Improving the open world, using only existing mechanics

General
10/11/2018 21:01Posted by Canticle
Agreed, imagine they halt all work on the next xpac for say a year and concentrate on improving the game as is across the board on all levels then carry on with xpac.

I always wondered why they ignore 7 games worth of worldbuilding and dont use the older content for the new expansion.

Kinda got hopes when Stuff like the postmaster Quest or the Materials for Jeeze Battle Mode made you go all over the world, but these were the only Quests that did this...

Honestly, they should do this more. Have us go everywhere, they have a big world with many beautiful locations, they should use it...
^^ I wish this train of thought(delay an xpac and instead work on the game as is) could build momentum in such away as did Classic.
11/11/2018 10:21Posted by Canticle
^^ I wish this train of thought(delay an xpac and instead work on the game as is) could build momentum in such away as did Classic.

Well, Blizzard seems to listen. 8.1. is fixing alot of things people complain about. They read the forums and lately even bother to comment from time to time.

So I think if we manage to make the constructive criticism outweight the crying and "Blizzard sucks!" insults, we could really have an influence changing the game to the better.
11/11/2018 10:02Posted by Xemeron
10/11/2018 21:01Posted by Canticle
Agreed, imagine they halt all work on the next xpac for say a year and concentrate on improving the game as is across the board on all levels then carry on with xpac.

I always wondered why they ignore 7 games worth of worldbuilding and dont use the older content for the new expansion.

Kinda got hopes when Stuff like the postmaster Quest or the Materials for Jeeze Battle Mode made you go all over the world, but these were the only Quests that did this...

Honestly, they should do this more. Have us go everywhere, they have a big world with many beautiful locations, they should use it...

Even the current expension is obsolite.

Once you beat the content once, there barely any reason to go back.
Emissary WQ will be done once people reached exalted.
On my alts I was never bothered to farm them.
Even on my main the only reason to do it... I don't know. Since I dont care about Transmog neither achievement... Well... I deffinitely not rushing to log in to get the emissaries.

WQ, Warfront, even M+ is pointless.
I sit in ilvl 369 so I don't even plan to go to m+ keys either.

And this is a huge problem.
I think the daily dungeon quest should be available in m+ keys, and the reward should be extra minutes for the timer.
I think in legion the only time I did dungeon daily, when I tried out am I able to solo it. So when it was challanging.

Lets check the game from proffession POV:
Recently I recieved the daily to get rank 3 ring enchant and war flags...
And I was like... What's the point?!
Every proffession has 20 recipes where 2-4 matters everything else is even a waste of materials. The materials worth more in the AH than the actual equipment you make of it.

As a tailor the Embroidered Deep Sea Satin is cheaper than the Deep Sea Satin which is the inredient of the crafted stuff...

Crafted items should build on each other:
For example:
Higher ring enchant should have the lower ring enchant as an ingredient.

Or make more cross recipes like there was a tons in the old time:
leatherworkers needed tailor materials, and vice versa.
Herbalist gave materials for all. Currently even insiption is a joke. (not like the other proffession are better) Even alchemy is worthless, since it is so overused that a new player will never catch up with the market. (i think even now you will waste gold unless you have an avg 3-4x proc)

In my contribution feature and metawarfront suggestion would solve this problem a bit too...

But soft resetting the game at every content patch will lead to burnout any time.

Even now many players are just waiting for new raid.
Our guild stopped progressing since its impossible to recruit inactive players, and now there's no point to farm HC Uldir anymore. For what? Beating it faster?
Since most spec doesnt have the bis drop from Ghuun we have nights when raids are called off...

This is the issue I am talking about in the "future of WoW - long suggestion" topic that I started.
The game should revolve around Warfront, and the outdoor contribution system. Especially when the expension is called "Battle for Azeroth"

Sadly its the same "spam dungeons, finish catch up instances and bg's" under the theme of BFA.
Nothing changed.
Just this time we are beating trolls and blood corrupted butterflies instead of demons and fel corrupted butterflies.

WoW is a minigame, where once you beat the game, there's no incentive to repe\t it.
In classic and TBC time when the open world was more relevant good gears ment faster open world progress.
11/11/2018 16:02Posted by Kraivanah
I sit in ilvl 369 so I don't even plan to go to m+ keys either.

I agree with you, but I also think this wouldnt be a problem, if there was more to do than just getting a better ilvl in this game.

Sure, some people only care about gear no matter what, but I am sure alot of people would do other things when they could.