Skins - How To? (Specific Question)

Druid
I am sorry if you have seen enough of these posts but I had a look and couldn't find what I was looking for in previous threads.

Are the Legion forms linked directly to the Artifact daggers? I just feel somewhat cheated if we get new weapons we can't mog into daggers.

If that's the case are we stuck with the old, boring, pedestrian models? :(
Yes, forms are tied to the weapons if I'm not mistaken. However Artifact transmog rules are bit different from normal. You can transmog artifact appearance over most everything as long as they act similarly so basically no melee weapons transmogged over ranged ones (eg. wand into a staff).
I think the same restrictions apply though, don't they?

Daggers can only be transogged into daggers. For example, a 2h sword can be mogged into a 2h mace/axe/polearm/ sometimes staff.

Daggers however, along with fist weapons, can only be mogged into themselves.

Mace/Staff work better for Feral meaning it's likely more of those will drop when raiding - if I equip one of those, will I not be able to use my artifact skins because as a general rule they can't be mogged into daggers?
10/11/2018 16:07Posted by Balganath

Nope. For example you can mog the Silver Hand (2h mace) despite the fact you're using one-handed axe and shield or Scythe of Elune (polearm) while you're using one-handed mace and off-hand (my druid does that since I play Balance / Resto). Only restrictions as far as I'm aware are the weapon's function aka is it ranged or melee weapon so you can't transmog wand and off-hand into Aluneth (staff).

I'm not sure about how artifact daggers work but I don't think they fall into the special exception category in this matter so you should be fine transmogging Fangs of Ashmane over any melee weapon be it 1h or 2h.
10/11/2018 17:27Posted by Aldith
10/11/2018 16:07Posted by Balganath

Nope. For example you can mog the Silver Hand (2h mace) despite the fact you're using one-handed axe and shield or Scythe of Elune (polearm) while you're using one-handed mace and off-hand (my druid does that since I play Balance / Resto). Only restrictions as far as I'm aware are the weapon's function aka is it ranged or melee weapon so you can't transmog wand and off-hand into Aluneth (staff).

I'm not sure about how artifact daggers work but I don't think they fall into the special exception category in this matter so you should be fine transmogging Fangs of Ashmane over any melee weapon be it 1h or 2h.

Thank you! :)
In early beta i tried. You could use any weapon appearance with your artifact cat and bear skin. But they changed it and you have to use fist/dagger appearances for artifact skins.

Here how does it work in early beta
https://prnt.sc/kwtftq