Dungeon Deserters for Pug Groups

General
Everyone hates Pug groups due to toxic players who lead players to leave after one wipe. Most players understand that leaving a group is a gamble and doesn't gurentee you'll enter a better group. Not allowing people to "wipe and learn," is just another hinderence to the social aspect of the game (Something old school players will understand.) This is also a major issue within Keystone Dungens. For example, I entered a +4 Shrine group where we made it "with no flaws or deaths" to the second to last boss, we wiped a 5% remaining, the tank became toxic and left???

Bringing the Dungeon Deserters buff to pug groups would atleast make an indivisual think before they leave.

There are also other method that may work to resolve this, for example... If group creators could see how many times a player has abandend a group prior to inviting them, would help create more successful groups. The abandend strikes can also reset every month to give the deserters a chance to clean up thier act....

What's your thoughts and suggestions?
I recommend you to watch this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIYgSt73U50
Debuff can stay for deserters. It needs to go for ppl that got kicked.
The cure is and has always been worse than the disease.
02/11/2018 10:52Posted by Sárádá
I recommend you to watch this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIYgSt73U50
Preach make a good point... thanks for your reply!
14/11/2018 15:24Posted by Taurnimator
02/11/2018 10:52Posted by Sárádá
Preach make a good point... thanks for your reply!

You didn't understand what Preach said then.

He's not advocating, in any way or form for punishment against these people. He's low-key telling you some very meanie things...to "git gud".

I said it before, Preach was too positive with his video (because he has to earn money, after all), so his points came across as what the lowbies desired when, in fact, it was exactly the opposite.

He's telling Blizzard to stop catering to casuals, stop giving free loot and for people to learn how to play the game and not expect (this goes to your point), amongst other things, people not leave the groups filled with people who don't know anything.

I can't bear doing any +10 on my alts because people are just so braindead. People come into a +10 with a +7-8 done before and don't know anything about the fights, nothing, nada, 0, null. Take for example, my AD run from yesterday on my alt:

First boss, almost everyone got feared, second boss - they didn't kill totems at the right time twice, making me miss my interrupts on the boss as a tank, third boss, twice they didn't pick up the pool and let's not talk about focusing the add, after she got healed, I just right clicked, left the group.

I made the right choice. Why would I stay in a group that has no respect for my time and why are you advocating punishing people who were disrespected by people who have no remorse and act on greed and destroy keys?

Maybe because you, too, act out of greed?
02/11/2018 13:49Posted by Oer
Debuff can stay for deserters. It needs to go for ppl that got kicked.
The cure is and has always been worse than the disease.

Which would just result in people not leaving but not doing anything either. Wanting to be kicked.
02/11/2018 10:48Posted by Taurnimator
Most players understand that leaving a group is a gamble and doesn't gurentee you'll enter a better group. Not allowing people to "wipe and learn,"

The thing is m+ is not the place you should have learn the dungeon , it's a race against the timer... You should learn the dungeon first then enter mythic + . I really hate this current free loot system of the game. Don't misunderstand it , i won't blame you for it . Real problem here is people are passing heroic and mythic dungeon lvl with world quests and passing +2/+5 lvl with warfronts and timewalking. Where is the learning curve? People passing +360 ilvl while they should be 310 ilvl doing heroics
14/11/2018 18:03Posted by Sateass
People passing +360 ilvl while they should be 310 ilvl doing heroics

exaggerating much? you'd need months of usable quest -4mythics/TW/warfront) rewards and 5-6 +30ilvl TF items from wq to reach 360+ on "free loot" alone

i have 8 chars and i have never -excluding azerite- gotten a 340+ from world quests
people passing 360+ because they do uldir and 4s not because it's raining gear
14/11/2018 18:41Posted by Elcowerino
14/11/2018 18:03Posted by Sateass
People passing +360 ilvl while they should be 310 ilvl doing heroics

exaggerating much? you'd need months of usable quest -4mythics/TW/warfront) rewards and 5-6 +30ilvl TF items from wq to reach 360+ on "free loot" alone

i have 8 chars and i have never -excluding azerite- gotten a 340+ from world quests
people passing 360+ because they do uldir and 4s not because it's raining gear

