Night Elf Craft - share your love

General
Fellow night elves, it's been hard for us recently, we've virtually been wiped out, suffering our 2nd genocide. But a few us remain. And lest despair consume us all and we drown in hopelessness, negativity and resignation, I want you to share all the things you love about night elves.

It might cheer you up and maybe even give you some hope. I'll start with a detailed share on the things i love and have shared and I'll post on a relevant toon that reflects the area in question.

Remember the point is to give hope and inspire. Here is a link to a topic that reflected what i felt most magical about night elves.
A Plea to Blizz for Night Elves-Don't just leave them there
https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17622653035?page=1
What I love About the Night elf Priesthood sections:
I like how distinctive this part is:

1. They are primarily female, but not just that, they expand from religious aspects to martial aspects too. The whole female warrior vibe, the sentinels, the wardens, the huntresses it's like a whole society all on its own.

2. Love that they view the true wow god as a goddess, and associated with the moon, this is also quite unique. Has such a night mystical feel.

3. Love that it reflects their night culture too, making it unique amongst priesthood. I love that blizzard didn't say.. "oh., high elves are great priests, and humans too, draenei too, so we won't make night elves priests" - night elves have a huge priest culture in their collective. But it is quite unique to the other priest orders, both in theme, organisation and parts. It has a priestly part that is also unique because of it's night nature, arcane influence and singular god focus, but also has other parts - entire organizations that play a large role in the night elves like the senitnels and wardens, huntresses are all from the priesthood. Also unique.

4. Love that it reflets their heavy arcane influence and origin - the priests call down the stars and moon, a lot Elune's damage spells are arcane - reflecting the heavy arcane influence of this race born from the arcane and connected to an arcane well. It also is unique about the priest side of their priest order. No other priest order has the arcane influencing in this manner, but it shows it is tailored made for the race. And I like that blizzard does thiswithout just make it bog standard like other priesthoods. It is not that because another race does priest therefore night elves don't do priests, but it is how they do priests, its different from church of the light focus of the humans, naaru focus of the draenei, discipline focus of the high/blood elves, shadow focus of the void elf/forsaken.

5. Loved that their priest side from as early as WotA trilogy had a link to pain and shadow, i.e. the void, the void is now being expanded a lot, but night elves supposedly have an entire half of the priesthood focusing on shadow, and is where the disciplinary action side happened.
Love how they ride cats as mounts, when I saw this I loved it. Humans rode horses, but night elves rode cats..it was soo cool. They had a feline feel to them,cat grace like movements wotA paints their warriors to walk with, and it matched the strong female theme.

6. Loved how the female theme was strong, but not overwhelming, you never get the feeling the females are better or stronger than the males or more important, but they feel empowered, fine as leaders - it is such a picture of equality that works in gender segregation and sexual dimorphism because both genders are amazing yet distincty unique roles. I love this interpretation. It was also cool that more of the females were melee/martial and more of the males casters because inevitably if the priesthood order was excusively female up to the end of the long vigil, then males would only have arcane magic and/or druidsm to fall back to, so those orders would have a higher percentage of males than they would females. The demon hunters showed males could also be super badass and cool at melee too. But it was a nice switch that made sense in the context of the lore, not imposed because of SJW causes or the political climate currently, but was already there and part of the night elf set up, and it actually makes wow and night elves quite cool

7. Loved the glow of the silver eyes, the night elven arcana showed itself through silver glowing eyes, while the skin was purple also because of the arcane. We see arcane water purification processes the priests undertakes gives the silver glow to arcane waters reflecting the moonlight. It is such a beautiful looking touch. I love the colour scheme of the night elves - it makes their look, both model and architecture quite unique, this is why i was so delighted to see a proper nigiht elf pristine city like Suramar, Darnassus did not show enough nor did it match the descriptions, and while I was at first finding purple a bit odd as a choice for skin - never seen purple used in fantasy.. usually the dark elves were black dark, and forest elves were green . But the night elf is unique, fusion of dark elf and forest elf. It's arcane roots yielding the purple skin, and they made it beautiful in the artwork and box set covers.

8. Loved that in the priestesses you found both beauty and grit, serenity and ferocity too, beautiful garments but also battle gear.

Thoroughly unique.

What I want to see more of from this priest section:
1. The cool majestic priest like operation i read about it WotA - how they operated within night elf civilization. NElf civilization was on pause during the long vigil. That is also ended, arcane wielding has also returned, they already built 1 city, and now 1 has been unlocked from the pre-sundering era, it's only a matter of time they get another proper one - i want to see how the night elf priest side operates in night elf civilization, expanding on what we read in WotA. We've seen how the martial aspects work - wardens. sentinels, huntreses, but very little on the core of the priesthood. I wanna see more

2. Want to see what the Cathedral of Eternal NIght (aka ToS) is like fully operational, and what a lot of the stuff we saw in CoEN and ToS sections actually mean to the Elune religion, i would like to see much more of how it works and what it plays out as. Just like how i loved a pristine night elf city in Suramar, i also loved the temple. It was cool,unique, full of night elven themes, very different to say the draenei netherlight temple/Auchindouin, or the human Cathedrals and Abbeys. It's moon lit halls, wisps, star-light, moonlight arcane energies whirling, the decor art style - so glad they showed this, would love this to become them to repair.

