Dungeon Deserters for Pug Groups

General
14/11/2018 21:13Posted by Elcowerino
i've never been able to reach 350+ in two-three weeks without going through the 340-350 normal uldir pug hell, guess i'm unlucky (8 times) then
get into a raiding guild, or open your own guild
14/11/2018 21:13Posted by Elcowerino
i've never been able to reach 350+ in two-three weeks without going through the 340-350 normal uldir pug hell, guess i'm unlucky (8 times) then

No you are not unlucky , you just don't know how to gear up efficiently.

14/11/2018 20:30Posted by Dommina
<---- 352 iL and only been in a couple of normal 5 mins to help mates finish questlines.

Level smarter not harder.
what you made out of this is that i need "advice" on how to gear up "efficiently"?
your head can't grasp that you can kill world bosses for two months without a single loot? can it? it's all so convenient for you it seems!
or getting a 370 head from warfront and then another 370 head from mythic quest and then 355 head from TW quest, that's what i mean by items being USABLE

now don't go and spill all the high caliber "efficient gearing" secrets on me, make it a youtube video and make some money too
lmao
02/11/2018 10:48Posted by Taurnimator
What's your thoughts and suggestions?

No, some random pug groups are just so bad you just want to run out of there ASAP. I have no problem pointing out if someone is missing a mechanic, but when you find yourself in with clueless, or worse still the holy priest who only uses smite, then you just gotta go.
Hello!

PuGs are not randomly match-made, but contain only the people that the group leader has chosen to invite to the group. The PuG leader is solely responsible for the presence of each member of the group or raid.

Due to the above FACTS, I counter propose that the group leader get a debuff whenever their group falls apart without completing the content. This debuff is punishment for inviting random idiots to your group based solely on ilvl or raider.io score.

"But, Hùshì!" I hear you exclaim "these are the only metrics I have to decide who to invite!".

There are things called guilds, communities, known acquaintances and friends. Within these overlapping subgroups of the player base there can be found literally thousands of reliable, decent people who are running content.

One thing that I really struggle to understand is, given the sheer number of groups you PuGgers run with, and the huge number of people you have in your groups, does it never occur to you to get to know some of the people and form a circle of friends or acquaintances that you can rely on? Or is it simply that they're all just disposable bodies to you - only good for a one-time use, after which you throw them in the rubbish?
14/11/2018 18:03Posted by Sateass
02/11/2018 10:48Posted by Taurnimator
Most players understand that leaving a group is a gamble and doesn't gurentee you'll enter a better group. Not allowing people to "wipe and learn,"

The thing is m+ is not the place you should have learn the dungeon , it's a race against the timer... You should learn the dungeon first then enter mythic + . I really hate this current free loot system of the game. Don't misunderstand it , i won't blame you for it . Real problem here is people are passing heroic and mythic dungeon lvl with world quests and passing +2/+5 lvl with warfronts and timewalking. Where is the learning curve? People passing +360 ilvl while they should be 310 ilvl doing heroics

/bow and /respect for both of you.
I haven't done SoS and ToS M+ because I know I haven't mastered the necessary skill for those. They will eventually but first I'm focused on getting +4 Freehold and +4 underrot. The problem is ofc sometimes I f**k up a pull or two, but these DPS wandering the instance full reckoning, pulling random, not interrupting, 'message move away from the others' and a rogue Nelf stuck on my bottom I can't shake him off and both wipe, Focussing a mob not targeted by me... I mean... click on me and click on my focus? and i'm losing aggro and I've got to chase it all the way, losing aggro on the others... the problem with DPS today is they think they're invincible... They're not. Nor am I. Nor is the healer. The boss in underrot will charge a random player... if they're all in one spot against a wall the boss will charge the wall and less bugs... but no... nobody listens that idiot wearing plate... all sparse around the cave... yeah!!! Wipe!!! tank noob!!!
14/11/2018 22:34Posted by Elcowerino
what you made out of this is that i need "advice" on how to gear up "efficiently"?
your head can't grasp that you can kill world bosses for two months without a single loot? can it? it's all so convenient for you it seems!
or getting a 370 head from warfront and then another 370 head from mythic quest and then 355 head from TW quest, that's what i mean by items being USABLE

now don't go and spill all the high caliber "efficient gearing" secrets on me, make it a youtube video and make some money too
lmao

