Do any blues even read the forum?

General
31/10/2018 19:04Posted by Zuljiren
It's incredibly disheartening.

The joke is they do reply but 99% of the time it's to outrageously silly or meaningless posts.

Any well written post that challenges their game design, they want nothing to do with.

02/11/2018 13:18Posted by Aerythlea
01/11/2018 10:12Posted by Jalisco
I really hope so, but they have been drinking cognac, and sipping gin for the past six months, in celebration for a "masterpiece" of game development.

If that's the case, I've been missing out for the past 6 months. :(

You have! There were some really good posts. (ignoring liquor conquest on purpose here)

Welcome back :)
02/11/2018 14:38Posted by Kryptomight
Good to see that blues are coming in only for this type of tread, while important issues raised by devoted players stayed unanswered for months.

Looks like you're paid by the number of posts and not by solving anything, as frankly it is nowhere close to obvious the added value of your post.

And how exactly are "blues" supposed to "solve" anything? They ain't devs, they can't make any changes to the game. The best thing they could do is writting "I read this thread" under every topic that pops up.
Given the sheer volume of rule-breaking and general !@#$-posting on this forum, my answer would be "sometimes".

If I was working as a CM, I probably wouldn't spend a great deal of time here, either. Most people here are really toxic and don't contribute much, but I also think a significant amount of that problem is down to the structore of the forum.

By making each thread a linear, flat structure, it's very easy to derail threads.

People love armory trolling. Even big names and streamers love armory trolling. Even I do it sometimes. Either an argument is correct or it isn't, but trying to repeatedly respond will just derail the thread or turn into a quote-war, so people love just dismissing others based on their armory profile.

This leads to !@#$ arguments like: "Oh you think the game is too easy? Have you done 8/8M? No? LOL U SUCK!" This is just completely useless. It's perfectly possible for the game to be too easy 99% of the time and then have one ultra mega hard game mode at the end which just towers above you like an impenetrable wall, but hey let's not consider that so we can score some internet ownage points idk.

You can't really post any long-form content and expect people to read it. Somehow even universally liked but long posts just die. This is especially problematic because MMORPG game design and discussion is VERY complex. This massively degrades the quality of the discussion.

The site loads ridiculously slowly and I have to repeatedly clear my session cookies or my log in isn't working correctly (error about bad XML formatting appears in the console) which is just annoying

The level of engagement by blues is very low. They've got themselves cought in the trap of thinking that they have to make an announcement or keep quiet. They never ask further exploratory questions like "Do you mean that X causes Y therefore Z would solve it? How does that fit into this list of W goals? Elaborate further." They generally either post/translate announcements or "own" someone and then close the thread.

MMO-Champion isn't any better right now. It's a little less toxic, but obviously no Blizzard posts or Blizzard listening. Reddit is A LOT better at the minute, because it's so non-toxic.
I really hope so, but they have been drinking cognac, and sipping gin for the past six months, in celebration for a "masterpiece" of game development.

There is an after party at my place, but we only have rum atm. You cool with that?
Just read that our blues can post on US forums.

This gives me an idea, can you guys compile well written and important sounding topics and repost them o the US forums for recognition please?
Is any feedback EU players give to Blizzard via Submit Suggestion in game or on forums are even redirected to developers in US ?

Just a question to save me alot of time and help me moove on, if there is no hope: Do you read threads like these?
https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17624533226#post-1
i'm fairly certain they're not allowed to bicker with fans on the forums,

the more you say the more !@#$ you have to deal with because of the volume of things said

so they don't say anything inflammatory or respond to petty people
02/11/2018 15:51Posted by Seråph
i'm fairly certain they're not allowed to bicker with fans on the forums,

the more you say the more !@#$ you have to deal with because of the volume of things said

so they don't say anything inflammatory or respond to petty people

Exactly this

Just look how people bash them soon as they post anything and people act surprised we dont get more blue posts and EU taken serious the EU forums compared to the US ones are so childish.
Which is a shame because there are some really really good post going un noticed due to the fact people are toxic.
What annoys me is that instead of being serious and honest by just saying something simple like "we can't comment on threads directly but we do read them and we take your feedback seriously" we mostly get jokes etc.
I don't think anyone is looking for them to be in all threads answering everything, but some with well written topics and also good replies shouldn't be ignored.
I'd rather see them post nothing at all if they are just gonna choose the "fun" threads to reply to, that will only make people annoyed to even see a blue post in the long run.

I mean how hard is it to at least acknowledge some of the well put together threads with something like this blue post.

19/10/2018 12:49Posted by Sorakleon
Thank you for your feedback Kraivanah :)

I know it can be disheartening for constructive feedback to go unanswered, but rest assured it does not go unnoticed.

Sadly it's the only blue post i could find with this sort of encouragement to actually give them feedback.
I thought that was their purpose here, to be the bridge between us and the devs, but i guess i don't understand their role fully.

when are high elves added to alliance?
you're not even real "blue". Just EU department.
I wonder if there is a single sentence that a community manager could post on forum that wouldn't be ridiculed.

And still people wonder by blue's not post much.
02/11/2018 15:46Posted by Primeapex

Just a question to save me alot of time and help me moove on, if there is no hope: Do you read threads like these?

Yes, I do read those. I've also read through Zuljiren's rather lengthy post about world content and how it could be improved. More often than not, I'm usually reading the forums during my weekend even though that's outside of my work hours, just so on Monday morning I already have a head start on reporting and sentiment gathering for the week.
02/11/2018 16:33Posted by Aerythlea
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Yes, I do read those. I've also read through Zuljiren's rather lengthy post about world content and how it could be improved. More often than not, I'm usually reading the forums during my weekend even though that's outside of my work hours, just so on Monday morning I already have a head start on reporting and sentiment gathering for the week.

This is awesome! I'm really glad to hear this, you're awesome! Thank you for the hard work. =)
To an extent I feel bad for them. They can only watch, but not participate in forum pvp(except when they do the finishing blow - but that's as exciting as farming in 20 lvl zone with a max lvl character)
02/11/2018 16:45Posted by Shumensko
To an extent I feel bad for them. They can only watch, but not participate in forum pvp(except when they do the finishing blow - but that's as exciting as farming in 20 lvl zone with a max lvl character)

And they are right. Why would they? Everytime a blue post something the conversations derails in personal attacks against him about "why didn't you discuss my post and AGREE WITH ME".
It's much better to silently read and report the discussions without saying anything.
I'm pretty sure they read everything, since it's also their job, and we know that sometimes your job can also affect you in real life, so it might happen to continue doing it outside work hours.
02/11/2018 15:46Posted by Primeapex

Thank you kind sir, I really appreciate it!
31/10/2018 18:59Posted by Xemeron
Not talking about responding, but is anything that is written here having even slightest chance to be noticed by anyone who actually works for blizzard for thing other than deleting threads that use bad words?

of course they read it. and when they did, they laugh at the op. real hard. then they get themselves another cup of coffee and read the answers to the op. then they laugh even harder. then of course it's time for another coffee break. if they have a good day, the look through their macros for an answer that might best fit the op but is at the same time as irrelevant as possible. they post it and then - you guessed it - it's time for another coffee break. and just when they wanted to add another reply they realize... oops, 5 pm already. then they go home. rinse and repeat.

tl;dr: no one at blizz gives a unicorn's behind about what people post here.
02/11/2018 17:08Posted by Primeapex

Thank you kind sir, I really appreciate it!

*Kind Ma'am that'd be I guess ^^