My alt is 359 ilvl just by doing wq's and warfront what are you talking about?
nah
14/11/2018 18:45Posted by Sateass

"i get many TF therefore everyone gets many TF"
flawless
14/11/2018 20:09Posted by Elcowerino
14/11/2018 18:45Posted by Sateass

flawless

I got 1-2 warforged nothing else. Stop ignoring the fact every 1-2 week you are getting free 370 gear quest either from tw or warfront. Don't forgot that world bosses drops +355 and warfront world boss drops 370 and yes gear is raining from everywhere... Actually you should consider yourself unlucky if you are spending more than 3 weeks to reach that ilvl.
<---- 352 iL and only been in a couple of normal 5 mins to help mates finish questlines.

Level smarter not harder.
oh is it storytime now? may i butt in with my story ? pls look at me i want your attention......
nah srsly look at this. absolutely not deserved gear lvl : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEMec0LSWLs&feature=youtu.be

enjoy
<span class="truncated">...</span> Preach make a good point... thanks for your reply!

I can't bear doing any +10 on my alts because people are just so braindead. People come into a +10 with a +7-8 done before and don't know anything about the fights, nothing, nada, 0, null. Take for example, my AD run from yesterday on my alt:

First boss, almost everyone got feared, second boss - they didn't kill totems at the right time twice, making me miss my interrupts on the boss as a tank, third boss, twice they didn't pick up the pool and let's not talk about focusing the add, after she got healed, I just right clicked, left the group.

That's just human factor that some people won't know what to do every now and then. People are sick of waiting a long time to form a group and then having it disbanded because some 'hardcore raider' leaves after the first wipe.

In LFG if you disconnect you better be lucky not to get kicked out because they won't wait just 1 minute before they kick.

The community is garbage, been playing since TBC and my experience has always been that it's the 'hardcore' players with astronomical gear scores that are the most whiny most toxic players.
WoW is only hard, because the players are toxic.

Last week my kez started at +8.
Shattered down to 4. Didn't even bothered to get a group. So no chest this time.
ALL of the keys broken becase a player ragequit the group.

Yeah...there are scenarios, where it is obvious that the group wont make it.
I left a lovely Underrot group because BEFORE the firts boss, the group already had 30+ death...
Yeah... getting a desserter for that is a bit extreme.

On the other hand, lets say, theres like 2% chance that it won't be a +3 key, and a member just "gg ez l0z3rs" /leave

I still think some better incentive should be good.
I wrote a topic about a metawarfront system.

The game should focus much much more on cooperation, economy and community teamwork.

This expension has every tool to do it, yet it won't happen:

Just make the game revolve around Warfronts.
I would make it a 20v20 PvP scenario, where AFK-ing is sabotaging.
I was thinking really hard but pve pov is hard to make a fair system, I'll get back to this later.

So the point is, if the faction controlls a territory, their faction NPC will be tougher.
Faction patrols would pop up, so it is easier for the winner/harder for the losing side to gather matrerials in the zone.

And here comes the contribution system. Currently it gives 500 ap... WoW... thats boring.
Contribution should buff the relevant part of the npc-s. The contribution should buff the base stat of the warfront npc-s. The more people contribute the better npcs zou get in warfront.
So you want to play the open world - > that makes warfront npc harder -> that gives you controll of the territory -> that makes contribution easier

Lets add another layer:
pvp is easy. War mode on, and you gank the farmers, while other pvp-ers fight against the ganker.

But this is still nothing more than a warfront minigame in a giant MMO.
So lets add some unique vendors.
In the meantime unique materials that would come from dungeons, raid, bg, arena, battle pet
would give a unique contribution item to the warfront map again.