3. More of Elune. Dark side of the moon and also understand more of the light side, her light is silver, not the usual golden light of the light humanoids can produce, so night elf priestesses (and i hope nightborne too) can wield both. Also a little bit more of what ELune is, not everything, i think she should always have mystery, and if they reveal a key part, it should also create more questions than it answers. ToS showed a glimpse of how the priestesses worship, i'd like to see more of that culture, and how it looks in the order. It's still a mystery, while we understand the sentinel and warden bits a little more.

4. Return of the badass sentinels and huntresses of WC3 and greater emphasis on the female warrior bit. THe thing about emphasis, is that the female warrior priests are a huge part of the night elves but don't feel that way because the druids got a lot of focus, so blizzard just need cycle between the druids, the female priests and the arcane wielding night elves/demon hunters for focus. Rather than just one and leave them there for 6 years at a time not updated.

5. The sentinels need to have their edge from wc3 return too, they need to feel awesome and cool again, not like they're damsels in distress all the time and need humans to save them, humans to tell them how things are done, they should be taking leading roles and come of cool about it. EVen times when the arcane sections and nature sections are emphasized, throw in a few priests/sentinels/huntresses/wardens so you know they aren't forgotten.

6. Blizzard described night elves as shadowy from the beginning, this may have not registered because they had such a good side etoo, like full of light (moonlight), but they were also shadowy, just not evil. Would love to see explore more of the shadowy side, the dark side of the moon part, with more on the pain mistresses that used void magic in the order of Elune in the pre-sundering era. Elune is thought to be like both void and light and maintaining a cosmic balance - not sure how true this is, but it feels like somethingonly a true god would be able to do and fits the balance theme of the night elves. Being night based may have had nothing to do with the void, but as it is the dark essence, it ks ot surprising night elves have some connection to it or discovered a good way to use it without being evil, i woud love to see if this will connect to the void elves, who i feel can also connect to the arcane wielders amongst the night elves and the demon hunters too, a priestly tie could cement a friendship between void elves and night elves that mirrors that of the Belf/Nightborne friendship.

7. Wardens and the Unseen Path: You would think these had nothing to do with the darnassians if you didn't play WC3, or missed Maiev in shadowmoon valley in TBC. While it was cool for WoD to show another Warden, they were as rare sightings as the demon hunters, and such a cool part of the whole night elf set up. Was lovely to see more of them in Legion, a lot more, but i want to see more too, they really are the night elven rogue identity but a very unique one, they are rogue scout/hunter/police - there is some cross over with hunters who also scout and report intelligennce, but it is different, the wardens is more like military police and dangerous targets, the huntresses during the vigil would be generally patrolling through the forests, hunting down intruders from the rest of kalimdor. And see the rest of the warden group.

I would like to see what role the wardens and hunters of the unseen path play now in the darnassian night elves after the legion has now been defeated, what becomes of them? I use to think the night elves would split into two groups with the broken isle lot and the kalimdor lot, but with the kalimdor lot mostly killed in the genocide, they return to be largely an ancient lot, most over 10k years as it is most of the highly skilled ones that survived, and the ones in the broken isles, like the dreamers, the moonguard, nightborne, farondis, wardens, they seem part of the original lot.
Arcane and Mage Love
https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17624512891?page=3#post-42

What I like about the Night Elven Arcane Sections

1. I love night elves were set as the first race to properly study magic, and that they are born and made from the arcane. It gives them a core magical origin and sets their primary affinity in the arcane, Love how their story tells about their highs and lows, their successes and struggles with the arcane, and love how they finally solve this is in 7.0

2. I love that blizzard showed night elves are the greatest wielders of magic amongst the azeroth born races, and set them up as the race that achieved the most, i like that they also caused their night elven arcane expertise to survive in the nightborne, shen'dralar and moonguard so it isn't lost, and that the main darnassian night elf group are able to recover it from them after a 10,000 year gap.

3. I like how unique the night elf arcana is. It's night based, and it has its own lore separate from the human and high elf kirin'tor and magic lore we see WC2, WC3 and wow. I love this. Night elf arcana in both lore and display is so unique. It really goes into the star and moon wielding, unlike the human/high elf frost and blood elf fire focuses.

