo and wait for the next leader to go off the rails?

Is it to much to ask to not be the fairy tale heroes defeating the cliche evil villein?
Jainas gonna flip, incoming magic flying boat at orgrimmar!
10/11/2018 22:16Posted by Draebet
Yes and thats boring and bland, we have been the proverbial punching bag for horde aggression to many times to count where is our questionable arm? Why cant we have a subfaction of particularly zealous Draenai that go off and do reprehensible crap in the name of the light? Where is the internal conflict from lightforged, literal beings of the light and void elves who are warped by the void, the antithesis of the light? Why is it so black and white? Where is the alliances nuance? Why do we always have to be put on the back foot by the horde to then go on defeat there rouge element, only to return to status quo and wait for the next leader to go off the rails?

Is it to much to ask to not be the fairy tale heroes defeating the cliche evil villein?
Honestly, I did not expect this point of view. I can respect that. It does seem monotonous that whatever the Alliance touches is "good" by default. Lightforged Nathrezim? No problem. Lightforged undead? Wonderful. Void Elves? What could possibly go wrong? Lightbound Draenei going on a bloody religious crusade? Nothing wrong with that.

There's a lot of premise for moral conflict within the Alliance but it never seems to find its way into the players' experience.
10/11/2018 22:53Posted by Keele
10/11/2018 22:16Posted by Draebet

Honestly, I did not expect this point of view. I can respect that. It does seem monotonous that whatever the Alliance touches is "good" by default. Lightforged Nathrezim? No problem. Lightforged undead? Wonderful. Void Elves? What could possibly go wrong? Lightbound Draenei going on a bloody religious crusade? Nothing wrong with that.

There's a lot of premise for moral conflict within the Alliance but it never seems to find its way into the players' experience.

Exactly if we do anything even slightly morally questionable its either post hoc justified because the horde did something bad to them or its quietly mentioned offhand then never touched on again. God forbid the horde even sets foot in Ashenvale and there puppy kicking monsters.

Then there is every alliance leader happily sending there troops off to die because the high king is a dove who cant commit 100% to going after a leader who committed genocide against one of his subjects.
10/11/2018 22:32Posted by Chocoh
Jainas gonna flip, incoming magic flying boat at orgrimmar!

Well Alex did say they are going to fire the goblin cannon... Though I always thought it's going to be the moment when they will correct their mistake of letting Vindicaar return in one piece from Argus. That ship could have done so much by now but strangely it's missing, with pretty much the whole Draenei bunch. Where the hell did they vanish at the start of BfA lore wise? Too unconvenient to have them around atm?
I hope Sylvanas' silly plan works and Derek is the one to kill Jaina.

It'd be delicious.
10/11/2018 19:14Posted by Northgrave
And people still claim Daelin and Garithos were wrong.

We should have listened when we had the chance.