Can't quit combat

General
I just spent about 15 boring minutes walking on the expedition island and killing crappy croks because I was not able leave combat and mount up from the very first fight.I guess I did some minor dmg to unknown yellow marked critter/mob, who didnt follow me so combat preserved forever.It happens often on BfA continents but this issue is even worse during IExp. as they are overpopulated by mobs everywhere and there is nowher to run and drop it.Blizzard should do something with distance limits or set some time limit when no damage is ongoing and then auto-quit combat.
Had the very same issues but accros all chars it only happened with a warlock.

Another bug to the list.
09/11/2018 22:28Posted by Nim

Another bug to the list.

this is probably true, If I remember well, it happned always when I played warlock.Some times I've realized that my pet-void taunted or damaged yellow critter a while ago somewhere and that caused the whole problem..
This bug is sadly not new to BfA.
I don't know why they can't just fix it though.
Its been years.
09/11/2018 22:36Posted by Kailea
09/11/2018 22:28Posted by Nim

Another bug to the list.

this is probably true, If I remember well, it happned always when I played warlock.Some times I've realized that my pet-void taunted or damaged yellow critter a while ago somewhere and that caused the whole problem..

Yeah.
Top of that I legit ran kazillion yards. Had to heart to get rid of it.

Ridiculous.
09/11/2018 22:40Posted by Moritz
Its been years.

Its been around since classic as far im aware, probably the oldest bug in the game.
10/11/2018 00:07Posted by Arokhantos
09/11/2018 22:40Posted by Moritz
Its been years.

Its been around since classic as far im aware, probably the oldest bug in the game.

so now it happened me again while I was playing priest ... the difference to past is that it persist thru half map and lasts like forever.
I think the issue is caused by new, more complex terrain in BfA and those yellow/neutral creatures, who stuck in terrain and thus dont follow you if you leave the place, so they never run back and "evade" like all hostile/red mobs do (what usually finishes combat mode)
10/11/2018 00:07Posted by Arokhantos

so now it happened me again while I was playing priest ... the difference to past is that it persist thru half map and lasts like forever.

I think the issue is caused by new, more complex terrain in BfA and those small, yellow/neutral creatures, who stuck in terrain and thus don't follow you if you leave the place, so they never run back and "evade" like all bigger or hostile/red mobs do (what usually finishes combat mode)