4. I also like how the civilization is built by a fusion of arcane and nature being wielded. THis what builds Suramar that you see, Zin'Azshari in warbringers, Vash'jir, Eldre'thalas - and i like how it has its own unique architecture too - different to Silvermoon or Dalaran or Stormwind. Suramar, Eldre'thalas, Zin'Azshari - they all have uniqiue architecture reflecint the vast culture that built them, and they are all NIGHT. Colours are silver from the moon and stars, blues, purples and pinks with star and moon symbols and motifs - it is so distinctive and unique, all their own, and great too. I like that blizzard gives each race its own unique version even when they are connected (e.g. high elves are from night elves, humans learn from high elves and build dalaran with them - yet Suramar is very different from Silvermoon which is very different from Dalaran)

5. I like how they emphasized the arcane parts in the night elves both all over their pre-sundering world and their long vigil period, as well as the hidden night elven arcane communities in Suramar and Eldre'thalas. In the long vigil, arcane wielding for spells was banned, but a core part of their mission was to guard the arcane well that was the centre of their lives. It was a nice twist that they were filled with this power, had it there , but wouldn't use it for spells to prevent the demons. It gave a proper explanation for how their nature wielding powers could develop to such extraoridnary heights - at the end of the long vigil, we now have night elves having reached the pinnacle of both arcane and nature magic - reflecting their fusion of the dark elf and forest elf they are created to be.

6. I like how they connected the high elves to the night elves too, rather than completely dissociate them, they tied them in, causing them to be from the most elite night elf arcane wielding group - which neatly explains why they are "high" in this universe (in Tolkein's they are high because of their enlightenment from visiting Valar) in wow, all night elves are enlightened via their creation as elves from dark trolls, elevated by the arcane well, so it is already different, our high elves are high because they come from the elite highborne group.

7. I also like how good the story of the highborne is and I love that they get to survive amongst the night elves and get redeemed. I love that the shen'dralar are uncorrupted, that the FArondis show night elven highborne as honourable and noteworthy so you can understand how highborne though their own culture can operate with the darnassian kaldorei because they like them have a nobility and goodness to them. I like how also Thalyssra's nightborne rebel group get redeemed too, even though they have joined the horde, at least her rebel group learnt the same sort of humility the rest of the night elves (priest and nature, as well as the arcane shen'dralar have).

8. I like that the night elf highborne community is growing with new talented recruits. It was always cool to have an elite group of people talented with the arcane. However Azshara's approach to it caused division and envy, now in the new post vigil era, the shen'dralar pick the most talented at the arcane, but its fine now because the arcane is not the be all and end all, if you're not talented with the arcane, you could be talented with nature, or have a calling with Elune or become a great hunter or warrior, even demon hunter - you're no longer forever lesser under new kaldorei post vigil society if you don't study arcane (like pre-sundering times) or if you do study and are brilliant at it (like under long vigil times when it was banned.

9. I found it cool, that all night elves learnt magic, even as children WotA trilogy tells and Suramar in legion later shows. This is a very magical society. The highborne were Azshara's elite magic users, but they weren't the only ones. THe night elvs had many magical orders, but the highborne were caste, and you could find highborne in the moonguard, in the academies, in the temple mage orders, and highborne ofc could join the priesthood although they gave up claims to their nobility, or rather, such held no meaning.

10. Love how they got so advance at this, only night elves wield astral and spellstorm damage - it is so cool, and would love to see more instances of this been wielded, not just limited to balance druids, nighthold nightborne or moonguard or Tyrande.. please.

What I would love to see for the arcane:

1. Darnassian highborne and arcane casters proven to be as powerful and strong, gifted in the arcane as we saw the legion night elf groups like the nightborne, moonguard and farondis. I know for some this might not be necessary, but cataclysm shows new night elven novices humiliated so it makes them look like they're rubbish, and it never really shows the shen'dralar do anything great. BUt then it showed every night elf group in a terrible light - sentinels were awful, druids were weak,

2. Would love to see the arcane wielders and nature wielders work together to build more cities - either the best ever night elf city, or restore one of the old ones. I don't want them sharing in stormwind or gilneas city -those are for humans, and i certainly don't want them in trees as that will enforce the stereo type that they are all druids and forest elves rather than night elves having arcane and priestly parts. I wouldn't mind if they lived in Suramar though, cos at least that is night elven based.

3. Would love to see Moonguard develop and be as badass as we shown in Suramar too, I'd love some nightborne to defect to the kaldorei - especially Thalyssra's group because i think they fit better with the kaldorei, however if they don't, i'd love blizzard to show the fullness of the night elven arcane expertise wielded in the darnassian group's mage community. So it is tied in to and recognised as also part of the player group, not just neutral groups or the horde nightborne group.

4. Would love the Well of Eternity or a new well to play a greater roll again.

5. Prominence. More prominence and presence of the highborne group in night elf operations - one of the key motivations that catalysed the lifting of the ban was because the power of the arcane was needed- i like that, nature was developed to a great level during the long vigil, but it was not enough by itself and the way the nightmare could so easily corrupt and just take out the power of druidsm from the equation would leave the night elves very vulnerable if that is all they had for magic, and i also liked that ONLY-arcane state of the night elves around the first invasion, while powerful was actually quite unhealthy (as the nightborne withering showed) and led to the dire events (crazy and arrogant enough to deal with the legion). So both by themselves alone is just part of the picture. Together however, should be something incredible - i'd like to see that. This means more activity and useful roles for the arcane wielders.

