Again heritage armor

General
Yes again.... In my defense, blizz needs to be more clear on this since it requires lvlin all the way!!

I just rolled a horde character because in 14 years (!) I've never been horde. I wanted to lvl this char all the way to go through the story and build a bond with my char so the speak.

However what if after I lvld this to 120 and unlocked the Mag'har orcs. Then i lvl a Mag'har orc from 20 to 120 thus unlocking the heritage armor. Then I'd race change this orc (Khamu) to a Mag'har........
My info says that even then I can't use heritage armor on this char (Khamu)... Correct?

Thanks in advance, sorry to say find it all very confusing.

PS: The post I found about it commented by Vrakthris https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20765646394:

"Once the Race Change processes there will be an icon next to your character on the character selection screen. You can use it whenever you'd like.

I should note that you will be unable to use any other character service on that character until the Race Change is used.

And of course, it is important to remember that using a Race or Faction Change to switch to an allied race makes that character ineligible to earn the Heritage Armor."[b][/b]
Once you unlock Mag'har heritage you can use it on every future Mah'har chatacter, even if boosted/race changed.
Yes, if you want 2 Mag'har orcs. But to unlock the heritage armour you need only lvl 20-110.

I'm lvling this lightforged draenei for heritage and maybe I'll race change some char later on, but going from lvl 20 to 110 is quite a journey these days. Haven't done so in a very long time and my bond to her is fine. Specially after using her a lot at the forum and doing some work on my neglected Loremaster achievement. :)

Edit: "And of course, it is important to remember that using a Race or Faction Change to switch to an allied race makes that character ineligible to earn the Heritage Armor."

I think what they mean is it's not enough to just unlock an allied race and then racechange, if you want heritage. There is also a lvling process needed, creating a lvl 20 and going all the way up to 110.
Thanks you two

@Eulalia:
Now that you mention it he states 'earn' ... so yeah, agree with you. He means that char can not unlock it
as long its unlocked on your account, all other chars of the same race can use it. Even if they were racechanged to said race.
@Khamu: There is a difference between being unable to earn and unable to use. What this means is this:

Standard race character 1 unlocks allied race.
Standard race character 1 is race (or faction) changed into the allied race.
This character can NOT unlock heritage armour.
Allied race character 2 is created and levels up normally and unlocks the heritage armour.
Allied race character 1 can now also use heritage armour.
11/11/2018 10:48Posted by Khamu
Yes again.... In my defense, blizz needs to be more clear on this since it requires lvlin all the way!!

I just rolled a horde character because in 14 years (!) I've never been horde. I wanted to lvl this char all the way to go through the story and build a bond with my char so the speak.

However what if after I lvld this to 120 and unlocked the Mag'har orcs. Then i lvl a Mag'har orc from 20 to 120 thus unlocking the heritage armor. Then I'd race change this orc (Khamu) to a Mag'har........
My info says that even then I can't use heritage armor on this char (Khamu)... Correct?

Thanks in advance, sorry to say find it all very confusing.

PS: The post I found about it commented by Vrakthris https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20765646394:

"Once the Race Change processes there will be an icon next to your character on the character selection screen. You can use it whenever you'd like.

I should note that you will be unable to use any other character service on that character until the Race Change is used.

And of course, it is important to remember that using a Race or Faction Change to switch to an allied race makes that character ineligible to earn the Heritage Armor."[b][/b]

Wait till 8.1 so you don't pull your hair out when leveling.
11/11/2018 16:24Posted by Lumbo

Wait till 8.1 so you don't pull your hair out when leveling.

I read that too. No problems there, I like lvling this one through the story. He's already going to fast with my heirlooms ^^. Need to reach 120 and build the rep so..... 8.1 will be usefull for my mag'har orc :)

Thanks for the replies all.
11/11/2018 10:52Posted by Saílor
Once you unlock Mag'har heritage you can use it on every future Mah'har chatacter, even if boosted/race changed.

This. It's pretty clear on what they say on their faq (I can find it for you if you need it).

When you unlock heritage on one character you can use it on all your other alts aslong as they are the race you unlocked it for. EG, a regular Orc can't use a Mag'har orc's heritage armour obviously.

The things you can't do to obtain heritage:

Character boosting
Race changing (You cannot race change DURING levelling up, OR race change another alt that wasn't an allied race to level them up to 110.)
RaF grant levels

Any of the 3 things above will stop the achievement if you are levelling up to obtain it. After you unlock the heritage armour, you then can race change or even delete the character and you will still have access to heritage armour on other intended races.