In Memory of Drums of War

Argent Dawn
It has been a while since, but perhaps better late than never? I initially dreaded the amount of footage I had (over 200 clips) that it was hard to get started, but the Drums of War campaign in the summer involved so many people on our server that I decided to archive parts of it in a video.

Sorry for the lack of Alliance coverage (shamefully few night elves especially given the location I know) + some of the battle groups; the footage was filmed whilst I was participating the events in-character. Still, hope you like it and that many of you spot yourselves in there somewhere!

1080p available
https://youtu.be/_k8kXrv4eOc

Thanks again to the organisers & Campaign contacts
*Sheds a tear for all the lives lost to lag and server crashes*

A fine campaign. Feels like forever!
I really enjoyed it. Bar from the horrible lag...and the server crash we caused. Still it was a great lead into Battle for Azeroth.
If you need a camera operator for alliance clips in future, I can try to record some and send it your way?

Nice vid, very well done/made.
Thank you for this. Truly.
Amazing video like always! You really capture these campaigns and big events in general super well.
An ambitious event that went way too ambitious and yet not only it met all expectations, but also exceeded them.

Thank you AD! And thanks to the OP for the video. :)
oscar nomination inc
Thank you for the video!

I'm especially happy that you managed to edit in the wispwall (unless I'm senile and forgot that being a thing OOC as well), and the cuts from warbringers/cinematics to show how story progressed was neat as well!

Furthermore, you captured the last lineup - it was massive! And even if there were little Kaldorei/Alliance side shown, we were there in our full force.
Keep it up. Really good work.
well done. was awsome watching and I love the end :)
Cheers everyone, happy you like it! I appreciate all the comments.

I had forgot a couple of names under campaign contact thanks in the video description, they should all be there now, sorry!

12/11/2018 17:58Posted by Murkresh
If you need a camera operator for alliance clips in future, I can try to record some and send it your way?

Nice vid, very well done/made.

Thank you for the offer! Usually my plan to take footage comes spontaneously while attending and getting a feel of the event but I will certainly think about it! I got permission to blueshield for photoshooting purposes in an upcoming campaign and hopefully that’ll give me more time to cover the other side too when they’re not busy hitting me. We’ll see if I end up making a video of it, nonetheless I’ll keep this in mind :-)

12/11/2018 20:47Posted by Nerathion
I'm especially happy that you managed to edit in the wispwall (unless I'm senile and forgot that being a thing OOC as well), and the cuts from warbringers/cinematics to show how story progressed was neat as well!

Furthermore, you captured the last lineup - it was massive! And even if there were little Kaldorei/Alliance side shown, we were there in our full force.

Yep, it’s edited in! Happy you liked all these things Nera!
I know I'm basically shouting into an echo chamber here, but lagging asides this was a very enjoyable bit of RP. Saw a lot of good stuff from the Alliance guilds especially as Malthan. Great video!
This is amazing and it brought back some incredible memories thanks for posting it!!
Amazing as ever, Manata! Thank you!
Blending the clips with the in-game cinematics is a nice touch.

12/11/2018 17:23Posted by Manata
shamefully few night elves especially given the location I know

AD's Nelf RP community in general seems to have an aversion to RPPVP, for some reason.
That looked awesome! Glad I spot myself in there getting punched in the face by a Highmountain Tauren!
I still regret not taking part in it sooner as Toso.
I've seen my dragonhawk ! *waves enthusiastically*

It's a very cool clip, thank you for having made it!
Amazing!! Thank you so much for this, this brings back so many good memories!