Tedious world levelling.

General
Returning player. Not bought BfA yet (waiting on end of month pension) so decided to level a Warlock as I was told the levelling experience had been improved. What? it is still the tedious, outdated drag and made worst by the fact that BfA has bought players back. It really is mind numbing to have to scrap over the low spawn rates still to fulfil the outdated fetch ten rat tails rubbish. This is so slow it is just really irritating and not much fun at all.
It feels so dated now, surely the levelling experience could have been given a little love with so many expansions.
How fast do you want it to be? And what's slow for you?
A lot of us don't enjoy the revamped levelling. That is not to say there aren't people who do enjoy it. I'm sure they must exist. But it's an alt doing content I've done umpteen times again and it feels so damn slow now. So I've basically stopped bothering for now until it's improved.
It's not a question of fast. It is just getting rid of some of the tedium. It does feel dated to always be waiting for mobs to spawn. So many, just about all, of the old quests rely on just gathering x amount of (tails, heads, insignias ) and when there are a few doing the same quest it is no longer fun trying to jump in and grab a mob first. Not asking for more XP, but just tweak the spawn rates a little.
Really? I've found it quite fast and fun so far on this character. Granted I started at 20 as it's an allied race but I did 20 to 25 in darkshire in a couple of hours 25 to 35 in stranglethorn in about 4/5 hours 35 to 40 in western plaguelands in a couple of hours although I had darkmoon buff for that 40 to 45 in eastern plaguelands that took about 4 hours as I was stopping and starting more doing side quests. Did 45 to 49 in blasted lands in about 2 hrs then stopped xp cos I was hunting something there and idid 49 to 57 in felwood and winterspring in about 4 hours and really enjoyed them both but I hadn't done those zones before so they were new to me.

Someone did make a really good thread with a guide on how to level quickly a couple of weeks back.

I would say do you have heirlooms for the xp buff? Also get mining and herbology for the extra xp and maybe consider turning war mode on for the extra 10% xp to speed things up?
Not only for veterans but making a great content for newcomers would attract a lot of new players to subscribe

Dunno why blizzard letting it go so unimproved
The op isn't complaining about the actual speed of leveling its that the kill mob quests for items isn't the same as it is for bFA, where we can all tag and loot?

I
13/10/2018 13:13Posted by Guldañ
The op isn't complaining about the actual speed of leveling its that the kill mob quests for items isn't the same as it is for bFA, where we can all tag and loot?

I

Yes it is. I was doing the lights hope chapel quests alongside another player and we both tagged and looted the same mobs at the same time.
Dungeons 1-110 should give much more xp especially on stupid trash.
I think it goes pretty fast.
I have never done Azshara before and when I finished the zone I got to level 33 or so.

And no one is forcing you to create airs etc. Or even do the leveling.
13/10/2018 13:26Posted by Nefaryas
13/10/2018 13:13Posted by Guldañ

I

Yes it is. I was doing the lights hope chapel quests alongside another player and we both tagged and looted the same mobs at the same time.

No its not.
"It really is mind numbing to have to scrap over the low spawn rates still to fulfil the outdated fetch ten rat tails rubbish. This is so slow it is just really irritating and not much fun at all. "

then their next post

"It's not a question of fast. It is just getting rid of some of the tedium. It does feel dated to always be waiting for mobs to spawn. So many, just about all, of the old quests rely on just gathering x amount of (tails, heads, insignias ) and when there are a few doing the same quest it is no longer fun trying to jump in and grab a mob first. Not asking for more XP, but just tweak the spawn rates a little.
"

Their post is made up of delusions and part truth.

1.They believe that they are scrapping for mobs , meaning both players cant tag and loot.

-You say its false that we need to scrap for mobs , I wasn't sure , but I believe you are being truthful.

2.The only slow he is referring to is the slowness of mob respawns and the drop rate of quest items from the mobs.

So the Ops post has some truth and constructive criticism to be gleaned from it, even if its mixed in with false perception/ delusion.

He isn't saying " WAHH leveling is to slow"!
Why did they fix something that wasn't broken smh
13/10/2018 12:17Posted by Shwosh
Not only for veterans but making a great content for newcomers would attract a lot of new players to subscribe

Dunno why blizzard letting it go so unimproved

But this is that revamp. It's just that we now no longer have fast levelling.

Some suspected it was a drive to push up the number of paid boosts.

I managed to do one for heritage armour and only by ignoring all the questing in the end. I could tank and heal so I just queued for dungeons, but it's no where near as fast and efficient as it used to be :(.
13/10/2018 13:34Posted by Guldañ
13/10/2018 13:26Posted by Nefaryas

No its not.
"It really is mind numbing to have to scrap over the low spawn rates still to fulfil the outdated fetch ten rat tails rubbish. This is so slow it is just really irritating and not much fun at all. "

then their next post

"It's not a question of fast. It is just getting rid of some of the tedium. It does feel dated to always be waiting for mobs to spawn. So many, just about all, of the old quests rely on just gathering x amount of (tails, heads, insignias ) and when there are a few doing the same quest it is no longer fun trying to jump in and grab a mob first. Not asking for more XP, but just tweak the spawn rates a little.
"

1.They believe that they are scrapping for mobs , meaning both players cant tag and loot.

-You say its false that we need to scrap for mobs , I wasn't sure , but I believe you are being truthful.

2.The only slow he is referring to is the slowness of mob respawns and the drop rate of quest items from the mobs.

