Alliance Darkshore WF Glaive

Tides of Vengeance PTR General Discussion
I'm just saying how it is. Not that it's fair. My point is there's reasoning behind this. If Blizz change it great. But it's a slim chance.
29/10/2018 13:01Posted by Arcadius
I'm just saying how it is. Not that it's fair. My point is there's reasoning behind this. If Blizz change it great. But it's a slim chance.

I doubt the reason is that they've suddenly decided that all glaives are the same, and that demon hunters are the only ones to use any of the variations. I mean, the different types of glaives are so radically different that anyone can see that they're different weapons entirely. I mean hell, in the real world, glaives are a type of polearm.

You are right in one regard though, the chances of this getting changed are quite slim. But who knows, they may simply be waiting to give weapons like these when they get around to introducing night elf heritage armor. Like they are, hopefully, planning on doing with the blood elf spellbreaker weapon and shield.
29/10/2018 02:01Posted by Melian
28/10/2018 23:05Posted by Zulvol
trolls and nelves need to use glaives too its our one of racial weapon

Or Blizzard could just differentiate between warglaives and moonglaives, given that they are entirely different weapons.

There wouldn't be enough variety in moonglavie category to make it seperate. letting warglaive type be used by other classes would be much more elegant solution. This could open the doors to RP night elf sentinels, troll shadow hunters, blood elf spellbreakers.

I hope this issue would get mentioned in at least one interview during Blizzcon if not during Q&A.
29/10/2018 23:09Posted by Cedrad
29/10/2018 02:01Posted by Melian
Or Blizzard could just differentiate between warglaives and moonglaives, given that they are entirely different weapons.

There wouldn't be enough variety in moonglavie category to make it seperate. letting warglaive type be used by other classes would be much more elegant solution. This could open the doors to RP night elf sentinels, troll shadow hunters, blood elf spellbreakers.

I hope this issue would get mentioned in at least one interview during Blizzcon if not during Q&A.

Oh no, I'm not disagreeing there. I don't think they should be introducing a new weapon category. What I meant was that there's no reason to throw in moonglaives with warglaives, given how different they are as types of weapons, just because they both have the word 'glaive' in the name.

As it has already been suggested, it should simply be a race-wide transmog options for a number of weapons, so each class can have access to them.
29/10/2018 16:54Posted by Melian
29/10/2018 13:01Posted by Arcadius

I doubt the reason is that they've suddenly decided that all glaives are the same, and that demon hunters are the only ones to use any of the variations. I mean, the different types of glaives are so radically different that anyone can see that they're different weapons entirely. I mean hell, in the real world, glaives are a type of polearm.

You are right in one regard though, the chances of this getting changed are quite slim. But who knows, they may simply be waiting to give weapons like these when they get around to introducing night elf heritage armor. Like they are, hopefully, planning on doing with the blood elf spellbreaker weapon and shield.

Unless i'm mistaken this is the first time none demon hunter glaives have been available, so we have no prior experience to make a reasonable assumption on why they haven't made them available to other classes. So as it stands its because Demon Hunters are the only class to use them.
While I wouldn't be as dramatic as threatening to unsub'.... Seriously Blizz? At this point, it looks like you're trying to rile up the Nelf players on purpose. (Also, makes me scared of what you would do if you put the glaive of spellbreakers available to players finally.)

So yeah, "warglaive" as a category shouldn't be restricted to Demon Hunters. We know of at least three others racial class (Shadow hunters trolls, Sentinels night elves, Spellbreaker Thalassian elves) who uses those and they would make more sense being usable by the other melee class as well. (I would say at least warrior, rogue and hunter. Less convinced by monks or paladin, but eh, who knows.)
The very shiny fel artifact of the Demon Hunters stays available only to demon hunters, but it opens the transmog options for those futurs models like the Moonglaive; a weapon that really shouldn't be restricted to DH.
The other solution is to make a few Heritage weapons to go with those armors, that can transmogged by everyone in the race. I would also support that myself, particularly if that put the Nightborne and Void Elf weapons availables.
Hey Blizzard,
can you please fire the guy that designs these amazing restrictions for transmog?

On behalf of your entire player base,
thank you.
Do agree that the weapon is iconic for night elf's sentinels etc, can always hope blizz give them to you as a heritage weapon.
30/10/2018 16:16Posted by Laniakear
Hey Blizzard,
can you please fire the guy that designs these amazing restrictions for transmog?

thank you.

Or at least move him in another department. He's obviously no more happy to be here than we are.
Put it on reddit or twitter.
Or just tag the weapon as both a warglaive and a sword - something warriors, rogues and hunters - iconic elven classes can use, and these are classes we know night elf sentinels can be one of.
30/10/2018 20:52Posted by Evynstar
Or just tag the weapon as both a warglaive and a sword - something warriors, rogues and hunters - iconic elven classes can use, and these are classes we know night elf sentinels can be one of.

And a polearm/two handed-whatever. Let's be honest, they look a -lot- better when they're not dual-wielded.
30/10/2018 13:31Posted by Arcadius

Unless i'm mistaken this is the first time none demon hunter glaives have been available, so we have no prior experience to make a reasonable assumption on why they haven't made them available to other classes. So as it stands its because Demon Hunters are the only class to use them.

you're mistaken: warglaives of azzinth
glaives were a racial weapon, long before they become a class ( race restricted) weapon too.
30/10/2018 16:18Posted by Narmë
30/10/2018 16:16Posted by Laniakear
Hey Blizzard,

thank you.

Or at least move him in another department. He's obviously no more happy to be here than we are.

The cafeteria will do.
Bump for a good cause.
From an interview Wowhead did with Ion Hazzikostas
https://www.wowhead.com/news=288418.2/blizzcon-2018-interview-with-ion-hazzikostas-and-chris-robinson-azshara-raises-n#comments

'Blizzard understands the desire to have a weapon of that look, maybe something Blizzard can do down the line is add a weapon with that silhouette for other classes.'

Which, while nice that they've seen the complaints, doesn't fill me with much hope. Most of the comments that involve 'down the line...' or 'we're looking into it' never come to fruition, at least in the current expansion.

They also said that the skimpy Archer set (the OG one NPCs wear) has no plans to be the Heritage armour. However, if the community likes it so much, it may be a starting point for the Heritage armour.