6 I've like to see them shown as powerful and skilled as the lore says they should be, like we saw how powerful the nightborne and moonguard casters are, this is the level the shen'dralar are roughly at, and the night elves are super talented at the arcane, should be seeing them playing roles that can run circles around other casters too, whether other elves or humans. We saw night elves humiliated as casters by blood elves in Cataclysm Azshara zone, what better way to emphatically show they are right up there by pitting them up against horde aligned nightborne and blood elves and see some spell storm astral and arcane wielding wonder grant them some victories.

7. Love the variation and diversity the arcane brings. Loved the Well of eternitiy and moonwells, it had such a cosmic star feel to it, but also love how it is different from the nature and priestly parts too. The arcane communitiy is its own civilziation too, just like the priests have their casters, healers, fighters, - the arcane night elf community has its own set up, i would love to see more of this and how it was. Suramar gave us an insight, but it wasn't the pure version. Suramar is set up in the pre-sundering post addiction era of the arcane culture, around the time of the first invasion of the legion, not the period before when night elves hadn't got all addicted and arrogant. This purer version of the arcane community is what i would like to see.

8. Want to see how the arcane role will develop within the group, would blizzard form another night elf sub-race arcane wielding gorup, would they annex some of the nightborne? would they make it like the druids and priests are, its own sub-culture segregated group but part of the whole?

9. I want to see a detailed restoring of esteem too, the legion is defeated, arcane addiction cured, no need for night elves to be even hesitant abou the arcane, what will this look like? I know the strong pirest and druidic traditoins now ensure the arcane will never dominate again, but also the natural love and affinity for the arcane means that there are night elves who will be intesnely into it - but should now have the balance to cope with it. The last time night elves had the 3 aspects, arcane, nature and divine on equal footing they went on to grew to fill the world with wonder and magic. Now 12k years later, they hindsight of the past, and a level of arcane and nature mastery that dwarves that whih they had at the start. They won't have a world wide empire ever agai, but whatever section or portion they have could be incredibly amazing in all 3 parts.l

10. ALso the arcane groups have all undergone the humility lesson and balance lesson, that is like the night elven durids and priest, this makes them gel well, so i'd like to see the redeeemed version of he night elven arcane showing, what this looks, i think farondidis was a good example of what an arcane wielding night elf is like, fits the whole night elven theme too and good. The nightborne are an exmaple of the night elf arcana when it was at its ugliest, out of hand, excessive, abusive, and very arrogant.. but notice how Thalyssra undergoes a similar process to the kalorei, she and her rebels get humbled because of the withering process and because they chose to stand against the legion - just like her kin had to undergo when they continued to fight against Azshara while the nightborne chose to sstop and shield up, the rebel kaldorei learnt humility after the humbling process of the destruction of their world and losing the well even though it was brief.Thalyssra's lot now complete the process the nightborne started but avoided by shielding up, learning humility through humbling and balance too rom Farodin, that the other night elves head learnt, and other groups later on like the Shen'dralar were forced tolearn when they fled dire maul (their humbling) and joinned up with thekaldorei (their appreciation and acceptance of balance).

THis I have never thought would mean the arcane civilziation erasing the druid cultur eor the priest culture, no, i have always thought is that we would have all 3 of them oeperating together, in concert, in the cities we would see and experience the arcane culture, as well as have highborne ccomunities aoutsliede in areas like Azsuna, in the temples we would see the priest communities and culture operate and they would be both in the city serving all night elves in the highborne lands and the druid lands serving both, and in the great forest like val'sharah we would see the druid cultures , they would have their own towns too, probably in shaldarssil or near its bse, but have little dweligs all ove rthe place like we see.

WE would have all 3, and i'd lvoe to see this and what it would look like and how it would play out with the nelves, especially compare to others. They've ben so crap for so long in wow, it would be nice if they turn into the exact opposite , at least for the next 16 years of wow.
WHat I love about the Druids and Nature Aspect.

1. I love that they actually created a story for it, and they gave the long vigil period the time for it to grow. The otherwise very arcane night elves, are actually shown how they become great at nature too. Having to spend 10,000 years without using your birthright and magic you are best at and linked too. I love how Cenarius played a part before the arcane dominated the society, it gave a link to build on, showed and demonstrated that these arcane elves had a great love and respect for nature and peace too, and this went back to their days as dark trolls.

2. Love how unique the druid aspect is, who would have thought changing into different animals was so involved, allowed you to keep your sanity and mind but completely enhanced physically by the attributes of the animal. And they could fly, fly. THe idea of a bear was cool in warcraft 3, at a time a night elf male was a mystery :), but the idea of a cat as well, showed it was not just a one animal thing, that was also cool, the druids gave the night elves a wild edge, whereas the priests gave them a dangerous edge, their arcane heritage and history gives them the magical edge that continues in the caster parts of the priests and druids tooo

3. Furthermore loved how each animal actually changed your role - this was also very unique, it gave switching forms a very special and origina application in the genre.

4. Loved how balance druids, the heart of druidsm, had that arcane children of the stars influence, calling down moon and stars like the priests and the mages do. Totally unique - no where else has this, and i was glad this was the flagship of the elven druid order - the balance druid toolkit makes it unique from other games and franchises druids, and as we now seeing from the Zandalari and the Drustvar, it is distinctly elven.

