Raider.io is like a credit rating agency

General
To me Raider.io is like a credit rating agency if you have bad rating then there is no way in hell you gonna join the upper class.

It is a disgusting addon that fuels elitesm and self greed. It is a shame Blizzard allows addon such as this but then again they make money from it.
Yea goddam elites, make communism great again!
And without it then what? Go with the highest ilevel player? You'd struggle even more to get in a +10. Why does everyone think raiderio is the devil?

Literally do one of each key weds/Thurs and get a high score. I got to nearly 900 score in a few days, without even trying. And I don't struggle at all to get in a 10 key, usually takes > 1 minute.
Without it at least everyone will have a fair chance to prove them selves instead of a relying on a system that tags you as a "!@#$ player" for having a low score because you was not able to do a higher enough key in time before its locked.
i'd be fine with r.io if it wasn't limited to top500 runs. My server is full, i'm good, but not good enough to be in top500 constantly
12/10/2018 15:39Posted by Icewyrn

It is a disgusting addon that fuels elitesm and self greed.

cant get boosted for a free +10 chest at reset ?

what a shame
The credit rating analogy is pretty bad, because unless you made bad decisions to start with (whether forced to or not), you do start with a moderate credit that can easily be built up by being fiscally responsible.

A better analogy would be companies requiring five years of experience for a job you need, but are unable to get because you lack experience, and are unable to get experienced because all companies need experience.
12/10/2018 15:42Posted by Tinytoriblak
And without it then what? Go with the highest ilevel player? You'd struggle even more to get in a +10. Why does everyone think raiderio is the devil?

Literally do one of each key weds/Thurs and get a high score. I got to nearly 900 score in a few days, without even trying. And I don't struggle at all to get in a 10 key, usually takes > 1 minute.

and what do you do when even your score is not enough for content you can easy do ,just because some jerk wants even more?its a never ending cycle and this is the problem,your always going to get groups asking for ever higher stats just to do medium content.
To me Raider.io is like a credit rating agency if you have bad rating then there is no way in hell you gonna join the upper class.

It is a disgusting addon that fuels elitesm and self greed. It is a shame Blizzard allows addon such as this but then again they make money from it.

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17624172269?page=1

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17624602413?page=1

Just join one of these two communities (or both if you have max level toon on both side, there already hundreds of players on both side, its very easy to find a group for your key or join someone else's group) and let the elitists do their own thing from now on. Here we have no incredibly high ilvl requirements and we are not looking at raider.io scores and i never saw anyone rage at all, nor any group fail a key.
12/10/2018 15:45Posted by Icewyrn
Without it at least everyone will have a fair chance to prove them selves instead of a relying on a system that tags you as a "!@#$ player" for having a low score because you was not able to do a higher enough key in time before its locked.

You have till like Sunday night till it hits 10+ keys to count. You're telling me you can't grab 4 guildies to smash some keys one night? Failing a 12 key gives you 100 score, do that for each dungeon and there's your 1000 score.

And if raiderio went you'd literally have 375+ for any 10 key or even worse. It'd be full of raiders and pvpers that have no clue about the trash (which literally 1 mistake will wreck the key).

It's not perfect by a long shot. But it makes a difference. If I make a 800+ group, and check they've done a 10 in time. You can guarantee it's gonna make my 8 key into a 10. Nice easy 25 min run. If you go with complete random strangers and ignore score. It's gonna be a 3 hour ball ache run.

Trust me, I've been there countless times over the years.
Love your topic name and how you aproach the addon, made me smile.

howerver, this only works if there is demand for it. if there isn't the only elitist minority will use it. If more people start to use it then the question meed to be changed; Why people using it?

My answer would be that might be that the content requires a certain player skill for dps, tank and to heal as well. And also the fact that a dungeon (sorry instance) run is less than 20-30mins. Even if you wipe one or twice you overstepping on that timewindow. You can see people also being angry of parties disbanding after one or two wipes.

Im more keen to undertand why the hell people still think that highend game in mmo (even in wow, after 15yrs of playing) feels that grinding is good and grinding mew gear is the "game". Both devs and most of player base believe this is end end game's goal. I disagree but thats another topic of discussion, dont want to hijack your thread sorry. :)

12/10/2018 15:48Posted by Danellos
The credit rating analogy is pretty bad, because unless you made bad decisions to start with (whether forced to or not), you do start with a moderate credit that can easily be built up by being fiscally responsible.

A better analogy would be companies requiring five years of experience for a job you need, but are unable to get because you lack experience, and are unable to get experienced because all companies need experience.

thats not good either coz in wow you have your own key, so you can make your own group and get xp just like everyone else did
12/10/2018 15:52Posted by Lyceum
content you can easy do ,just because some jerk wants even more

So the guy who doesn't want to invite you in HIS group that uses HIS key is a jerk now. My oh my, entitled much?

And if you roll the dice on a bad player then you lose your key. Nice.

It’s not difficult to raise your score. Find a good guild, do guild runs, it’s much better than PUGs generally.

People acting like the door has slammed shut on the ability to build score and do 10s is silly.

i am whit you on this matter totally agree.

You realise this isn't the Addons fault, it's blizzards fault for only having the top 500 runs tracked. Now why the Addon can't just go off of your personal season highs that are tracked when you log in is probably a technical problem I don't know about, but it seems that would be a better source of data to me if it can't be abused.

But as many have said before, the Addon isn't there just for people to be elitist it's there to weed out people who are bad. It's not a particularly good system but you know what, it's better than what blizzard have given us. Ilvl is an increasingly worthless measure of a players competence, particularly due to the whole warforge/titanforge problems.

If you don't like the addon in it's current incarnation, the only viable solution is for blizzard to replace it with a better one. Something that can more accurately evaluate your capability of contributing to the group without having to get lucky with gear and without having to penalise those who start mythic dungeons later in an expansion.

I'm amazed as an MVP that you are allowed to spew your toxic personal opinion without any consequences.
12/10/2018 16:51Posted by Rezista

I'm amazed as an MVP that you are allowed to spew your toxic personal opinion without any consequences.

How can what he said in any way be construed as toxic?

It's an awful OP.
12/10/2018 16:51Posted by Rezista

As far as I know MVP's don't represent blizzard in any way. I thought they just became MVP's since they had a good record for posting constructively on the forums. Not sure why you'd say his opinion is toxic, at best I'd say it's a little bit of an oversimplification but that's about it.

Otherwise why shouldn't they be able to post their own opinions on the forums like everyone else?
nothing more like the trihard elitist community, than turning the game into more of a grind for approval which is more in line with a JOB than a video game.