Ascension of the Kaldorei?

General
What do we think?

The Kaldorei whilst noble, ancient and controlled people have always had a savage, primal instinct instilled within them.

With the Burning of Teldrassil, thousands dead and the Alliance unable to assist fully, it'd be awesome to see a new dynamic to Night Elven attitudes and their approach to war and other races.

I've always viewed the Kaldorei as somewhat cold, distant and ferocious in nature but reserved due to lessons learned and humbled by mortality.

I'd LOVE to see this atrocity at the hands of the Horde to be met out with ferocity and for the Kaldorei to ascend to greatness once more. I'd hate for us to just retake Darkshore and then that it is - we should be changed completely by the genocide of our people and embrace vengeance and dominance.

What do you think? What would you like to see?
12/11/2018 03:30Posted by Caedias
What do we think?

The Kaldorei whilst noble, ancient and controlled people have always had a savage, primal instinct instilled within them.

With the Burning of Teldrassil, thousands dead and the Alliance unable to assist fully, it'd be awesome to see a new dynamic to Night Elven attitudes and their approach to war and other races.

I've always viewed the Kaldorei as somewhat cold, distant and ferocious in nature but reserved due to lessons learned and humbled by mortality.

I'd LOVE to see this atrocity at the hands of the Horde to be met out with ferocity and for the Kaldorei to ascend to greatness once more. I'd hate for us to just retake Darkshore and then that it is - we should be changed completely by the genocide of our people and embrace vengeance and dominance.

Wont happen, despite being lorewise possibly the most powerful people on Azeroth(probably second to lamppost goats and there spaceships with giant cannons now) story wise there just punching bags for the horde to beat crap out of when the plot requires a convenient war of horde aggression.
It's a real shame. I'd love to see a change in leadership for the Alliance like there is for the Horde.

I like Anduin but he's abit of a pacifist. It'd be cool to see a different racial leader take charge of the Alliance as we've had human dominance forever.
12/11/2018 03:30Posted by Caedias

I definitely expect Blizzard to write them (from now on) as being very conscious of what they've lost. The Burning of Teldrassil is their heritage now, that's what defines them as a race. And I think that should be reflected in their actions and behavior.

I also expect their allies - the Dryads, Furlbogs, Cenarius, etc. - to be hostile toward The Horde from now on. Likewise I expect the Cenarion Circle to dissolve.

I don't expect everything to happen immidiately or be reflected in the game tomorrow. But over time I definitely expect to see these changes reflected in the story and lore, and game.

Won't draw real life parallels, but genocide is rarely repaid in kind.
I want to see WC III NEs again. I want a official winner in darshore. I want that they leave their tree hugger image forever. I want Amazons, but not only womans in the battlefield. I want guerilla tactics.
12/11/2018 05:39Posted by Shandyra
I want to see WC III NEs again. I want a official winner in darshore. I want that they leave their tree hugger image forever. I want Amazons, but not only womans in the battlefield. I want guerilla tactics.

I'd love to see this incarnation of the Kaldorei
12/11/2018 05:02Posted by Jito
The Burning of Teldrassil is their heritage now, that's what defines them as a race.

Nnnnnno it's not?

They've wethered worse storms - Nordrassil recovered from being wrecked at the end of WC3, and Teldrassil itself was grown in the span of a mere four years and had a capital city built on it in as short a timespan.

It's really nothing significant. They can just regrow and rebuild it.

Please don't give terrible storywriting credit by implying it would change a whole race whose legacy is FAR greater than that tiny incident.

Within the timespan that night elves have been around, Teldrassil is a very tiny speck.

And I think that should be reflected in their actions and behavior.

Give me a break. A lot of other things should have already been reflected in their actions and behavior. It didn't.

Night elves have been defanged since the start of WoW.

I also expect their allies - the Dryads, Furlbogs, Cenarius, etc. - to be hostile toward The Horde from now on.

Implying they weren't before?

Likewise I expect the Cenarion Circle to dissolve.

... Why? The Cenarion Circle has nothing to do with the Horde and Alliance, other than that many of its members are nature-loving night elves and tauren, and I reckon the vast majority of them would be outraged by what the Horde did.

Of course, they won't be, because Blizzard is terrible at consistency.

It's hardly genocide.

Unless you're trying to imply that in the span of a mere 4 years 99% of the entire night elf population all over northen Kalimdor decided to randomly migrate towards Darnassus - and it never being mentioned anywhere.

Oh wait, that's what Christie was implying, I think.

Quality writing at its finest.
12/11/2018 09:52Posted by Naeya
They've wethered worse storms - Nordrassil recovered from being wrecked at the end of WC3, and Teldrassil itself was grown in the span of a mere four years and had a capital city built on it in as short a timespan.

I'm thinking more of the human tragedy, not the loss of property.

I don't like drawing the parallel, but I kind of feel like Blizzard have taken inspiration from their own backyard. They're based in California, and if you turn on the news right now...
That's the tragedy of the Night Elves – sprinkled with a bit of genocide by a murderous zombie elf.

Anyway, I'll refrain from replying to more of your post. You seem a bit on the aggressive tone for some reason o_-

But it was just my thoughts on what I would like to see. Maybe I should have chosen another word than "expect", because it's not a demand or anything. I just like the possibility of where Blizzard can take the Night Elf story. But we'll see :)
I don't care but Night Elf RP players that goes full hate on Horde makes me cringe and laugh.