5. Loved how the druids seemed a complete community too, they have their casters (balance druids), their fighters (cats), tanks (bears), healers too, like the priest community and the mage community they are like a sub-culture all their own. The night elves could be 3 different races, but i like that they are one and each of the nature, arcane and priest aspects have such distinction in them

6. Love how the arcane influenes the druids too, they are not just nature wielders,but they reflect the arcane origin and influence of the race, unlike most games' druids and lore, the night elves have star and moon magic, arcane and astral spell storm - reflecting how advnace this race is and amidst great nature mastery, it is completely intertwined with the arcane.

7. Love how the druids, don't hate the arcane either, they are wise enough during the long vigil to not use the well of eternity for spells (great story plot to help develop their nature side) as this would bring back the legion, but they use the arcane properties of the well of eternity itself without wielding it for spells that would draw the demons. They do this because they know arcane ehances life, the night elves are born from the arcane, they know it works well and boosts everything, they built an entire civilization from it, and it was good, - many people think the night elves hated the arcane, but the druids prove they do not at all, but that they understand it very well. These people used arcane then discovered excessive use had created an addiction they needed to be weaned off, but to make matters worse using their Well via spells drew the evil legion to their world.

They cut out use for spells, but were still smart enough to make the most use of having the Well it self, and used it to enhance nature, boosting plant and animal life and repairing damage. It is quite clever and again demonstrates that night elves aren't forest elves, but something more.

8. I love the wonder of the magical forest. Not just a normal forest, but one full of magic and upheld by it, talking and walking trees were introduced here (although we later find they were around during the pre-sundering era hand in hand with the arcane), but they are unique to the night elven set, and it distinguishes them from other nature cultures in the trolls or shamanistic tauren. They're are distinctly magical. You have flowers that move and talk too, all kinds of animals - i love the night elves ride cats too, i mean it is soo cool. Makes the forest feel alive, and the trees and the night elves have been working together through their existence, they were there in the pre-sundering era and supplied the druidic magic to build those cities and cultivate the great forests back in that era, and they were there throughout the long vigil.

9. Also love that the druids can talk to animals and forest spirits too. Love the addition of the Children of Cenarius, proper night elven based friends of nature. The night elves are arcane in essence, but the children of Cenarius are forest elf kind proper, i love that they are half night elven instead of human, that was genius touch. So much in fantasy is human orientated, doing something like this stood out to me.

10. Love the concept of a world tree too, druids creating a GIANT tree, connecting the earth to the heavens, and nourishing the world - just wow, each world tree had a purpose, Nordrassil the first masked the world from the legion in the nether, serving as a balancing effect to the arcane well of eternity and in turn completely nourished by it showing once again to anyone who would notice, that arcane and nature aren't opposites, they work hand in hand and the night elves because of the long vigil era discovered the value and importance of balance and this is how eventually Farodin is able to achieve the valewalkers objective of curing night elf kind arcane addiction by a tree of arcane and nature fusion. Shaladrassil was the second world tree, and it served to bridge the power of the Emerald dream to the world. Teldrassil was probably the first achieved without the aid of the dragons or Cenarius and it was built because Nordrassil's power was drained by the legion's attack and Fandral felt a new tree was needed for the world and that it was to mark a new era of return for the night elves, restore their immortality and be a primary source of nature fluorishing for the races.

11. I love night elf druid homes. Yes I love how Val'sharah presented them, and darnassus showed us a couple of interesting buildings. I love the sophisticated moon and star embroidered interwoven with nature marble buildings we see in Suramar, Darnassus, Zin'Azshari etc, i love those too, but i also love tht the night elf village buildings have these quaint little wooden cottages, part of trees, and wood versions of the marble versions we saw in many ruins, but with variation. I love how complete the night elf set is, they have a high civilization version, they have a temple version and they have a nature version - that ties in with the 3 cores of their race. it is astounding.

12. I love the heights the nigiht elves reached with nature. Just like i loved that they were so good with the arcane, i love that they were great with nature too. WC3 tells us they covered the whole Kalimdor continent in mists, they suppressed the use of arcane magic which would cause the legion to find us, across the continent (the high elves' bana'dore ethil rune stones masked theirs, the shend'ralar highborne's pylons masked there and the night elves of SUramar were under a shield that nothing could go out or peer in), they also guided the evolution of the natural world with the green dragon flights ...just WOW, this is was even a higher achievement than the sophisticated mastery of arcane magic that could reach the stars, at least just as impressive

13.Loved that they worked with demi-gods and WIld gods - beings that no one else and could experience, the druids worked with them - it was such a cooll touch.

WHat I Would Love to See for the druids

As you notice the what i love section of the druids is the largest of the 3, that is because it already shows most of what i want to see, of all the aspects, the druid one is most visible in the darnassian group. So I would add.

1. Want to also see fierce druids, like Thaon the cat druid in Val'sharah, aggressive, badass, with a wild edge a nice contrast from the usual peace loving tree hugger type. Cat and bear druids should reflect the nature of these animals

2. Want to see balance druids , astral form druids, moonkin druids play significant roles too, this is the heart of druidsm, i want to see them showing them in action, show it playing more of a role in npc druids, like Naralax fighting with you shifting into astral form with starsurges etc, rather than just seeing this in mission table quests. It is nice that priests, druids and mages from the night elves all wield and call down stars, moon - with arcane, astral and spellstorm damage.

