Uldir mythc punishes meles for no reason.

Dungeons & Raids
I don't think I have seen a worse raid for meles. And it is not because they are poorly balanced, on the contrary, meles are far better balanced than range DPS, healers and tanks, with every class, except ferral druids, being comparable on DPS. But the boss mechanics, especially after the 6th boss prevents the raid of having more than 3-4 meles. It leaves the ratio out of 13 dps 1:3. It is no wonder wowprogress is full of warriors, rogues, demon hunters and ret paladins that are looking for guilds to raid with. Majority of them being between 4-6 bosses in.
I really hope the next raid will be better balanced and does not exclude players from raiding, just because they picked the wrong role.
~4 melee spots per boss.

Just kidding, one of them has to be a demon hunter for magic debuff.

Then one has to be a warrior for battle shout.

Thank god for brewmasters being good right now, otherwise you might need a windwalker for the debuff too.

Now you have 1 spot between every other melee spec in the game.

Have fun. Whoever decided to add back damage debuffs with 0 other ways to get them through scrolls was braindead. It makes this melee problem 10x worse.
12/11/2018 11:39Posted by Jerby
Then one has to be a warrior for battle shout.

Why not use a prot warrior, ha ha ha... Oh, Blizzard...
Well isn't this sort of the norm? For as long as i remember raids have been built around mechanics favoring ranged specs. The changes to classes in legion, made that more apparent when suddenly alot of other specs.(mostly hybrids with a melee spec) became viable as proper dps:ers at a greater extent then ever. There's also the issue with mostly melee classes being new introductions into the class pool. If tinker becomes a thing I hope it will be a ranged class(As at least one of its specs).

A part of me really don't mind, melee handle movement far better then ranged, well except BM-hunters who can do any boss/mechanic while trying to trigger the NE flip jump enought times to end up in a record book.

It's a bit unfair that mechanics in raiding punishes melee, but given that most other gameplay punishes ranged classes to a greater extent, Arena, BG's(well smaler scale like RBG etc), WPvP, Questing well basicly any content outside of raiding(except few mythic+ related mechanics). In BFA Ranged classes and tanks really got the short end of the stick so it's in that sense fair that melee gets unfavored in one single type of content.

I wished it were fair, but that whould probably just increase the melee over representation even further. In no other expansion have the shortage of ranged dps:ers and tanks been this bad or rather... it have never felt this lackluster to play ranged. I'm not saying it's unplayable but is it really enjoyable?

It's not better that shadow priests and elemental shamans are pretty much dead in PuG content even if their dps can be passable given a skilled enought player behind them. MM hunters, Demon/Destro Locks, Arcane/Fire mages are even less represented because the classes have a "better" spec to use. But not everyone finds it fun to play frost mage or affliction warlock.
12/11/2018 07:51Posted by Rezista
It leaves the ratio out of 13 dps 1:3. It is no wonder wowprogress is full of warriors, rogues, demon hunters and ret paladins that are looking for guilds to raid with.

Wowprogress is full of all kind of classes. A lot of guilds are disbanding as "veterans" are leaving because of the direction the game is going and officers/gms are quitting. And the crowd blizzard is trying to cater to is not really going to step up to such positions.

In addition to warriors, DH's and rogues being very overrepresented in the raiding scene. I just took mythic taloc as norm because he is neither melee nor range friendly and gives the biggest example size.
  • BM 31k parses
  • Havoc 28k
  • Affliction 25k
  • Arms 20k
  • Assasination 20k

So 3 out of the 5 most played specs are Melee. Closely followed by Balance, Frost and Retribution around 18k parses. Then all other specs starting with 9k going down.

I agree that the last 2 Bosses are pretty melee unfriendly and its obvious as to why most guilds bring ~5 for both, but its always been this way of having bossfights favouring melee and others favouring ranged.
It's just a lot easier to notice and a lot more frustrating if those favouring bosses are at the end of a raid.

There have been melee favouring fights like Mother and Zekvoz, but they were easy enough to a point where it didnt matter if you had more melees or not.
You can play mythrax with up to 6 melees which is a 1:1,1 ratio. Generally speaking melees are highly favored this expac. Dungeon groups will consist of 2 melees 1 tank 1 heal 1 ranged. And its even mandatory to at LEAST run 2 melees in m+ in some dungeons. In raids ranges have always been the bigger role due to mechanics having a range. Does that make melees bad? Naw theyre still highly favored in dps and acutal mechanics they have to play but its simply not more room to fit them around the boss.
You posted this a while back.

It was drivel then. It's drivel now.
I believe Mythrax just got nerfed. Orbs no longer target melee so now really it's just fetid (haven't looked at ghuun much but I don't recall hearing about limiting melee for it)
15/11/2018 13:24Posted by Guufi
I believe Mythrax just got nerfed. Orbs no longer target melee so now really it's just fetid (haven't looked at ghuun much but I don't recall hearing about limiting melee for it)

Waves make it hard for melee. Especially during last phase with cysts, boils and waves going on at the same time.