What common beliefs do you disagree with?

Story
What common beliefs or interpretations of the lore do you disagree with?

Try to focus on common, frequently posted opinions about the lore that you find posted here or elsewhere. What commonly held beliefs do you disagree with, or what beliefs do you have that make your feel like you're in the minority?

Try to avoid criticising others for what they disagree with, by the way. Let's avoid turning this into another flame war if we can.
Mainly all

'I want my Horde back'. Anduin accept Saurfang's demand and opens the door but Saurfang's is the traitor.

Tyrande disrupts the raising process and kills a Valkyr, which a significant victory against Sylvanas but going to Darkshore was a mistake.

Sylvanas is painted as Gul'dan and Artthas combined but she is not evil and works for Horde's interests.

Could write some more but mainly these.
This is more of a gameplay thing, but the lore/story of WoW simply isn't good enough to justify the restrictions it imposes.

There's been more than one occasion where I'd become friendly with someone and discovered they enjoy WoW. Great! Would be fun running a few dungeons with them. Too bad! They're Horde, so we can't do that.

Huh, this Demon Hunter class looks pretty cool, but I don't think much of elves in general, so I'm kind of stuffed here.

Of course, there are lore/story reasons, but since I don't particulary care about it too much due to the player character feeling like a passive observer to the main story beats (this varies between expansions), it just feels restrictive.

On other notes, the Horde have always been evil, and that's perfectly fine.
Pandaria was one of the best things to happen to WoW, for the game needs more brand new worlds and landmasses to develop.

Saurfang is a traitor, although still better than Sylvanas of course.

Illidan's return was one of the worst things to happen to WoW, because it completely redefined his character again.

Also, Garrosh did nothing wrong but that idea is not so uncommon really
Less common believes I hold:

The game, and especially the story, would be better off without the factions.

Garrosh's fall from grace could have been told better, but was actually one of the better character-stories of WoW.

One elven race is one too many.

There isn't enough magical corruption.

Anduin would have been interesting as a gnomish character.

The story is close to the "so bad it's good"-mark, and slight improvements will make it less enjoyable, not more.
That there's still hope for this franchise's lore without a full-on reset to vanilla
Why hasn't the Vindicaar simply vaporised Sylvanas, or been lost (Successfully) destroying Horde superweapons?

Kaldorei becoming less savage is to be expected, exposed to other races more and more. Not savage enough in combat though. The Kaldorei should have been a 3rd faction and capable of matching the Horde or Alliance in combat, on their own turf at least.

Warchief Baine is the Horde's best hope.
What beliefs do you have that make your feel like you're in the minority?

Night elves don't have automatic i-win cards. They aren't inmune to defeat if the strategy is solid.

What happened in Lordaeron with the Horde soldiers that died to the Blight isn't an atrocity. Generals sacrifice troops all the time if its for the greater good.

I rather they had killed Talanji instead of Rastakhan.
10/11/2018 13:00Posted by Zarao
What beliefs do you have that make your feel like you're in the minority?

Night elves don't have automatic i-win cards. They aren't inmune to defeat if the strategy is solid.

What happened in Lordaeron with the Horde soldiers that died to the Blight isn't an atrocity. Generals sacrifice troops all the time if its for the greater good.

I rather they had killed Talanji instead of Rastakhan.

I get a feeling this isn't an uncommon opinion.

Also I belief Malfurion and Tyrande were always portrayed fine. Only problem was they weren't shown as the "powerhouses" they were supposed to be. Instead being replaced by the Human Demi-God empowered "hero".

And even if I hate the Trial of the High-King scenario and even the whole High-King shenanigans, Tyrande was portrayed just fine within it; rash and not thinking ahead.
Stormwind should be destroyed by the Horde and be rebuilt into something more interesting.
10/11/2018 13:39Posted by Ashval
Stormwind should be destroyed by the Horde and be rebuilt into something more interesting.

Even better, don't rebuild it and let the Humans be refugee's in Ironforge or something! :P
It's not really that much story related, but ehh, whatever, elsewise I would just post Daelin/Garithos were right for the hundreth time. Ok here it comes, horses are the best mounts in game. Nothing ruins immersion more than when you are riding around a beautiful human kingdom on your horse and some random pleb rides on some !@#$ty reptile past you.

Also, considering how many people who shouldn't really be playing Alliance in the first place cried about the reputation mounts, I'm now afraid I won't see another horse for a long time. Even the vicious mount for this season that should have been Kul Tiran themed is a random hippo, though a cool armored horse would be much better. At least I'm glad that Blizzard didn't give in to screamers completely and gave a horse as Kul Tiran race mount instead of some "exotic" asspull we have never seen before. Looking forward to acquiring it.
I don’t want Sylvanas OR Garrosh..

Sylvanas isn’t what horde are about imo, but Saurfang is too much of a goodie as well.

I’d really like someone similar to Garrosh, but less nuts.

Grom/Overlord Geya’rah would be awesome.

Rightfully it could go to Blaine, but again, he’s just a big cuddle monster.
10/11/2018 13:45Posted by Grimgar

Sylvanas isn’t what horde are about imo, but Saurfang is too much of a goodie as well.

Preach, brother!
be beaten to a bloody blob with the villain bat all the time is horde bias
So Stonetalon Garrosh, which a lot of us wanted?
10/11/2018 13:48Posted by Ashval

Preach, brother!

I just feel like they keep missing the target, you know?

But thanks to the story development in recent times they’ve got some strong options, IF they’d be willing to give it to an Allied racial leader, but my worry is that it may be too soon for the player base to accept that just yet.

Also, your guild name is awesome, ginvite please.
Vereesa isn't a bad character, her hatred for the Horde is well-placed, and simply being coupled with a human doesn't make an elf a bad character, the overabundance of such is bad, but thats it.

Nightborne really should've been Alliance, it's clear to me they puposefully pushed them to the Horde all the time, if they didn't, they clearly would've gone Alliance to rejoin their family
10/11/2018 13:55Posted by Osran
So Stonetalon Garrosh, which a lot of us wanted?

Nope.

He’s been ruined now, bringing him back in any other form/alternate timeline etc wouldn’t do it for me. He’s wrecked as a character, let’s him lie. I want someone similar but with the bugs taken out.
09/11/2018 19:06Posted by Taxania
or what beliefs do you have that make your feel like you're in the minority?

Lor'themar should be Warchief. There, I said it. If he was painted green and had tusks, Orcs would be creaming themselves over a War Hero who leads from the front, takes no crap and is a snark beast, and actually cares about his people.

Gnomes are quite possibly the most enduring and bada$$ race in the game. Their racial backstory makes Lordaeron and Quel'thalas look like an amusement park. So grim..

Varian made the right decision at the end of SoO. You don't push a people whose backs are against the wall, but still have nukes..

Anduin is a Good King. Seriously, he has no bad qualities, especially now that his youthful idealism has been tempered by bitter experience, and he realises that some people (Sylvanas) simply need to be stopped.

Anasterian, Genn and Trollbane were right, and if Terenas had listened to them, there would be no Horde to be at war with.

When you got past the Timey Wimey bullcrap, WoD was actually a good expansion. New ideas, stunning music, beautiful settings..

(That last is probably the most contentious!)