3. No more druids losing to horde rogues in forests, especially night elven forests, they are lords of the forests, to do so in cat form too, in the novel and WoT was not cool blizz, even if it were younger druids.

4. More druid talking with animals and interacting. A lot of hunter abilities are taken from druid aspects for class balance purpses, which is fine, but in the story, we can at least see druids not only growing trees, but calling animals to rise up and help, soothe them, use them as eyes and ears, speak to the forest spirits and whisps, not just malfurion stormrage, don't leave that out

5. Malfurion while the most powerful and special druid, should not be the only one we see amazing druidic stuff in combat. Now i have loved some of the stuff he has been written to do in War of the ancients trilogy, Stormrage and War of Thorns. But there are a lot of things there that we can see other druids also do, i did not like how druids didn't seem to get the better against skilled horde rogues unless it was Malfurion. It makes them look weak

6. More resto druids showing up. Yes the tree druids do a lotof that, but if some of them are night elves, wanna see them shift to night elf form, then shift back to tree form, so we can at least know that some of the trees are night elves and it's not just bear and cat druids involved.

7. And more balance druids involved, not just bear and cat druids. i love to see more moon, star, sun spells, more talking to animals and utilizing them, more waking up trees and treants, more wisp calling - not just hey i'm a bear- swipe, swipe and that's it.ng quests from them too.
FOUND HERE https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17624512891?page=3#post-43
The OG druids! :>
Demon Hunter Love

Here I share my love
https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17624512891?page=3#post-44

What I Love About the Demon Hunting Aspects

1. It gave the night elves a dark side that seemed evil, but actually wasn't really - and I love how they portrayed this. Illidan as an anti-hero, fighting fire with fire, it was a suitable way night elves could be bad.

2.. i.e. not actually genuinely evil, but gave them a definite bad boy edgy feel to them.

3. I love that the question of the loyalty of the demon hunters and whether they are on our side or not has actually been answered and didn't draw on forever. Just like i Iike that the arcane addiction problem came to an end, and wasn't a constant feature for the elven groups And I also like that the nature of the arcane and the night elves relation to it was fully clarified.. because people thought it was evil and bad, but the signs showed differently. it was evil yet they were using it as moonwells and protecting the well? it wasn't htat straightforward.

4. I also liked the story of Illidan and the demon hunters, it was nice to see a more morally grey side, it was nice that it was definitely the exception not the rule, and i like how they handed it, Illidan was not evil, but could certainly look that way, enough for an intelligent group like the night elves to have missed.

5. I love that again it was a night elven group that is first to master fel magic usage. And does so without going evil.

6. Love the character of the demon hunters, they are as noble as the most noble druids, mages or priests - because of how they give everything including allow their bodies to be so corrupted and scarred to gain the power needed. Elves love beauty, getting marred like that means something. Night elves also hate corruption when they're in their right minds, and to actually use corruption like that - not for self interests, I thought really fit the character of th enight elves who are shown to be willing to give up rebuilding their civilization or even using arcane magic during the long vigil period, who devote themselves to prosperity, beauty and advancement during the pre-sundering period.

7.I love that the night elves are so dedicated and extreme in what they do, whether it is arcane master, nature mastery, or using the fel - each section has shown to go to extraordinary legths.... when something becomes problematic or dangerous to use, they don't hesitate to drop it or find a way to make it work. Love it.

8. Just love how highly skilled and powered the demon hunters are, they really show they are at the zenith of magical and melee expertise, whether fel, arcane and fighting with any weapons - any means necessary.

What I would Love To See for the Demon Hunters.
1. Love to see demon hunters admired in kaldorei society - it should be weird relationship - because fel is still highly corrupting and dangerous, yet these guys have managed to overcome that and live at the razor edge to save their people and their world.

This sshould draw both admiration, and respect, butstill have a gap between DHs and normal night elves. Their presence should make people uncomfortable, but they would still draw a bunch of male recruits in particular who have simlsar lost to great evil like th elegion or the horde to want to emulate their heroism.

I would love to see demon hunters aid the darnassian night elves a lot more, EVen have a working relationship with the ir former warden captors that is both amicavle but also difficult given what happened
2. I would love to see Malfurion and Tyrande suck it for getting Illidan wwrong, and imprisoning him for the wrong reasons, also apologise concerning it

3. Would love to see the effects of Illidan being right about the Legion, right to have wanted the nigh telves to trai up in their power, right about not being a traitor, right about everything he said concerning the legion to be acknowledged.. and see how it breaks down every remaining resentment and to see remorse from them for their role in the wrong doing.

