Warcraft mobile game

Argent Dawn
https://www.wowhead.com/news=288504/more-mobile-titles-in-development-at-blizzard-entertainment

Who's looking forward to Warcraft 4 on Android and IOS? You all have phones, right?
Time to speculate what next Blizzcon will be like!
Microtransactions are the future!

For only $4.99, you can get access to take down Ragnaros in Molten Core Mobile(tm)!
The fact that they are considering expanding into mobile games for all their IPs is not something to joke about. Quite frankly, it's gotten to such a degree that lamenting and grieving would be more apt.

Mobile games are depressing. The fact that Blizzard are going to spend a considerable amount of time and resources when World of Warcraft for instance is lagging behind and is riddled with flaws is even more so.
The fact that they are considering expanding into mobile games for all their IPs is not something to joke about.

They already did it.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=288504/more-mobile-titles-in-development-at-blizzard-entertainment
08/11/2018 07:25Posted by Trakmar
The fact that they are considering expanding into mobile games for all their IPs is not something to joke about.

They already did it.

I phrased myself poorly. I know mobile titles are already in development, hence my frustration.
08/11/2018 07:17Posted by Trakmar
Microtransactions are the future!

For only $4.99, you can get access to take down Ragnaros in Molten Core Mobile(tm)!

All raiding will be mythic, if you want to unlock easier difficulties you must pay a premium. Alternatively you can buy a raid boost for $99.99 that comes with a random piece of loot from each boss.
Unlock more character slots for $49.99 each.
Allied races will be sold separately, want to play Naga? $15.99
Each quest rewards 250 experience, or you can buy exp boost potions for $4.99 for 1, $14.99 for 3 or $29.99 for 9!

(obviously this is a poor attempt at humour but the sad thing is, in the next couple of years this could be the business model of a warcraft game, perhaps even WoW itself.)
Power and money is corrupting, they're going Azhara on us
It’s not a format I care to invest time or money in.
I'm curious to see what they have planned though.
New contribution to Warfronts! Already done gold, Resource, Ammo and Potions? Have another AP boost for only £1.99!
Warfront slow and no trees spawning? Gain 20 Iron and Wood for only £2.99! Or 50 of each for the low price of £4.99!
Increase your Heart of Azeroth by £5.99 per level!

I pray I'm exaggerating.
08/11/2018 08:52Posted by Narazda
New contribution to Warfronts! Already done gold, Resource, Ammo and Potions? Have another AP boost for only £1.99!
Warfront slow and no trees spawning? Gain 20 Iron and Wood for only £2.99! Or 50 of each for the low price of £4.99!

I pray I'm exaggerating.

Don't worry, you're not exaggerating.

You're just making !@#$ up.
A market filled with people that will throw their money at any half assed """game""" without push back? I'm not surprised Blizzard are hopping on that gravy train now.
Let them.
As long as the PC versions don't suffer from it, it's fine for me.
I think a Warcrat 1 or 2 remake on mobile could be fun... But I hope thats about it...
Letting normies on the internet was really where everything started going wrong, phone games are just the latest aspect of this.

So glad I don't give blizzard money any more and just use tokens to play every now and then.
08/11/2018 09:04Posted by Antherian
08/11/2018 08:52Posted by Narazda

I pray I'm exaggerating.

Don't worry, you're not exaggerating.

You're just making !@#$ up.

That was kind of the point, but thanks for telling me the sky is blue and grass is green.
I'm going to do the reasonable thing as a consumer; boycott those mobile products. In the end, they only profit if their sales make up for the costs of actually making the product.
People do StarCraft memes about this. Could smartphones even stand 500-600 inputs per minute? If yes, how would that affect battery consumption? If no, how would that affect smartphone manufacturers? Would Razer adapt their phone to the circumstances?
dO yOu GuYs NoT hAvE pHoNeS?!
08/11/2018 12:16Posted by Jaggerhawk
I'm going to do the reasonable thing as a consumer; boycott those mobile products. In the end, they only profit if their sales make up for the costs of actually making the product.

Won't help.

The playerbase for mobile games is MASSIVE. A bunch of old-fashioned pc gamers boycotting them will mean absolutely nothing.

This is the 21th century. People are lazier than ever while corporations have more power than ever. If they want it to happen, it will happen.