Vote kick debuff

BFA Dungeons, Island Expeditions, Raids
Just got kicked from island expedition because the team didnt want a healer, so now i have to enjoy a 30 min debuff. How can the debuff length be the same when you are kicked as when you leave by yourself? I had the !@#$ luck to enter a group with 2 friends and get punished for it. They didnt even let me get out of combat to change spec.
I know this is not the answer you're looking for, but joining normal expeditions as a healer is a waste of time. Instead of complaining that you were kicked, set up your dps spec and you can be sure it won't happen again.

Enemies in expeditions drop health, which includes a battle res when picked up near a dead person. It's hundred times more efficient and less painful to have more dps instead of healing.

If you overpull in an expedition, it will probably be a wipe anyway and healing won't help. And if you don't overpull, there will always be enough healing from the orbs to keep the group alive.
31/10/2018 12:49Posted by Azerate
I know this is not the answer you're looking for, but joining normal expeditions as a healer is a waste of time. Instead of complaining that you were kicked, set up your dps spec and you can be sure it won't happen again.

Enemies in expeditions drop health, which includes a battle res when picked up near a dead person. It's hundred times more efficient and less painful to have more dps instead of healing.

If you overpull in an expedition, it will probably be a wipe anyway and healing won't help. And if you don't overpull, there will always be enough healing from the orbs to keep the group alive.

here you are again, trolling next guy... sad prick
02/11/2018 12:06Posted by Grogk
31/10/2018 12:49Posted by Azerate

Huh? I have no idea what you're talking about and probably neither do you. I'm not trolling anyone and I don't recall insulting you, so don't insult me.

Personally I don't attempt kicks on healers by the way, but try to explain to them instead. It's debatable whether this is a sufficient reason to kick someone, but you can certainly defend yourself from this by...not healing, which is a waste of time.

Anything else you need explained?
02/11/2018 12:06Posted by Grogk

You're the one trolling not him, he actually tries to tell OP why a healer isn't the needed thing in an IE.
Still, this thread went sideways. This should be a debate about do we really need that 30 minutes debuff? As one who has done near 1000 of these scenarios (alts included) I can say for sure: it's not uncommon to get kicked just because you encounter a troll or two. While I have no problem splitting from a group of toxic people, getting half an hour deserter debuff for being kicked from a 5-min-scenario is simply bad design. Hell, who came up with this does not even qualify as an individual fit for thinking, much less as an engineer...