Now some may disagree with my point of view on this, that is acceptable, Illidan wasn't completely innocent and some of his actions in TBC in particular were 100% wrong, but it was our villainizing, in particular the darnassian kaldorei villanising him that directly led to many of these, actions that might not have happened. It is the Kayn vs Altruis argument really.
Restoration Druid love
Nourishing power of nature. I share my love.
It's already wednesday? Cmon dude, just stop your wednesday threads.
nobody likes night elfs
So why is this response on a blood elf toon?
  • Well, nothing like the race that hates the night elves the most to say something nice about them.
  • Also a friendly reminder that just cos one has a max level toon in a race, doesn't mean they love them or want great things for them.
  • They may:
    1. like am a little,
    2. find them the only nice looking or
    3. The only bearable option on the opposite faction
    4. they are either merely curious about or
    5. Or spying on the other side .
  • They could just love the racials and care not one bit
  • . .
Not everyone who posts on a night elf toon actually likes them or is interested in them being amazing

But it's always easy to see if you notice these things:
  • They will criticise most things that you like or you suggest about and for night elves. But do not be deterred my friends

• They will try to make it sound like the lore shows that night elves have no right to these things and you shouldn't desire them or want them
  • They will come at me for posting about nightnelves even though they have posted tons about the things they love and the forum is flooded with all sorts of topics

You hope you will see that:
  • That some people don't like any idea unless it is theirs
  • Some people thrive on tearing down anything positive
  • Some people just love criticising, they come on forums just to do so.
  • Some love being negative

I say these things to warn you in advance, because I have seen them before, especially from a core group of blood elf posters about 4-5 of them that hint optimists ad dreamers on the forum that are partial to alliance elves to assassinate their hopes and crush their desires.

Not everyone who has multiple toons across both factions is like this, most are not actually and just enjoy the experience, but it is worth singling out those I have observed that are like the above.

They will want to make this about what they want. I've noticed often it is an agenda against -night elf arcana. Do not take the red herring this post is about all aspects of night elves, not just about their insecurities of night elf arcana, if hat is what you love, do not be deterred. If you love the sentinels and priests, go for it, share your love. This topic is about night elf love to give hope for the future.

I will use this toon to call them out. So when I post with this guys, it may not be friendly towards them.
31/10/2018 09:03Posted by Shandyr
It's already wednesday? Cmon dude, just stop your wednesday threads.

Shandy has been known to stalk my threads recently, she doesn't read what I say in them. Just assumes one thing and posts in quick response to that.

She has made up her mind that what i have to say isn't valid, so even if I praise all the things she likes she will be suspicious and criticise it.

Here is a classic example. Did she post about things she loves about night elves? No, just came to criticise me making a thread, I wonder how many she has made. How she is contributing to enhancing the community, or making insightful observations and comments, or just a slew of negativity and criticism.

The topic is about night elf love.., did that matter even though she is posting on a night elf toon?
Every day we stray further from god.
I like how four out the five posts are him making massive walls of text no one is probably gonna read, we get it man, you got a fetish for night elves.
31/10/2018 09:43Posted by Leymaiden
Every day we stray further from god.

Goddess to us and yes, we have been naughty haven't we. We should be reminded. Nightborne Priestess of the moon revival, anyone?
Okay, here are some really cool things Malfurion posted about Tyrande that I would love to see shown in game and through other night elf priestess Npcs

29/10/2018 13:28Posted by Mälfurion
29/10/2018 10:24Posted by Beliarh

Why? I've read War of the Ancients, played WC3 RoC & TFT, all WoW expansions (with some longer break in MoP). And i did not remeber anything "super OP" in Tyrande.

I will add that she is one of few, characters from Alliance that i respect.

Allow me to educate you and all the ''Story'' forum dwellers !
Tyrande has been this OP since the creation of the Night Elves, the main issue is people on this section of the forums like to type a lot without any education or lore knowledge. The things you see in game in 8.1 are not new Tyrande has done that before if not more in the novels. She is OP yes, but she badly written in game.

WOTA- Tyrande cleanses fel corruption while no other healer can,she also gave blessings to the troops that allowed them to survive massive physical and magical attacks. For example a massive infernal meteor hit her, her armor resisted and she was not killed only lightly injured.
-Tyrande's faith allowed her to block Archimonde and Azshara from harming her physically by creating an impenetrable shield. When they starve her for weeks in order to weaken her shield, she is fully nourished and sustained by Elune.
-She unleashed the light of Elune to fully mask the escape of the HighBorne from azshara's palace, not only that but she called upon moonbeans to kill the demons in their path.( I am not talking about 1 or 2 demons lol)
-During the final battle with the demons near the well, she holds off the portals that are pouring thousands of demons(not an exaggeration) on her own while Malfurion destroys the well.

WC3: she is referred to as the most powerful Night Elf hero alongside Malfurion.
-She destroyed an army of undead scourge alone using Starfall !
-She survived against 4 armies with just a few sentinels until Illidan reached her.

Vanilla WOW- Tyrande cleanses Eranikus the Tyrant of the dream from Old God corruption.

