The truth of Wrathgate, at last.

Story
1 2 3 7 Next
https://www.eurogamer.net/amp/2018-11-08-world-of-warcraft-and-the-masterplan-for-sylvanas

"I've heard these discussions on the internet about 'she's going off the rails', but is she? I've been writing Sylvanas personally since 2006, and this is pretty much - the Wrathgate and the Blight and the Forsaken - in character. Those were all under Sylvanas' orders. What we're seeing now is an escalation of the plans Sylvanas has, clearly, and we're in the middle of that."

Your thoughts?
Someone should tell him to re-read the lore. Unless he is basically saying that Chronicles is wrong then he doesn't know the story xd.

Last time I check Sylvanas somewhat knew what was going to happen but was in denial about the whole situation.

Edit :

If I am wrong then do point it out. But ultimately this doesn't change much about the event if anything. It still happened and she was still evil back then, perhaps we can have some of the "traitor" chants again (assuming this is true).
09/11/2018 19:16Posted by Frozenshadow
Someone should tell him to re-read the lore. Unless he is basically saying that Chronicles is wrong then he doesn't know the story xd.

Last time I check Sylvanas somewhat knew what was going to happen but was in denial about the whole situation.

Continuity exists to enhance a story, not to tie the hands of creators.

This is the game's creative director speaking. If he says something about the game's lore, he's right.
Can we trust such resources?
First and foremost, we must keep in mind that this is someone recounting an interaction from Blizzcon. Though I strongly doubt the person is making things up, they may be, either conciously or unconciously, ommiting some information. In addition, since this was in informal discussion, Alex may not have had time to plan answers and could have misspoken, like Blizzard employees have in the past. Consdiering it has never been officially stated that she was behind the Wrathgate, it could easily be a slip of the tongue.

That said, considering how long Alex has been part of the narrative creation, I doubt he would misremember something like that, and considering everything Sylvanas has done so far, this seems likely, with Putress and Varimathras just taking her plan for themselves. Perhaps this was meant as a way to finally reveal the truth?

If true, this means Sylvanas was responsible for starting the first Alliance-Horde, and further confirms she has no loyalty to the Horde. Though people will still be claiming that Baine and Saurfang are the real traitors.
09/11/2018 19:18Posted by Taxania
Continuity exists to enhance a story, not to tie the hands of creators.

Oh not that sh*t again.

09/11/2018 19:18Posted by Taxania
This is the game's creative director speaking. If he says something about the game's lore, he's right.

People can be wrong or/and misinformed you know, no one knows the lore/story perfectly and can make mistakes.

Regardless it doesn't matter, all what changes from this "new development" is that we can start chanting traitor at her, considering Saurfang gets the same treatment for far less.
Afaik Sylvanas had an other personality at this time. She became what she is after the fall of the lich king.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/story/short-story/leader-story/sylvanas-windrunner
09/11/2018 19:25Posted by Shandyra
Afaik Sylvanas had an other personality at this time. She became what she is after the fall of the lich king.

"I've heard these discussions on the internet about 'she's going off the rails', but is she? I've been writing Sylvanas personally since 2006, and this is pretty much [...] in character."

According to Alex, this is consistent with the character that she has always had since he started writing her.
09/11/2018 19:16Posted by Frozenshadow

Edit :

If I am wrong then do point it out. But ultimately this doesn't change much about the event if anything. It still happened and she was still evil back then, perhaps we can have some of the "traitor" chants again (assuming this is true).

Except that the Chronicles Volume 3 hinted at the possibility of Sylvanas knowing about the Wrathgate beforehand.
welI i have had enough of this !@#$. wait and see the say. that is nothing but bull%^-*
i am don with this mist 2.0 recycle amateur work
09/11/2018 19:28Posted by Taxania
09/11/2018 19:25Posted by Shandyra

"I've heard these discussions on the internet about 'she's going off the rails', but is she? I've been writing Sylvanas personally since 2006, and this is pretty much [...] in character."

According to Alex, this is consistent with the character that she has always had since he started writing her.
Maybe he means that she doesn't showed her whole potential at the time? In pot of saron she was an real !@#$%^-, compared to jaina
09/11/2018 19:32Posted by Arctur
Except that the Chronicles Volume 3 hinted at the possibility of Sylvanas knowing about the Wrathgate beforehand.

I thought it was stated that she knew about it but was in denial? Imma going to have to find the line.
Look on the bright side, guys. He also confirmed that Sylvanas will not be a raid boss. Idk but that should ease some concerns.
He also confirmed that Sylvanas will not be a raid boss.

Garrosh didn't die in a raid.

09/11/2018 19:36Posted by Frozenshadow
09/11/2018 19:32Posted by Arctur

I thought it was stated that she knew about it but was in denial? Imma going to have to find the line.

Like most good lies, Sylvanas Windrunner's account of the rebellion in the Undercity contained some truth. Grand Apothecary Putress had truly attempted to overthrow her, and Varimatharas truly was trying to claim the Forsaken in the name of the Burning Legion.

But the plague had been created at her direction. Sylvanas was willing to take vengeance against the Lich King at almost any cost, even by making a weapon as deadly as the plague. Whether she was aware that Putress and Varimathras were planning to use the concoction remained a mystery. Rumors persisted that she knew about the attack at the Wrath Gate beforehand, and her denials did not assuage the doubts of her detractors.
09/11/2018 19:38Posted by Moburon
Look on the bright side, guys. He also confirmed that Sylvanas will not be a raid boss. Idk but that should ease some concerns.

She'll be two raid bosses instead, like Deathwing.
09/11/2018 19:38Posted by Moburon

still there are killing horde character just so there can get a easy expansions
Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!!! Oh.... sometimes I just love Blizzard. The ideas really don't have to be good to be entertaining.
Cheers for that Arctur. I actually don't know what to think. If this is generally true then damn this must be rough for you Hordies who think she is acting in the best interests of the Horde.

What have you done to deserve Sylvanas as your Warchief I do not know.
09/11/2018 19:53Posted by Frozenshadow
Cheers for that Arctur. I actually don't know what to think. If this is generally true then damn this must be rough for you Hordies who think she is acting in the best interests of the Horde.

What have you done to deserve Sylvanas as your Warchief I do not know.

But night elves are still the ones getting the worst writing of all, right?