Stan Lee has died :(

General
Pretty sad indeed

At least he no longer has to deal with online edgelords calling his comic book characters "SJWs" even though the entire comic franchise are about social bloody justice and doing the right thing
12/11/2018 19:29Posted by Plamcia
Do you think we can make petition to create some kind of "monument" in game? Like for Robbie William?

Let's not go that far... While I understand that people loved the man, it doesn't make sense to put a statue of him in-game.

Like I said, I don't mean to sound disrespectful here but if it comes across that way, then I can't help it - I'm just being real and honest. If you're going to ban me for being real, I don't care. You see, I remember seeing a discussion between a Muslim man and an atheist from the western world who was questioning his choice of belief, saying that he's "worshipping an invisible man" and the Muslim man responded with "You claim we worship an invisible man while you over on the west worship celebrities." and it really got me thinking.

Being a man in the western world myself, that Muslim man was actually right. I've never understood the celebrity worship over here, specifically in America, the UK and most of Europe because I don't see a celebrity as anymore special than a random person walking through the street.

Don't get me wrong, of course it matters what a person has done in life and celebrities are people too, and I obviously find it sad when people, well-known (celebrities) or unknown die, but the man was 95, it was bound to happen sooner or later. Ah, society is so predictable.
RIP Stan Lee.

2017 year ago his wife died. Next year for his turn…

I hope he again meet her in heave
You gotta be kidding me !!!! My goodness. How sad is that. What an amazing guy. So sad. So sad.
He lived a good long life
Blizzard, put Stan as NPC in WoW!

Would Kul tiran race "thin man" for him
12/11/2018 20:22Posted by Brujeria
12/11/2018 19:29Posted by Plamcia
Do you think we can make petition to create some kind of "monument" in game? Like for Robbie William?

Please don't. This is a game, not a graveyard. We don't need more memorials in WoW.

Let the marvel movies be his memorial.

hate to burst your bubble but wow has been a virtual graveyard for staff and players since vanilla, its a long blizzard tradition

https://www.wowhead.com/a-guide-to-in-game-memorials
Press F to pay respects

F
I think we're all capable of reading the news. This has nowt to do with WoW, thread reported for breaking forum rules.
12/11/2018 23:26Posted by Pointybeard
I think we're all capable of reading the news. This has nowt to do with WoW, thread reported for breaking forum rules.
Quality example of person online who has not learned consequences for his action and thinks being indecent is cool

Such indecent behavior would never be tolerated irl but look what happens when you are anonymous on the internet
I was sad to read of his passing.
12/11/2018 19:24Posted by Penya
and now, like star wars... disney will rule the marval world without questions asked.

Stan Lee wasn't alone in ensuring that Marvel characters were well represented.

Then there are the fans...the harshest critics of all.
12/11/2018 23:36Posted by Râlph
Quality example of person online who has not learned consequences for his action and thinks being indecent is cool

Such indecent behavior would never be tolerated irl but look what happens when you are anonymous on the internet

What consequences ?

And what was indecent about my post ?

Fact is that this thread has absoluty nothing to do with WoW. This is a general forum for WoW related topics, not some sort of tribute forum for whoever has just died. This thread will end up getting locked just like all the other 'tribute' threads in the past.
12/11/2018 21:25Posted by Redde
Blizzard, put Stan as NPC in WoW!

Would Kul tiran race "thin man" for him

A good cameo in an Important Cutscene here in WoW.

Rest in Peace.
12/11/2018 23:36Posted by Râlph

??????????????????????

How is he being indecent? - He's stating a fact, this is not a WoW-related topic.

What actions? what consequences must he learn for simply stating facts? the fact being, like I've said, that this topic has NOTHING TO DO WITH WORLD OF WARCRAFT.

"Such indecent behaviour would never be tolerated IRL" Oh? I never knew they held social media-styled funerals at game conventions. Maybe Blizzcon should start holding them next year?

You seriously need to chill out. It's embarrassing. Learn to deal with opposing opinions instead of reacting so badly through your emotions like Ecchì-Kazzak.
RIP Stan Lee.
95 is a good run though, thanks for all the comics and movies.
RIP. He will live on in all his art/works.
F
Marvel movies will be even more cringier now.