From raid you could summon the wolrd boss, that shouldnt be a zergfest anymore. It should be as scary as the Fel Reaver was.

Do you have mark of honor?
Contribute it and summon elite patrols.

Arena badges?
Contribute them for headhunters that searching directly for enemy players.

What does this have to do with deserters?
Dungeons are a quick way to get something.
Open the chest, and you get some nice contribution item.

The game elements are not connected and that is the problem.
You can ragequit a dungon. Who cares? Above +10 its only a speedrunrace, since the rewards are capped.
Same with raid...
The game isnt connected.

Each instance type are paralell to each other. They are in the same world, but there are zero connection between them.
Going from a guild raid to Island Expedition is the same as I would log out and start playing starcraft.

And in an MMO RPG this is just an awful design...
14/11/2018 20:26Posted by Sateass
14/11/2018 20:09Posted by Elcowerino

flawless

I got 1-2 warforged nothing else. Stop ignoring the fact every 1-2 week you are getting free 370 gear quest either from tw or warfront. Don't forgot that world bosses drops +355 and warfront world boss drops 370 and yes gear is raining from everywhere... Actually you should consider yourself unlucky if you are spending more than 3 weeks to reach that ilvl.

we are talking about items with a base ilvl of 320-325-330-340
and you only got 1-2 warforged to reach 359?
i don't forget about world bosses, you go and assume again that everyone gets loot out of them, and even if they do, IS IT USABLE?

tw quest gear is 355, the 4 mythics quest which gives 370 is on the longest rotation, almost two months, will it be usable?
warfront cycle is like 20 days, 3 days to hand in stuff, 7 days to queue, repeat, will it be usable?
i've never been able to reach 350+ in two-three weeks without going through the 340-350 normal uldir pug hell, guess i'm unlucky (8 times) then

"level smarter"
as if doing all the available content each week and getting lucky enough to get tf or the best upgrades possible requires some kind of skill
oh gawd
14/11/2018 21:05Posted by Kraivanah
WoW... thats boring.

and you are right about that one... blizzard has taken the lazy way out on many things, not only the warfronts.....
14/11/2018 21:13Posted by Elcowerino
14/11/2018 20:26Posted by Sateass

we are talking about items with a base ilvl of 320-325-330-340
and you only got 1-2 warforged to reach 359?
i don't forget about world bosses, you go and assume again that everyone gets loot out of them, and even if they do, IS IT USABLE?

tw quest gear is 355, the 4 mythics quest which gives 370 is on the longest rotation, almost two months, will it be usable?
warfront cycle is like 20 days, 3 days to hand in stuff, 7 days to queue, repeat, will it be usable?
i've never been able to reach 350+ in two-three weeks without going through the 340-350 normal uldir pug hell, guess i'm unlucky (8 times) then

"level smarter"
as if doing all the available content each week and getting lucky enough to get tf or the best upgrades possible requires some kind of skill
oh gawd

-Just spam the warfront guaranteed +340 gear azerite + weapons included ( for each time you que) and 370 gear. (by just spamming it and considering you wont get warforge and tf you got up to +330 without getting trinkets and replacing those trinkets with something like 330 makes you go up to 340)
- Every 2.5 week you are getting 370 from warfront quest. Warfront cycle is nowhere close to 2 month.
-Every month you are getting timewalking event.
-Every time your faction gets arathi you got a world boss drops heroic uldir lvl gear.
-Once you pass like 345 you get 355 azerite gear from emissary.
-You are getting free ilvl's each week from neck by neck azerite nerfs (%30 ish nerf each week)
-And you got something called lfr for your missing trinkets.

Btw what do you mean by usable? Did you ever heard something called choosing loot spec? If you aren't meaning that you are already passing +350 by doing those don't expect bis items for free. Btw forgot to say you can literally get a full 355 set from doing random bg's including weapons and azerite with just conquest capping (atm you can spam to get full set without having weekly conquest cd) . I said it before and saying it again loot is raining from everywhere.