So the Ops post has some truth and constructive criticism to be gleaned from it, even if its mixed in with false perception/ delusion.

I feel a case of cross wires somewhere here. I've understood tedious to mean slow and obviously I've misunderstood the OPs meaning, it still stands that levelling isn't slow or tedious in my opinion, even though I get that others are finding it so. If changes aren't being implemented then speeding up the process with xp boosts and gathering professions still stands as a fairly reasonable comment.

The tag and loot changed a while ago in all zones I wanna say it happened in legion but it may have been late in WoD (If anyone knows when it happened please correct me) I remember because I started a new character and noticed i wasn't having to race to murlocs in elwynn forest anymore for that annoying murloc heads quest.
13/10/2018 13:59Posted by Nefaryas
<span class="truncated">...</span>

No its not.

then their next post

"

I feel a case of cross wires somewhere here. I've understood tedious to mean slow and obviously I've misunderstood the OPs meaning, it still stands that levelling isn't slow or tedious in my opinion, even though I get that others are finding it so. If changes aren't being implemented then speeding up the process with xp boosts and gathering professions still stands as a fairly reasonable comment.

The tag and loot changed a while ago in all zones I wanna say it happened in legion but it may have been late in WoD (If anyone knows when it happened please correct me) I remember because I started a new character and noticed i wasn't having to race to murlocs in elwynn forest anymore for that annoying murloc heads quest.

leveling speed seems ok to me, but I use full rested exp, and for me leveling up mostly on quests with a very few dungeons by using full rested exp is nice, the world seems quite empty, but ive been playing at antisocial times , but even though it seems empty, ive already had more pvp than I did for X years while leveling * leveling on normal realms I used to play on with pvp turned on.
13/10/2018 11:56Posted by Nektulus
Returning player. Not bought BfA yet (waiting on end of month pension) so decided to level a Warlock as I was told the levelling experience had been improved. What? it is still the tedious, outdated drag and made worst by the fact that BfA has bought players back. It really is mind numbing to have to scrap over the low spawn rates still to fulfil the outdated fetch ten rat tails rubbish. This is so slow it is just really irritating and not much fun at all.
It feels so dated now, surely the levelling experience could have been given a little love with so many expansions.

You know there are many many ways to skin a cat. I never bother with quests and still manage to get to 120. Trouble is that the game gives the easy quest route for all this who have little interest in actually trying something different. If you choose to play that way, then yes its tedious.

I recall years ago being in Eastern Plaguelands up by the spiders and I just stopped. This was before scaling. I decided I would not bother with quests and just find other ways to level. In the end I just gave up with questing. Once free of it you can pretty well do what you want in game and go where you want.

Here is the scoop... you don't even have to leave Eastern Kingdoms like ever to get to 120. You can level from 1 to 120 and never do a single quest, or train, or boost, or buy a boost, or use a weapon or anything. Nothing. Just takes a bit more effort that's all. Depends on whether you're confusing time/speed with enjoyability.

Anyway... I can understand how someone would think there was only one route to 120. I would say you are playing in easy mode. Maybe try another. Next time you are at the first quest giver just say 'nah ah !' and walk away and never go back to one. After all they are the ones telling you what to do. You don't have to listen to them. Trust me. Its more fun 'not' doing all that killing stuff to gather this and that.
Sorry double post. Ignore.
13/10/2018 15:35Posted by Isdy
13/10/2018 11:56Posted by Nektulus

You know there are many many ways to skin a cat. I never bother with quests and still manage to get to 120. Trouble is that the game gives the easy quest route for all this who have little interest in actually trying something different. If you choose to play that way, then yes its tedious.

I recall years ago being in Eastern Plaguelands up by the spiders and I just stopped. This was before scaling. I decided I would not bother with quests and just find other ways to level. In the end I just gave up with questing. Once free of it you can pretty well do what you want in game and go where you want.

Here is the scoop... you don't even have to leave Eastern Kingdoms like ever to get to 120. You can level from 1 to 120 and never do a single quest, or train, or boost, or buy a boost, or use a weapon or anything. Nothing. Just takes a bit more effort that's all. Depends on whether you're confusing time/speed with enjoyability.

Anyway... I can understand how someone would think there was only one route to 120. I would say you are playing in easy mode. Maybe try another. Next time you are at the first quest giver just say 'nah ah !' and walk away and never go back to one. After all they are the ones telling you what to do. You don't have to listen to them. Trust me. Its more fun 'not' doing all that killing stuff to gather this and that.

I'm not judging (at least my intention isn't to judge) but are you saying you have spent £40/€45 on a game to not do the story? I'm also intrigued as to how you've levelled?
13/10/2018 13:44Posted by Punyelf
But this is that revamp. It's just that we now no longer have fast levelling.

Some suspected it was a drive to push up the number of paid boosts.

The time spent is not the issue for me because if they came up with something new and interesting everyone would mind it a lot less

If something takes time, is not very fun and on top of it is a decade old of course players will complain
13/10/2018 15:48Posted by Nefaryas
13/10/2018 15:35Posted by Isdy

I'm not judging (at least my intention isn't to judge) but are you saying you have spent £40/€45 on a game to not do the story? I'm also intrigued as to how you've levelled?

simple by doing random pvp and random dungeons, I did leveling for so long mostly like that it I became sick of it, well mostly dungeons, not random bgs.

The system we have now allows questing as at least a semi viable way to level, before for years it wasn't really viable to level via questing in older expansions.