So overwhelmed!

New/Returning Player Questions & Guides
I have been playing this game for ~20 days and this is the first time I am so overwhelmed by it. I would apreciate any help.

So I just hit lvl 110 with my rogue. Right now I am in Dalaran and soooooo many quest-questlines have popped up for me, I don't know where to begin. I have completed Azsuna and Stormheim questlines, became friendly with the class hall alliance so the Assault on Broken Isles is available. At the same time, World Quests have began to pop up and also the letter from Anduin came so I can start the BfA content (?). I really don't know where to start: should I continue and finish the Legion questlines? Why Khadgar says we are going to use the Pillars of Creation to beat the Legion even though I have obtained only two of them? Are the Legion World Quests worth the time and effort? Also, what about my gear? Am I undergeared for my level?

Sorry for those many questions but I am playing this game alone, I would appreciate any thoughtful answer.
you "should" move on to bfa content. that doesn't stop you from finishing up some legion questlines first if you prefer.

your gear's rubbish, yes. you'll get a lot of big upgrades fairly quickly in kul tiras. don't bother with legion world quests, not worth it.
Yeah, "Overwhelmed" is what you get when you first hit max level. :)

It's even worse for you, because you get hit not only with what we faced at the start of Legion, but all the patches that were added as well.

You said in your other thread that you haven't bought BfA? Then while the letter may have arrived, it won't get you into BfA. It'll start you on the quest chain, but you won't be able to leave.

So you now have a choice: buy BfA or stay in Legion for a while.

If you buy BfA, then take the quest, follow it to Kul Tiras, and join in levelling to 120.

If you stay in Legion, there are three basic paths, and you can pursue them all at once:

1. Continue with Legion and get gear for your 110 Rogue. You should do this anyway. Some of the World Quests you see will offer you gear upgrades. Dungeons will also give you gear upgrades. I laid out your basic path in your other post.

Your gear is ilevel 150. You can aim to get gear of maybe ilevel 200 in Legion.

2. Make a new alt. Different class, different race, whatever. Level again, perhaps concentrating on the zones you skipped before.

3. Use your 110 to solo old dungeons and raids. Grab some transmog. Pick up a hobby, like pet battling or mount collecting. At 110 you should be able to solo everything up to late Pandaria raids.
18/10/2018 23:07Posted by Misanthropy
the letter from Anduin came so I can start the BfA content (?)

(!) Yes, this letter should send you to BfA content.

I have completed Azsuna and Stormheim questlines

Very good. This is part of the achievement to unlock flying in Legion.

I really don't know where to start: should I continue and finish the Legion questlines?

That's really a question of preference. If you want to quest in Legion to get the class-mount or something else, while having somewhat of a challenge: stay.
If you want to play current content and see other players, BfA might be the better choice.

Why Khadgar says we are going to use the Pillars of Creation to beat the Legion even though I have obtained only two of them?
Because from a certain patch onwards they just led players go ahead with the story without having to catch up.

Are the Legion World Quests worth the time and effort?
Again, that's a matter of taste. If you want to fly in Legion, if you want the one or the other mount or pet ...

Also, what about my gear? Am I undergeared for my level?
Gearscore is important (to some) when you're in endgame. As long as you can kill mobs of your level, you're fine.
Hi and welcome. Im new too (about 4 months in)

In my opinion as soon as you hit max level for that expansion move onto the next. So as your 110 i'd move onto BFA content and level to 120. You'll get better, more current gear and you can always go back to previous expansions and complete the quests if you wish (I plan on doing this also).

Have fun!
My personal advice for you would be to do as much old content as possible before proceeding to new content and getting the last expansion. I mean, it's how I did back in the days when Warlords were to be released (at that time I started) and I tried to do as much trivial content as possible before passing through the Dark Portal and facing the Iron Horde.

This way, though, you'll be missing out on the newest stuff, paying attention to how the game progresses and catch up with the newest content being released, but you'll at least understand the lore, let the information and other stuff sink in nicely and proceed with the game in your own pace.

In the end, whatever you decide on and however you progress or do in this game, it's all up to you and in the end only one goal remains - do what provides fun for you, that's what you're here for after all.