Key not rerolling?

Dungeons & Raids
I don't really know how to put this so I can't really search either so apologies if this has been mentioned.

Last week I got a 10 motherlode, finished the dungeon but not on time and was given a 9 motherlode. Didn't bother doing that one. Opened this weeks chest and I've been given a 9 motherlode again.

On my DH alt I did a TD 4 last night, completed it but not on time. Got given a TD 3 key, completed it but not on time. Was given a TD 2 key...

Am I just being unlucky or has something changed? It was my understanding that you get the same key but -1 on it if you fail to compelte the dungeon but if you do complete it even if not on time you would get a random reroll for a new key 1 level lower.

Am I just being unlucky or is this a thing now?
EDIT:

Thanks for the feedback in this matter. We have now updated the article with some more up-to-date information!

The keystone that you receive from the Challenger's Cache, is random and of lower level than your max Mythic+ the previous week!
25/10/2018 09:47Posted by Vossprey
Hey Pwnerer,

If your group does not manage to beat the dungeon timer, then the downgraded keystone will always be for the same dungeon. Check this article [url="https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/000121072"]here[/url].

The keystone that you receive from the Challenger's Cache, is random and of lower level than your max Mythic+ the previous week!

This is not true.
Hm that seems weird, is this yet another unannounced change then?

In Legion, finishing a dungeon would reroll the key (higher level if in time, lower level otherwise). It might give you the same dungeon occasionally because of RNG, but not all the time as that article states.
25/10/2018 09:47Posted by Vossprey
Hey Pwnerer,

If your group does not manage to beat the dungeon timer, then the downgraded keystone will always be for the same dungeon. Check this article [url="https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/000121072"]here[/url].

Is this a new change? It didn't work this way. Finishing key out of the timer limit used to award random key one level below the finished one.
Uh no, we depleted AD10 (don't ask, "situations" happened) yesterday and got FH9. It's the same still. OP was unlucky with the RNG and Vossprey was unlucky when trusting whoever wrote that article :p
Cheers gents thanks for the clarification. It just happened so many times in a row that I was starting to wonder if they'd changed it.
Can confirm this is not the case. Did SoB 10(not in time), got FH 9.
If you start a dungeon, let’s say 10 ML and you don’t finish it(group falls apart or whatever reason) you will get -1 key of the same dungeon (ML 9). If you finish it, but not in time, it will be -1 random dungeon. Yes, you can have good/bad luck to get same dungeon over and over. But I must say that it’s working as intended.
As long as you finish the dungeon. in time or not you will be given a random new key. either lower or higher.

If you decide to not finish the dungeon you will get a new key of the same dungeon but 1 lower.