For Game Master its ok to abuse kick system

General
I only do island expedition for weekly cap and for finishing the cap i needed 3000 azerite,fine i queued a normal island.
This has never happened to me before (i dont queue a lot of random island anyway)
I got grouped with another balance and a paladin,as the match started the paladin was afk at the boat and stayed afk for like 3 minute.
After 2 min i started a vote to kick for the paladin,the vote to kick failed after 20 sec the vote to kick failed i got kicked from the island.
I reported the 2 players for zone distruption,i explained everything to GM and this was the reply to my ticket:

Sorry to hear about what happened there, sadly this isn't something we can actually intervene with.

Groups are empowered to manage their own members through the vote-kick system. If the majority of the group feels a player should be removed, they can initiate a vote-kick to remove them. The system is entirely under the control of our players. They may choose to remove any other player from the group for any reason, provided the vote to kick passes.

While I totally understand it's not a nice feeling to be removed from a group this way, it is not abusive for players to use this feature as designed.

So if you have a 2nd account or a friend just queue for normal island and stay afk on boat,you can get kicked and it's not against blizzard rules you cant be banned
but if a player say anything just kick him.
What a great system...
31/10/2018 19:26Posted by Toiren
After 2 min i started a vote to kick for the paladin,the vote to kick failed after 20 sec the vote to kick failed i got kicked from the island.
I reported the 2 players for zone distruption,i explained everything to GM and this was the reply to my ticket:

Always 2 sides to every story I find. In saying that, the GM was absolutely correct in their response, and the reasons you reported were nothing to do with getting kicked.

The vote-kick system is mandatory in LFG content because of the abuse that would happen if it wasn't there.

Your title is very misleading and I think it's inappropriate.
Why do people keep making these posts?

Yes, unfair kicks do happen, but the yare statistically in an extreme minority. For instance, I haven't seen unfair kick in like 6 years.

Everyone for some reason think they need to share their story about their unfair kick.

System is as good as it can be. It's not ideal sure, but it's far better than was we had initially. If 3 people agree to kick you without reason, as most people claim, then well, you're better off without them anyway. You'll get into the next instance in no time and forget it ever happened.

Chance is you will not get unfair kick in the next 5 years probably.

Regards,
Imm
GM are all mighty god that are never ever wrong and speaking ill of them in ANY way will get you muted and laughed at
I'm guessing paladin is getting boosted by his friend and you tried to break that up
When you report someone in Island Expeditions you run the risk of getting kicked yourself because the players might be friends. The other guy will cancel the vote kick and tell his friend what happened, then they both kick you.

So far I have only kicked one player because he was playing solo and ignoring my requests to group up. The benefits outweigh the bad in my opinion.
same happend to me and the support told me in his broken english that its ok to vote kick for any reason

so you can vote kick for someone having a bad transmog even
Island Expeditions are a breeding ground for toxic and leeching behaviour. It has no clear goal/route like dungeons and smaller group size with no need for determined roles enables this kind of annoyance. Two friends can que to IE and there's nothing you can do if they decided that they take turns in AFK it through or whatever the reason for the AFKer, and if you initiate vote you basically initiate it to kick your self.

Since Island Expedition is romp where you just gather azerite the needed amount without any need to really ever stop, and they are quite short in time needed to complete them, solution would be to disable vote kick in IE and just automatically kick anyone who has not moved in 30 seconds or attacked/gathered anything in 60 seconds.