Rewards in "Specific Battleground" queue

Battlegrounds
Why aren't there any? What am I missing here?

Nowadays I only play 2 BGs: WSG and AV... for reasons. When I queue for those Battlegrounds as "Specific Battleground" I get neither Conquest Point, nor Mark of Honor. To be fair I'm not really in the need for any of them, I'm more like curious about what's going on here.

I mean aren't they supposed to reward you with something besides Honor? Probably not as much as Random BG queues would, but some?
I do also think that you should get some sort of reward for specific also.
Its simple really. If there were rewards for specific battleground queues that were even half as good as random queues, people would just choose their favourite bg and spam it all day. That would have the effect of increasing queue times for random bg's.

Horde average queue times are 6-10 minutes for a random or random epic right now.

Give people the ability to play their fave bg again and again and that queue time might well double or triple.
05/11/2018 23:00Posted by Söze
Its simple really. If there were rewards for specific battleground queues that were even half as good as random queues, people would just choose their favourite bg and spam it all day. That would have the effect of increasing queue times for random bg's.

Horde average queue times are 6-10 minutes for a random or random epic right now.

Give people the ability to play their fave bg again and again and that queue time might well double or triple.

It still seems like a bad design. If you choose a random dungeon queue you get the "basic rewards", which is a chance to loot items and you also get some extra crap I don't even what they are in BfA. In PvP tho it's all or nothing. No Comquest Point, no Mark of Honor and no gear.

I played a fair amount of PvP this expansion, yet I did not even cap the first Conquest reward which is a 345 dagger I think. This seems kinda stupid. And once again, I'm not asking for myself. That 345 dagger isn't gonna do it for me, but if you PvP in any form I think you should get some PvP reward for that.

About the Q times. There has to be a better solution than this. There was a mercanary system in Legion, I don't know if that is in place in BfA or not, but in theory that would solve the imbalance of the Q times between factions.

But at the end this should be a choice a player can make. You choose the specific BG with longer Q times for the basic rewards or go for the random with shorter Q times for the basic + extra rewards.
As it has been said Blizzard incentivizes random BG queues because it helps lower queue times. If everyone queues for random BGs, the system has maximum flexibility for filling and matching teams.

On the other hand, when players use specific BG queues that don't overlap (e.g. queue for the BGs that your faction wins the most), queue times go up.