Is resto still as weak as people say it is?

Shaman
@Wamcyhr (sorry alpabet lol), Futurum, Ograshuk, Kvothe

So other classes are stronger. Even if that is the case, does that make Shaman unplayable? I'm not being a troll here or looking for an argument. My logic is that even if a priest heals more than me, so what? If I am in a group and that group succeeds in whatever instance we're doing. That's a success.

The movement thing is a bit tricky, agreed. We like a nice static packed group, so we can blanket them in lovely heals, but the movement aspect doesn't make us unviable. I think the problem is that people complain, which is fine, we're not perfect and this is a forum. But too many subjects are like headlines 'SHAMAN IS DEAD!!' 'RESTO IS RUBBISH!!'. Well.... not really. We're fine, just that we maybe need to work harder or plan a bit better than a Druid or a priest. That's part of the challenge, the fun of playing these games, in my opinion.

Spirit Link Totem and Capacitor Totem I think are very useful and how many other healers have these kind of support tools.
I always thought like this: my job, a healer's job, or in raids, a healer group's job is to keep people/the group alive.

I know with DPS specs, people are mostly concerned with their numbers. I didn't think with healers it would be like that. My question is, if people say that shamans are bottom spec in raids e.g. , does that mean, shamans don't show as having high HPs?

Since not everything is numbers, at least that is what I think. In Legion as well, if group dmg was low, what I did was spare my mana, not waste it so at least I should "something" on the meters. What I did was wait for big dmg moments, and there I'd go crazy.

I haven't tried resto yet in dungeons, so no idea there. I do see a few parts, playing as elemental, where I think those are tough ones as resto. I especially imagine grevious/explosive weeks, imo those are the worst ones....

Seeing the few updates in 8.1, you recon that'll put us in a better position? Right now, all I see is monks and priests. I also got a disc priest, not because their current state, I started on at the end of Legion, just like a Prot Warrior. Never played those specs, but I really enjoyed both of them. I like the original idea of healing through damage.

Not sure if this goes for all classes and specs, but missing the artifact really hurt a lot in gameplay. I feel kinda slow, when I play my disc, she really doesn't feel slow at all, but fast and action packed. I'd vote for at least a bit faster gameplay.
30/10/2018 12:49Posted by Gulkas
@Wamcyhr (sorry alpabet lol), Futurum, Ograshuk, Kvothe

So other classes are stronger. Even if that is the case, does that make Shaman unplayable? I'm not being a troll here or looking for an argument. My logic is that even if a priest heals more than me, so what? If I am in a group and that group succeeds in whatever instance we're doing. That's a success.

The movement thing is a bit tricky, agreed. We like a nice static packed group, so we can blanket them in lovely heals, but the movement aspect doesn't make us unviable. I think the problem is that people complain, which is fine, we're not perfect and this is a forum. But too many subjects are like headlines 'SHAMAN IS DEAD!!' 'RESTO IS RUBBISH!!'. Well.... not really. We're fine, just that we maybe need to work harder or plan a bit better than a Druid or a priest. That's part of the challenge, the fun of playing these games, in my opinion.

Spirit Link Totem and Capacitor Totem I think are very useful and how many other healers have these kind of support tools.

It matters if you play at a higher level, high m+ keys and the last mythic raid bosses. Shamans arent welcome or wanted.
Hi Futurum,

So is the reason Shaman isn't wanted or welcomed because we CAN'T do the content, or is it because too much of the community just wants to hammer through M+ as fast as possible to get the bling at the end? Shaman isn't as good as 'insertFOTMhealer' so we don't want them?

If it's the 1st reason, it's Blizzard's problem and hopefully Kudir is right and 8.1 helps us. If it's the 2nd reason, that's the community's problem and not Blizzard's at all. Perception is reality. If people say Shaman is poor, then that's what other people believe.
Hey Gulkas,

Not that I do insane content, In Legion, HC raids and 15-17+ dungeons, but I do feel that Blizzard can't fix everything. You can't fix the community. In general, I feel many play FoTM specs. I am not sure, but I feel so far for healers that's monks/disc priests.

I enjoyed doing keys, and loved the fact that you didn't loose the key after not getting there in time. For me, my fun isn't based on "in time", but in general I see for pugs that is the case.

That is why I prefer not to pug.

Mythic raids, it seems they only take the "strong" specs, the rest can go take a nap. I'm sure if I had the time, I could do mythic raids, but finding a Mythic Raid guild with the right mindset, that's like finding a needle in a.......

I'm not going crazy over it though, it is what it is, but not getting less sleep over it. I just enjoy the game as it is, don't need any stress from it. Am also a fan of Dark Souls etc, so I just fire up another game :-)

I love shamans, and I always try to do the best I can. Not playing perfect.