I like it.
12/11/2018 10:09Posted by Jakali
I don't care but Night Elf RP players that goes full hate on Horde makes me cringe and laugh.

I like it.
If it is RP it is realistic someways. I mean in RL I would understand this kind of reaction
12/11/2018 05:02Posted by Jito
The Burning of Teldrassil is their heritage now, that's what defines them as a race.

Nnnnnno it's not?

Please don't give terrible storywriting credit by implying it would change a whole race whose legacy is FAR greater than that tiny incident.

Within the timespan that night elves have been around, Teldrassil is a very tiny speck.

And I think that should be reflected in their actions and behavior.

Give me a break. A lot of other things should have already been reflected in their actions and behavior. It didn't.

Night elves have been defanged since the start of WoW.

I also expect their allies - the Dryads, Furlbogs, Cenarius, etc. - to be hostile toward The Horde from now on.

Implying they weren't before?

Likewise I expect the Cenarion Circle to dissolve.

... Why? The Cenarion Circle has nothing to do with the Horde and Alliance, other than that many of its members are nature-loving night elves and tauren, and I reckon the vast majority of them would be outraged by what the Horde did.

Of course, they won't be, because Blizzard is terrible at consistency.

It's hardly genocide.

Unless you're trying to imply that in the span of a mere 4 years 99% of the entire night elf population all over northen Kalimdor decided to randomly migrate towards Darnassus - and it never being mentioned anywhere.

Oh wait, that's what Christie was implying, I think.

Quality writing at its finest.

You're a very, very angry person.
Gonna stay level 70, but I appreciate your consideration.
I'm pretty sure Teldressil was regarded as an abomination anyway.
Much like the Sunwell - it never should have existed.

You can't just go around growing World Trees as you like.
Here we go again.

The cringe that never ends.
12/11/2018 18:10Posted by Leymaiden
Here we go again.

The cringe that never ends.

ikr
12/11/2018 18:08Posted by Ilyrian
I'm pretty sure Teldressil was regarded as an abomination anyway.

Teldrassil was indeed created as an attempt by a certain group of Night Elves (most notably Fandral Staghelm and his followers, many of whom are now deceased) to regain their lost immortality. The tree never received the blessing of Nozdormu as he saw the night elves' wish as arrogant.

I don't think the tree itself was regarded as an abomination, but it did succumb to some corruption up to until Malfurion returned and removed the corrupted branch. It was then blessed by Alexstrasza and Ysera, which prevented the tree from becoming corrupted again.
Nnnnnno it's not?

Exactly. I would love blizzard to read all what they've written about night elves and shown the fans, then show them in-game like they've described them, and set them up, they have a near 15,000 span , and this isn't tons of new gen night elves, a lot of these people have lived nearly that entire lifespan.
Nnnnnno it's not?

Exactly. I would love blizzard to read all what they've written about night elves and shown the fans, then show them in-game like they've described them, and set them up, they have a near 15,000 span , and this isn't tons of new gen night elves, a lot of these people have lived nearly that entire lifespan.

It's hardly genocide.

It was genocide for the Darnassian group, but not all night elves, - still broken isle and cenarion people living, but they weren't many.

The horde war machine would have pushed or killed the vast majority of night elves in its path, from Ashenvale to Teldrassil - the way the story was written, all the night elves rallied to fight and stop this juggernaut, none went on hiding.

Very few civilians outside Teldrassil, most who couldn't fight when Ashenvale was under assault were evacuated to Teldrassil, once the onslaught in Ashenvale wasn't stopped, the possibility that Teldrassil might fall was first considered, but it wasn't till too late that evacuation started. All the night elves available gathered to fight, the only inhabitant place with civilians in darkshore is Lor'nathel, and we are shown exactly what happens to the remaining civilians there.

The bulk were in teldrassil, only a few were evacuated, the rest perished.

There are now too few night elves left - really only professionals of the Cenarion circle that weren't in Silithus or fighting in darkshore - and possibly those in the broken isles which was hit by the Leigon, nightmare and ofc Azshara's curse, with the only large population choosing the horde instead of their kin.
12/11/2018 03:39Posted by Annallusion
Wont happen, despite being lorewise possibly the most powerful people on Azeroth(probably second to lamppost goats and there spaceships with giant cannons now) story wise there just punching bags for the horde to beat crap out of when the plot requires a convenient war of horde aggression

Should happen, but won't - although Legion and 8.1 are causing me to have a glimmer of hope, but blizzard have abandoned night evles very often for me to take 8.1 as a real sign. They would have to continue in 8.2 against Azshara, and continue beyond it, restoring their power, and giving them a home, whether reclaiming Kalimdor or Broken isles - but i don't see how they can reclaim Kalimdor at this time, - if they power up with Elune, create a new Well of power, and utilise cleansed Teldrassil, they might have enough to take part of the broken isles - but they'd need some numbers back - like restored Farondis highborne, emerald dream worgen night elves, defected nightborne and restored to life priests from ToS - that should get them up to around the 10,000 mark, from there with a base in the Broken Isle, launch bigger and better assaults into kalimdor to take all their lands back - ooh. i'd love to see an empowered night elf group taking on the horde.

But i don't think blizzard will ever give them such great highs. - but they have no trouble giving them great lows though. At least not in wow's lifetime.