And now you just said you are unlucky. Btw just told you like 2 messages before you can obtain a full 355 set ( weapons and azerite included) from just spamming random bg's without having to wait weekly conquest cooldown anymore.
You are asking advise and i'm giving you advise with every comment i did , but you are not listening any of it and just raging.
15/11/2018 13:35Posted by Sateass

You are asking advise and i'm giving you advise with every comment i did , but you are not listening any of it and just raging.

you are delusional, i never asked for advice to gear up nor i ever implied that i don't have my own ways to gear up fast, this was never about me
all i said was
"exaggerating much? you'd need months of usable quest -4mythics/TW/warfront) rewards and 5-6 +30ilvl TF items from wq to reach 360+ on "free loot" alone"
is playing pvp all day free loot? just be quiet bad samaritans
15/11/2018 13:43Posted by Elcowerino
15/11/2018 13:35Posted by Sateass

you are delusional, i never asked for advice to gear up nor i ever implied that i don't have my own ways to gear up fast, this was never about me
all i said was
"exaggerating much? you'd need months of usable quest -4mythics/TW/warfront) rewards and 5-6 +30ilvl TF items from wq to reach 360+ on "free loot" alone"
is playing pvp all day free loot? just be quiet bad samaritans

Random bg's are free loot. You are still raging and people literally coming this topic and saying they reached x ilvl without doing anything. You don't need months of usable quests or anything like that. Reaching +360 is completely joke atm. All you need is trinkets. Just because you can't reach doesn't mean it's not possible and easy to reach.

14/11/2018 20:30Posted by Dommina
<---- 352 iL and only been in a couple of normal 5 mins to help mates finish questlines.

Level smarter not harder.

Random bg's are free loot.

i bet they are free for you, you afk "guarding" a base while watching netflix on the second screen? when you try to play objective and win and half the team just runs around like chickens how is it free loot?
i see them 100k total-damage-done-in-10mins "experts on gearing up" all the time.
pvp requires actual effort, unlike warfronts, arathi rares and world quests, it's not free.

that 352 with the 377 hoa (lmao) is not 360+, we were talking about 360+
on top of that she has two 7th legionnaire 370s, that's TWO WARFRONT CYCLES, what a gearing genious!!
you keep insisting that i "can't reach", i bet you wished for some rage! your attempts to troll me are weak and pathetic
14/11/2018 17:49Posted by Punyelf
02/11/2018 13:49Posted by Oer
Debuff can stay for deserters. It needs to go for ppl that got kicked.
The cure is and has always been worse than the disease.

Which would just result in people not leaving but not doing anything either. Wanting to be kicked.

It used to be exactly this way.
It used to be the case that tanks would join LFG 5mans for their daily heroic for the bonuses it gave, but if it was the 'wrong' random heroic. Aka one of the longer or harder dungeons, they'd simply refuse to pull. Refuse to do anything.
Heroics at that time was still reasonably challenging, so unless you vastly outgeared them doing them without a tank or healer was not really an option unless you got lucky and had a warlock or hunter in there who could tank a bit better with their pet.
They would simply hold the group hostage and demand to be kicked so that they could instantly re-queue instead of leaving and waiting for the debuff.
This is why it was changed in the first place.

15/11/2018 14:18Posted by Elcowerino
i bet they are free for you, you afk "guarding" a base while watching netflix on the second screen? when you try to play objective and win and half the team just runs around like chickens how is it free loot?
i see them 100k total-damage-done-in-10mins "experts on gearing up" all the time.
pvp requires actual effort, unlike warfronts, arathi rares and world quests, it's not free.

Sorry, but you running into Farm/Stables 10 times in a row and dying to the 2-3 guys there who's 'afk' guarding it isn't helping the team win more than the guys defending either.