Another issue I see is that I feel people want specs that always shine in everything. I don't mind being ok in general, and shine when I need to. I felt like that in Legion. Stack fights I mostly shined, but I feel better when I turn off Skada. I don't heal to be better than others, I just want to make sure the group lives. It's a mentality thing, and that's something you can't change. You can only ignore it, which is what I do, ignore or at times, laugh at it :-D

Peace, enjoy life!
30/10/2018 09:34Posted by Gulkas
I'm a bit confused by all of the negativity. Is it only harder to heal in high end M+ or something?

Yes.

Shaman is terrible in higher m+ keys and nothing in the 8.1 patch will adress that unless the Chain Heal buff will help.

In Raids we're somewhat behind but the Chain Heal buff will help us be competitive.

Shaman isn't as good as 'insertFOTMhealer' so we don't want them?

If only - there's no FOTMhealer because all the other healers can do well in M+. Shaman is alone in being terrible for high m+ keys.

If I am in a group and that group succeeds in whatever instance we're doing. That's a success.

As a shaman you will succeed less often. And that's it.
Hi Kudir,
I'm 100% with you!! My mates and I group up on a Monday, there's usually 5 of us (4 last night) and we do whatever instances we feel like. Tried our first Mythic dungeon last night and it was pretty straight forward. I was surprised to be honest.
I'm keen to get into some proper raids in BfA (not just LFR), but i'm not interested in PUGing, so when it comes to it, I'm hoping we'll find another 4 or 5 like minded folk to team up with.
Feel free to add me on Battlenet if you like. I'm darkseneshal#2561. If we're on and looking for a body, you're welcome to join in with us. Whether we get to mythic is well... we'll see lol, but getting a good challenge while having fun is what this game is about for me.

Hi Akathisia,
At what level of M+ do we start to really struggle? I'm pretty sure by the time I get to it, we'll be at like 8.2 or something and any issues will be ironed out lol!
Shamsung

In any case it`s blizzards fault.

1. Shaman doesn`t have a toolkit to do the provided content (high difficulty).
2. It`s obvious for people taking other healers (except paladins, they are quite sh.it, like us now) to increase their chances to succeed. You won`t take a bicycle in mid january to get to your job instead of your car.
Making specs that perform that bad will result in their drop in PvE content & appropriate community disapproval.

High keys and mythic raiding is not a hospice, either you are getting you job done or getting benched.

As rsham you have to bust your azz to be on the same level as others.

Taloc mythic, 1st rsham is #35 & 6 shamans in top 100.
Mother, 1st shaman #15 (below bdk, jezuz f. christ) with 3 shamans total
Devourer - no shamans
Zekvoz - no shamans
Vetcis (that`s our guy) - 2 shamans
Zul - 2 shamans
Mythrax - perfect encounter, Disc priest only.
Ghuun - make a guess.

If you look through Uldir in general, that`s a disc priest (specced holy on zul) raid only.

Pure trash addon.
@Gulkas would love to join, I'm one of those green Hordies though hahaha :-D

Will still add you mate, cheers for the invite :)
@Kudir Hahahaha fair point mate. We actually have Hordies too (Orc warrior & Orc EnhShaman for me), we're just working on the Alliance guys first, so yeah add me if you like and we'll maybe get to kick some butt at some point :) Or we'll meet in a BG and stand laugh at each other with our pointless, can't do nothin' Shamans :D :D

@ Wamcyhr. That makes pretty grim reading. Good point re the bicycle in January analogy and if that's the case, it's a shame if we're that far behind the rest. Hopefully by the time I get there, it'll be 8.2 and this has been fixed, but what worries me is that we're maybe not that awful and it's word of mouth that has ruined people's chance to do high end content. Either way, with the group I'm in, we'll get as high as we can get and see where that is :)
30/10/2018 15:47Posted by Gulkas
Wamcyhr

I saw this guys few times here already and Id like to point out that his name reads as "Shamsung" and I think thats pretty cool :D
Thanks Meristu :)

Apologies Shamsung. Cool name! Are you a Shamsung Galaxy Shaman or a Smart Shaman with HDMI addons ;)
https://i.gifer.com/3yF.gif

Lost in translation.
Samsung ? - No, Shang Tsung.
Mortal Kombat ? - No, it`s Samsung.

In any case the answer will be different, playing on words.
Man, I'm so depressed right now. Been trying to pug some M+0's today for the weekend event and to kill some time... Ilevel 378 and I'm just getting flat out rejected time after time after time. Switch to monk, instant invite... I so hate this game right now.