Becoming Warchief was the worst thing for Sylvanas.

General
TLDR: Sylvanas got screwed and really deserved better!

Honestly, I never made a big deal about how much I hate the current Version of Sylvanas.

I was totaly fine with her before she became Warchief, I didnt like her, her undeads didnt belong in the Horde, but then again, they didnt belong anywhere, and after all, part of what made the Horde the faction I loved was that they were a safe haven for those with no place in this world.

So, I didnt like her but I didnt hate her. She was an interesting Character. She would do everything to achieve her goals, she would lie, she would manipulate and betray those who fight for her, as long as it serves her goals. And no, that is not something that "the writeres screwed up in BFA!" that was how she was back in WC3. She actually stayed true to her Character since she was created.

So after WotLK she tried to kill herself, leaving her people to fight for themself with no leader to look up to, no suprise, she didnt care about anyone but herself, but again, that was her Character and that was ok.

So, she learns when undeads die, they go to hell, and hell sucks hard. She got back and from that point on suffered from serious PTSD. Her one goal in life to kill Arthas was replaced by her new one goal in life to never die. And like before, there was NOTHING she wouldnt do to achieve that.

So... anything wrong till now? Hell no. She was the same Character as before, and even though I didnt like her, I would have loved to see her Quest for immortality. Damn, I would have helped her, cause Just because I didnt like her didnt mean I would want her to go to hell.

But then the worst thing ever happened. She became Warchief. Suddendly she didnt rule just the Forsaken, she was in controle of one of the most powerfull Armies on the Planet. In Legion she kept it low, didnt care much about her role, but did her Quest for immortality thing. And it was ok. Again, her methods were... well, lets be really nice and call them questionable. But what did people expect, its Sylvanas. But, Genn came in and ruined her plan. Sucks for her.

And then BFA came, and we had a Sylvanas terrified of death, out of current options for immortality, and in command of one of the most powerfull armies...

So What did she do? Honestly, exactly what I would expect from Sylvanas: "If I cant be immortal, I will destroy all who could harm me." and she started a War.

And really? I dont think she messed up with the burning of teldrassil. Actually I am sure it went just as planned for her. She knew Saurfang wouldnt kill Malfurion, not after he had to strike him from behind, something that every Orc would consider as a great shame upon himself (Being a proud Warrior race after all) so she just had to wait for a reason to launch the attack and later blame it on him. (Lets be real here, she already had the catapults with enough firepower ready to fire, and people still think she had to improvise there?).

Why did she do it? TO start a War that would end with one faction destroyed and the other one weakened enough for her to wipe the survivors out.

The whole Horde War campaign is about making her forsaken army stronger while hurting both Alliance and Horde as much as possible.

So now we are at a situation where Sylvanas is in her current state, a threat to the Horde, an enemy to the Alliance.

But honestly? That was clear with her having enough power to do it.
She is selfish and willing to step over as many corpses as needed to reach her goal, and she never cared if these corpses wear red or blue. That never changed. What changed are the Tools she has at her disposal.

In the end... I am kinda sad this is how her Story will eventually end. Blizzard now has 2 options (since killing of a faction isnt possible): Keep Sylvanas like she was since WC3, which will lead in her destruction, because she will not surrender. Not when that means she might go back to hell.
Or the second option: They ruin her whole Character by pulling a Kerrigain move and suddendly make a "the voices told me to do" BS with old gods and Sylvanas suddendly becoming a good person.

I dont like any of these options to be honest...

And I am sad that we will lose a Character like Sylvanas.
I do agree, but in the words of Garrosh: "Times change"
11/11/2018 13:41Posted by Typhór
I do agree, but in the words of Garrosh: "Times change"

For him it was kinda the same deal.

He was a great Character with lost of potential, but in becoming Warchief, he was handed a burden that he couldnt handel.
There will come a crazy story in the future, wehere they wll explain, why she does what she does.
11/11/2018 13:50Posted by Shandyra
There will come a crazy story in the future, wehere they wll explain, why she does what she does.

But thats the point of what I said:

She does what she has always done. Shes not even out of Character.
She just got handed a way to powerfull tool and did what was natural to her with it, use it to her own advantage...
11/11/2018 13:52Posted by Xemeron
11/11/2018 13:50Posted by Shandyra

But thats the point of what I said:

She does what she has always done. Shes not even out of Character.
She just got handed a way to powerfull tool and did what was natural to her with it, use it to her own advantage...
Many will not understand ;)
11/11/2018 13:56Posted by Shandyra

As far as I heard, when the BFA campaign continues we get to a point where we talk with Vol'Jins ghost and it goes kinda like

"Jo man, who is Warchief now?"
"Ehm... Sylvanas..."
"SYLVANAS? Are you trippin man? Whos idea was that, who would put her in charge?"
"You told us to..."
"... ... ... I DID WHAT?????"
11/11/2018 13:59Posted by Xemeron

As far as I heard, when the BFA campaign continues we get to a point where we talk with Vol'Jins ghost and it goes kinda like

"Ehm... Sylvanas..."
"SYLVANAS? Are you trippin man? Whos idea was that, who would put her in charge?"
"You told us to..."

Yeah. Don’t drink and warchief.

Only ends up in bad decisions;)
11/11/2018 13:59Posted by Xemeron

"Ehm... Sylvanas..."
"You told us to..."
Yeah, it looks like that their plan with Sylvanas as warchief changed and they had no idea how they cold explain it. Hahaha...

Talanji: "Voljin, why you choose Sylvanas?!"

Voljin: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I thought getting raised as a banshee would be the worst thing..
11/11/2018 14:11Posted by Shainn
I thought getting raised as a banshee would be the worst thing..

Touché....