There should be open Beta

Classic Discussion
Let the community participate actively on process of bringing back classic,
i am not referring to the demo, there needs to be an open beta.

Also i wouldn't mind if we are allowed to keep that character progress into the official release.
03/11/2018 09:10Posted by Vanhio

Also i wouldn't mind if we are allowed to keep that character progress into the official release.

Hahaha, this community being as toxic and narrow-minded as it is, to test the game just to complain everywhere they can instead of providing feedback based on facts and not ramblings.

Keep your character/progress after beta? Realm first level 60 within 10 seconds.. sounds like a brilliant plan.
03/11/2018 09:16Posted by Tonkey
Keep your character/progress after beta? Realm first level 60 within 10 seconds.. sounds like a brilliant plan.

World first level 60 was like 14 years ago ?
Then it was done on pirate servers ?
and there are million power level guides to google ?

There is not going to be a real race, not to mention those who play on pirate servers are going to have massive advantages over people who didn't.

Hahaha, this community being as toxic and narrow-minded as it is, to test the game just to complain everywhere they can instead of providing feedback based on facts and not ramblings.

incompleteness is to be expected in BETA, whiny persons can only raise the concern, which can be annoying yet useful.
03/11/2018 09:26Posted by Vanhio

World first level 60 was like 14 years ago ?
Then it was done on pirate servers ?
and there are million power level guides to google ?

There is not going to be a real race, not to mention those who play on pirate servers are going to have massive advantages over people who didn't.

incompleteness is to be expected in BETA, whiny persons can only raise the concern, which can be annoying yet useful.

Not a real race, yet something people would like to experience AS THAT WAS THE CLASSIC EXPERIENCE RIGHT?

Yeah it's annoying when people ramble away about things they have no idea about or base their opinion on an incomplete product (demo). A alpha/beta version is where you can give your feedback. Not demo-code that's probably SHIFT-DELETED after the event is over.
03/11/2018 09:39Posted by Tonkey
Not a real race, yet something people would like to experience AS THAT WAS THE CLASSIC EXPERIENCE RIGHT?

You don't understand, people have been dinging lvl 60 in pirate servers for several years now,also there is a world record of the fastest 1-60 vanilla ding.

It is no longer race for the world first, if there is any race it would be beating this record, which however nullifies the argument against my points.
03/11/2018 09:52Posted by Vanhio
03/11/2018 09:39Posted by Tonkey

You don't understand, people have been dinging lvl 60 in pirate servers for several years now,also there is a world record of the fastest 1-60 vanilla ding.

It is no longer race for the world first, if there is any race it would be beating this record, which however nullifies the argument against my points.

He brings up pirate servers, god people in these parts of the forums are all retarded.
No, ofcourse you wouldn't. lol XD
03/11/2018 10:20Posted by Shogath
No, ofcourse you wouldn't. lol XD

LOL XD
Actually, if my memory is correct (was very long ago)they did allow this in 2004.
The beta is only for the finishing points ie graphic updates and see what addons can be used another than that its finished.

I think a beta is a good idea aswell.
Keeping your progression tho? !@#$ no. Not even a chance.
03/11/2018 11:09Posted by Darkvveaver
Keeping your progression tho? !@#$ no. Not even a chance.

The reason why i suggested keeping progression is because i felt like i wouldn't feel eager to subscribe and participate in the process, if my progress will be in vain.

This doesn't mean that there are not going to be fresh starting servers at launch.
this community being as toxic and narrow-minded as it is

So expecting others to hold to their words and being angered by not doing this is toxic and narrow-minded?
this community being as toxic and narrow-minded as it is

Community: "We want Vanilla in our Vanilla"
Blizzard: "Vanilla means vanilla"
adds sharding
Community: Wtf!?!
Tonkey: "omG Community So narrow minded!"

Blizzdrone.
03/11/2018 13:34Posted by Kagemoth
Community: "We want Vanilla in our Vanilla"
Blizzard: "Vanilla means vanilla"
adds sharding
Community: Wtf!?!
Tonkey: "omG Community So narrow minded!"

Blizzdrone.

i initially thought if they had demo that means the game is ready, but the demo they have is more like demo of what progress they made so far rather than what i imagined.
What's a point for the Beta if devs ignore most of the feedback? Sure, they can fix some bugs "with a little help of our friends", but if Blizzard really decided something, they would not turn backwards. It has been the same for years...

Obviously Classic needs A LOT of testing. But i just feel that open Beta won't save the game from some stupid decisions.
03/11/2018 10:25Posted by Vanhio
Actually, if my memory is correct (was very long ago)they did allow this in 2004.

Your memory is off, by a mile.

They wiped player progress when the beta for the original game ended. When you started on launch day, you had to make a new character and level it up just like everyone who didn't play the beta. such has been the case with every expansion as well.

03/11/2018 12:49Posted by Vanhio
The reason why i suggested keeping progression is because i felt like i wouldn't feel eager to subscribe and participate in the process, if my progress will be in vain.

A beta means that you play to find bugs/potential bugs, then report said bugs you find along with any other feedback you have, to the developer. A beta is not to be played like a head-start.

If they do a beta though, i hope they ad an actual IQ test so people like you won't gain access to it.

You are mad. You didn't even start at level 1.
04/11/2018 10:33Posted by Geronîmoo
If they do a beta though, i hope they ad an actual IQ test so people like you won't gain access to it.

Actually in my lifetime experience i never seen intelligent persons accuse others of low IQ, it is usually done by average persons with real life issues.