Congrats on all the whining

General
02/11/2018 08:14Posted by Lant
Well.... you finally did it. All the moaning about legendary’s being unfair and too rng. All the moaning about tier sets being unfair to m+ and too rng. You finally bullied blizz into making the game one of the dullest expansions ever. Partly what made legion interesting is replayability.. going back to an instance on different difficulties in the hope for that 2/4set bonus, or there’s always the hope of that legendary. It kept people logging on. Now I’ve cleared to my level... only heroic and 1st few mythic bosses and I’m bored... there’s no more gear I really want and I’m not going back to do bosses every week just for the sake of it so I’ll unsub until next tier and maybe come back for a couple of months then to see if anything has changed.
Don’t get me wrong I have played wow for 11 years at varying levels and have enjoyed some expansions more than others, this is the 1st though where I have been bored this early. Sign of today I guess where if you whine and !@#$% enough you get the generic dross that’s the same as everyone else rather than those that put in more effort actually being able to excel and stand out.

Peace out

BS
Nice to see a well thought out reasoned argument :D

BS
02/11/2018 08:34Posted by Tsjoh
Legendaries were great. Blizz only made the mistake to let them drop by RNG. With a currency + vendor everything would have been solved.
Exactly. In stead of actually changing the RNG they changed the whole "has a meaningful effect on your gameplay" thing that I think people actually liked. I loved them. I didn't even mind the RNG because you actually had tier sets and stats had a tangible effect on your healing so it wasn't 100% based on your legendary the way it's based on Azerite now.
02/11/2018 08:30Posted by Sárádá
People who hate Legion legendaries are idiots. Legendaries were the best part of legion, the only problem with them was the way you acquired them. They just had to add legendaries vendor at the beginning of legion and not wait until expansion is over.
Absolutely.
02/11/2018 08:25Posted by Sentwin
Why on earth would you say you miss lengendaries? Honestly... It was the worst RNG system ever.

Still better than Azerite gear..
Problem boils down to: RNG versus non-RNG options

Situation is that both in Legion and now in BfA RNG factor (Titanforge, socrets, 3rd stats) is too large and is NOT balanced by non-RNG options (professions, reputation, currency - Valor, ...)

Here is something I wrote almost 2 years ago when RNG overload started:
https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17614414967
Thank you, thank you! Legion legendary system was the worst thing to happen to WoW. So much character power locked behind ridiculously bad and unfair RNG, combined with hidden behind-the-scenes systems that lowered your chances to oblivion after getting a certain amount of legendary items. And it wasn't just raw output increase, most legendaries altered or changed the way your class behaves and how you play it. With some of them being a mere stat sticks while others were god tear absolute must have items that "fixed" your class gameplay. The difference in not only performance but also gameplay between a character with 2 bis legendaries and another of the same spec with useless legendaries was so damn huge that it was actually sad.
02/11/2018 09:33Posted by Goreeth
Thank you, thank you! Legion legendary system was the worst thing to happen to WoW. So much character power locked behind ridiculously bad and unfair RNG, combined with hidden behind-the-scenes systems that lowered your chances to oblivion after getting a certain amount of legendary items. And it wasn't just raw output increase, most legendaries altered or changed the way your class behaves and how you play it. With some of them being a mere stat sticks while others were god tear absolute must have items that "fixed" your class gameplay. The difference in not only performance but also gameplay between a character with 2 bis legendaries and another of the same spec with useless legendaries was so damn huge that it was actually sad.

Finally someone gets it...
The problem with set pieces were not the set pieces. It was the legendaries + 4 set pieces + artifact = 50% of gearslots are taken (forgetting for the moment trinkets). People received too many loot in slots they were not able to change anyway.
02/11/2018 09:35Posted by Sentwin
02/11/2018 09:33Posted by Goreeth

Finally someone gets it...

As I said.. repeatedly... there were balance issues however, how is RNG unfair when everyone has exactly the same chance to get the piece?

RNG has been a part of the game forever, if you want the exact piece of loot you need from every boss to drop every single time you're playing the wrong game, and would only play it until you've cleared then you're done.. unless you make it back to 1 level of difficulty that takes months to clear again which I also have no problem with.
People who hate Legion legendaries are idiots. Legendaries were the best part of legion, the only problem with them was the way you acquired them. They just had to add legendaries vendor at the beginning of legion and not wait until expansion is over.

Legendary vendors.....yeah that doesn't sound so legendary, to buy the best item in game.
02/11/2018 09:58Posted by Flace

Legendary vendors.....yeah that doesn't sound so legendary, to buy the best item in game.

Well, the alternative is getting them from treasure chests or daily emissaries.

One of the biggest problems was that in the first 'half year' you were not able to get more than 4. And you actually better leveled a new char of the same class (leveling was super fast early legion), when you did not get a good one in your first 2.
02/11/2018 09:00Posted by Xakura

Don’t get me wrong I have played wow for 11 years at varying levels and have

"Yet i'm still gonna hide behind a level 1 avatar."

That is so you can't check his armoury (level 1s don't show) and account achievements to show that he hasn't played for that 11 years at all.
I loved Legendaries.
And I had to wait for quite a while to even get my first one to drop. But they were designed very well. Yeah the delivery system was lacking, but to me that didn't matter much. Just had to be patient and keep at it.
02/11/2018 10:08Posted by Dommina
02/11/2018 09:00Posted by Xakura

"Yet i'm still gonna hide behind a level 1 avatar."