Stormrage Novel : -Tyrande can receive visions and flashes from Elune that can help her coordinate her tactics.
-She has trained in many martial arts during the long vigil as well as learned to use many new schools of magic.
-The old God's corruption was unable to infect her, in truth while she was in the nightmare the corruption receded.
-While powerful characters like Thrall,Sylvanas, and Jaina suffered from the Nightmare Tyrande was immune to it.
-Tyrande destroyed Emeris of the Green dragonflight by simply calling upon tendrils of the Moon Goddess.
-Tyrande protected keeper Remulos from death and kept him nourished in cocoon of light.
-In the final battle Tyrande battles an army of Satyrs, the Army was so massive that they overrun all of Azshara, the entire land was filled with these satyrs, Tyrande calls upon Elune and she is joined by the spirits of the deceased High Priestesss of old like Dejanna and Haidenne ! together they slay thousands of Satyrs buying time for Malfurion to cast a thunderstorm on all of Azeroth to destroy the Nightmare.

And this

29/10/2018 13:28Posted by Mälfurion
29/10/2018 10:24Posted by Beliarh

Why? I've read War of the Ancients, played WC3 RoC & TFT, all WoW expansions (with some longer break in MoP). And i did not remeber anything "super OP" in Tyrande.

I will add that she is one of few, characters from Alliance that i respect.

Allow me to educate you and all the ''Story'' forum dwellers !
Tyrande has been this OP since the creation of the Night Elves, the main issue is people on this section of the forums like to type a lot without any education or lore knowledge. The things you see in game in 8.1 are not new Tyrande has done that before if not more in the novels. She is OP yes, but she badly written in game.

WOTA- Tyrande cleanses fel corruption while no other healer can,she also gave blessings to the troops that allowed them to survive massive physical and magical attacks. For example a massive infernal meteor hit her, her armor resisted and she was not killed only lightly injured.
-Tyrande's faith allowed her to block Archimonde and Azshara from harming her physically by creating an impenetrable shield. When they starve her for weeks in order to weaken her shield, she is fully nourished and sustained by Elune.
-She unleashed the light of Elune to fully mask the escape of the HighBorne from azshara's palace, not only that but she called upon moonbeans to kill the demons in their path.( I am not talking about 1 or 2 demons lol)
-During the final battle with the demons near the well, she holds off the portals that are pouring thousands of demons(not an exaggeration) on her own while Malfurion destroys the well.

WC3: she is referred to as the most powerful Night Elf hero alongside Malfurion.
-She destroyed an army of undead scourge alone using Starfall !
-She survived against 4 armies with just a few sentinels until Illidan reached her.

Vanilla WOW- Tyrande cleanses Eranikus the Tyrant of the dream from Old God corruption.

Stormrage Novel : -Tyrande can receive visions and flashes from Elune that can help her coordinate her tactics.
-She has trained in many martial arts during the long vigil as well as learned to use many new schools of magic.
-The old God's corruption was unable to infect her, in truth while she was in the nightmare the corruption receded.
-While powerful characters like Thrall,Sylvanas, and Jaina suffered from the Nightmare Tyrande was immune to it.
-Tyrande destroyed Emeris of the Green dragonflight by simply calling upon tendrils of the Moon Goddess.
-Tyrande protected keeper Remulos from death and kept him nourished in cocoon of light.
-In the final battle Tyrande battles an army of Satyrs, the Army was so massive that they overrun all of Azshara, the entire land was filled with these satyrs, Tyrande calls upon Elune and she is joined by the spirits of the deceased High Priestesss of old like Dejanna and Haidenne ! together they slay thousands of Satyrs buying time for Malfurion to cast a thunderstorm on all of Azeroth to destroy the Nightmare.

29/10/2018 13:34Posted by Mälfurion
Wolfheart : Tyrande is directly responsible for the peace between the Worgen/Humans
-She receives visions warning her about Hellscream's assault on ashenvale
-She single handily blinds all of the Horde during the battle of Ashenvale and destroys their siege weapons and Goblin machinery.
-She survives even after getting shot with multiple arrows imbued with deadly toxins brought from around Azeroth..

There are many other examples i can give you from the novels, so please stop posting things like she should not be this OP lol, it took Blizzard 15+ years to show Tyrande properly like the Novels. There is a reason Tyrande Malfurion are not present during BC, WOTLK and other events, that reasons is that they are OP, it is not a subjective opinion, it is a lore fact. One shotting a Valkyr is not something special for Tyrande.

Pretty cool huh. Shame we don't see this stuff from them in game.

31/10/2018 10:07Posted by Minjié
I like how four out the five posts are him making massive walls of text no one is probably gonna read, we get it man, you got a fetish for night elves.

It's an expression of love, not a fetish, it's about night elves, not trolls, Nelves don't deal in fetishes.
31/10/2018 10:07Posted by Minjié

He agrees with himself on different posting characters frequently.
STAWP IT!

A couple more of those threads and I factionchange Troll Female, I swear it, mark my words!
31/10/2018 12:20Posted by Tánariá
You lie!
31/10/2018 12:42Posted by Shandyr
31/10/2018 12:20Posted by Tánariá
You lie!
She have right. Tánariá lie!
31/10/2018 09:05Posted by Edgyjojomeme
nobody likes night elfs

Speak for yourself Nightborne witch !