Gnomes.

Classic Discussion
Can they be warriors in vanilla?
Yes.

Warriors - Rogues - Mages - Warlocks
Unfortunately.
Maybe someone can clarify this rumour for me.

I once heard that there was a dungeon or raid back in vanilla that had water that had to be crossed, which while all other races could run through it, gnomes had to swim which meant they got left behind. At some point it was adjusted so gnomes could walk through it as well.

Was there any truth in this, was it in Vanilla, will it be back in Classic?
15/11/2018 09:53Posted by Lantiia

I once heard that there was a dungeon or raid back in vanilla that had water that had to be crossed, which while all other races could run through it, gnomes had to swim which meant they got left behind. At some point it was adjusted so gnomes could walk through it as well.

only black fathomdeeps comes to mind, but there everyone had to swim at a part

That was in The Black Morass in TBC. Not sure if they ever adjusted it but parts of the swamp other races could run where Gnomes could only swim.

That also inspired:
http://www.darklegacycomics.com/85

Made my day.

This was in TBC, not vanilla. And the dungeon was Black Morass.
Thanks for the answers, nice to have it clarified.
Just to add to the answer to the OP:

All races could be Warriors in Vanilla, making it the only class that could be played by every race. Blood Elves (added in TBC) became the first race unable to play Warrior, though the class was eventually added to Belfs as well.

Mage: Human, Gnome, Undead, Troll
Priest: Troll, Undead, Human, Night Elf, Dwarf
Warlock: Orc, Undead, Human, Gnome
Rogue: All races except for Tauren
Druid: Tauren, Night Elf
Shaman: Troll, Orc, Tauren
Hunter: Night Elf, Dwarf, Troll, Tauren, Orc
Paladin: Human, Dwarf
Warrior: All races