That is so you can't check his armoury (level 1s don't show) and account achievements to show that he hasn't played for that 11 years at all.

And just to show that people don't bother reading all the posts... here is me.. this one was my main in legion.. or would you like me to post on my vanilla hunter?
02/11/2018 09:42Posted by Deathmyth

As I said.. repeatedly... there were balance issues however, how is RNG unfair when everyone has exactly the same chance to get the piece?

RNG has been a part of the game forever, if you want the exact piece of loot you need from every boss to drop every single time you're playing the wrong game, and would only play it until you've cleared then you're done.. unless you make it back to 1 level of difficulty that takes months to clear again which I also have no problem with.

Calling the disparity in power between between stat-stick legendaries and bis legendaries "balancing issues" is a severe understatement. It wasn't just balancing issues, it was a ridiculous fundamental power difference.

Yes, RNG has always been part of the game, as it should be, but here's where you're wrong. Yes, everyone had the same chance to get A legendary. Do you understand? A legendary, not a useful one, just A legendary. Combine that with the fact that someone can get their best legendary by killing a mob in the world, or from a WQ, and then someone else playing the entire expansion with stat-stick ones. So this is how RNG was unfair for this particular system. The legendaries, with all their might and glory and difference in performance and sheer amount of power some of them gave and the change to how your character behaved and how you played, should have never been locked behind that horrendous RNG, and on top of that we even had the hidden cap.

So to conclude it, RNG is fine, very powerful items are fun and fine, the combination of both is NOT fun, NOT fine and should NEVER be in the game.
Well.... you finally did it. All the moaning about legendary’s being unfair and too rng. All the moaning about tier sets being unfair to m+ and too rng. You finally bullied blizz into making the game one of the dullest expansions ever. Partly what made legion interesting is replayability.. going back to an instance on different difficulties in the hope for that 2/4set bonus, or there’s always the hope of that legendary. It kept people logging on. Now I’ve cleared to my level... only heroic and 1st few mythic bosses and I’m bored... there’s no more gear I really want and I’m not going back to do bosses every week just for the sake of it so I’ll unsub until next tier and maybe come back for a couple of months then to see if anything has changed.
Don’t get me wrong I have played wow for 11 years at varying levels and have enjoyed some expansions more than others, this is the 1st though where I have been bored this early. Sign of today I guess where if you whine and !@#$% enough you get the generic dross that’s the same as everyone else rather than those that put in more effort actually being able to excel and stand out.

Peace out

you have very low expectation at MMorpg/entertainement then if legendary system was fun and kept you playing.

older expansions up to wotlk are still played by hundred thousands of people on various pserver and its still playable and they dont have any legendary rng crap.

because they are mmorpg where the social aspect is at first place.

you can do whatever with wow if you dont fix social aspect nothing will make it l good again
02/11/2018 10:12Posted by Goreeth
02/11/2018 09:42Posted by Deathmyth

Calling the disparity in power between between stat-stick legendaries and bis legendaries "balancing issues" is a severe understatement. It wasn't just balancing issues, it was a ridiculous fundamental power difference.

Yes, RNG has always been part of the game, as it should be, but here's where you're wrong. Yes, everyone had the same chance to get A legendary. Do you understand? A legendary, not a useful one, just A legendary. Combine that with the fact that someone can get their best legendary by killing a mob in the world, or from a WQ, and then someone else playing the entire expansion with stat-stick ones. So this is how RNG was unfair for this particular system. The legendaries, with all their might and glory and difference in performance and sheer amount of power some of them gave and the change to how your character behaved and how you played, should have never been locked behind that horrendous RNG, and on top of that we even had the hidden cap.

So to conclude it, RNG is fine, very powerful items are fun and fine, the combination of both is NOT fun, NOT fine and should NEVER be in the game.

Ah capitals to show that you are right and that is it! lol...

"Yes, everyone had the same chance to get A legendary. Do you understand? A legendary, not a useful one, just A legendary."

Yes I understand.. that's what made it fair... everyone has that exact same chance.. if someone was playing the entire expansion with the same legendary then they played for approx. 20 minutes per week.

"NOT fine , NOT fun" just show's to me someone that probably logged on to raid a couple of times per week, didn't bother with WQ's or actually trying to farm them and got unlucky and is bitter about it.
Legendaries should have stayed, but with the system they introduced at the end of legion where you could also buy them. Everything was so much more rewarding when you could get a legendary from anything. Just my opinion
Azerite system could be great too. The idea for it, i guess, was kinda to make new type of armor sets which you can control. But at some point Blizz just failed to make it properly. They just put in boring, rng, crap traits and that's it.
02/11/2018 09:36Posted by Tsjoh
The problem with set pieces were not the set pieces. It was the legendaries + 4 set pieces + artifact = 50% of gearslots are taken (forgetting for the moment trinkets). People received too many loot in slots they were not able to change anyway.

This is my reading as well. Tier worked well throughout WoW's history, but locking two extra slots as well as tier was too much. With the removal of Legendaries, tier could have gone back to what it was.

However, again, I really think they were more entranced by the potential of an Azerite system that could be endlessly tuned than trying to avoid locking slots.

Azerite wasn't intended to be a retreat from the position they took in Legion; it was intended to be a new model of flexibility.