Elune is Azeroth and the War of Thorns.

Story
So, I had a theory as I walked down the street. Some people are saying Elune failed the night elves in the War of Thorns.

If we take it that Elune actually is Azeroth, the titan, her relative lack of divine intervention in the War of Thorns can be explained by the wound in Silithus. Her powers are drained, she is unable to intervene, as she is fighting for survival. The comfort she offered to the people in the temple is the greatest effort she is capable of. I wanna hear your thoughts.
Then why it's called moon goddess if she is on Azeroth and not - y'know moon?
Y'sera's cinematic proved that as well.

But it could be that Azeroth could in a way influence it.

I still liked my own take on "How BfA should've looked like" where Horde managed to ram through nelves because they deployed Azerite to their weaponry. It would spare us lots of drama.
blizzard is doing shock teraphy with story, its modern bull!@#$.

most stupid and illogical explanation comes soon, why Elune is like dead.
18/10/2018 23:35Posted by Zakkaru

Aye, but legend says, she slept in the well of Eternity during the day. And we later find out that the well was actually Azeroth's Lifeblood. I don't know, as I said, just a theory.

It would also make Tyrande's ritual a very frightening thing. What if she drained Azeroth too much, or got power from something else? Or got power from an Azeroth which is corrupted by the old gods, so corrupted power?
18/10/2018 23:42Posted by Araphant
18/10/2018 23:35Posted by Zakkaru

Aye, but legend says, she slept in the well of Eternity during the day. And we later find out that the well was actually Azeroth's Lifeblood. I don't know, as I said, just a theory.

It would also make Tyrande's ritual a very frightening thing. What if she drained Azeroth too much, or got power from something else? Or got power from an Azeroth which is corrupted by the old gods, so corrupted power?

The fact that they said that legends state that Elune slept in the Well of Eternity during the day is most likely derived from that fact that the Moon(s) is(/are) only visible during the night. Like any common legends, even in our real world. The Well of Eternity was the Kaldorei's most sacred place, and the Moon-Goddess was their most sacred Goddess, so it would've been easy to create a link between the two.

Also if Elune is Azeroth, and the Night Warriors are not made by her, due to her inability to do more then bring peace and rest to the suffering of her chosen people during the Burning of Teldrassil, it would not explain the legends, which clearly state that the Night Warriors were around before, and powerfull enough to destroy the Troll Empires, alongside the Highborne and their newly discovered Magics.

So no, even if it is up for debate what Elune exactly is, it is safe to say that Elune is not the Earthmother, nor is she the titan, Azeroth. Nor is she an benevolent Old God, nor a prime Naaru.
19/10/2018 00:08Posted by Moridunum
So no, even if it is up for debate what Elune exactly is, it is safe to say that Elune is not the Earthmother, nor is she the titan, Azeroth. Nor is she an benevolent Old God, nor a prime Naaru.

As I said, just a theory with a lot of holes.
This is not just about Elune, it's overall about Night Elves in total. One person on US forums made a good thread, and I can't say anything better that this:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769587656
19/10/2018 00:10Posted by Araphant
19/10/2018 00:08Posted by Moridunum

As I said, just a theory with a lot of holes.

Well if it was confirmed that Elune actually is Azeroth, it could explain it! But thusfar, its all still a mystery :P
With the recent lore surfacing, it is clear that Elune is something superior to what he have encountered. Blizzard confirmed that she was not a ''good'' old God, Khadgar theorized that she created the prime Naaru, and we have seen in the books and recently with Ysera what she is capable of. Her abilities and the abilities she offers to her people keep growing. It is possible that she is the origin of the light, or has similar standing like the void lords.
19/10/2018 12:07Posted by Tyrandé
With the recent lore surfacing, it is clear that Elune is something superior to what he have encountered. Blizzard confirmed that she was not a ''good'' old God, Khadgar theorized that she created the prime Naaru, and we have seen in the books and recently with Ysera what she is capable of. Her abilities and the abilities she offers to her people keep growing. It is possible that she is the origin of the light, or has similar standing like the void lords.

I once thought about that - perhaps Elune is the Light's equivalent of the Void Lords?
19/10/2018 12:30Posted by Halasibel

I once thought about that - perhaps Elune is the Light's equivalent of the Void Lords?

This.
Void lords rely on minions because they can only influence the real world for short ammounts of time themselves.
Elune also acts through her servants / naaru and seldom herself (ysera death was the only act of her we've seen afaik).
Also: tentacles :P

OR
Elune is above them all, the one who keeps the balance betweeen the void and the light (wasnt she involved with the great ordening of light and shadow? we know / heavily suspect she created the naaru, but did she create the voidlords aswell? The night warior aspect almost seems void based with the dark eyes, dark moon etc...

we keep viewing elune as a light entity because that's the aspect we've been seeing / that's been worshipped: maiden (waxing moon), mother(full moon), crone(waning moon). but the moon itself does not give light, it merely reflects it. and now we see a new face: the night warrior (new moon?).
Elune combines "Light" and "arcane" so I think she could be something related to Azeroth. Or be Azeroth herself. Or some aspect of Azeroth. Like the moon is somehow a part of the planet.
Furthermore in the making of Azeroth, one element "spirit" was totally consumed by the titans soul. <- Something about that makes me think that it can have something to do with Elune.
Friendly advice... don't think about stupid things while walking down the street, rather watch out a car doesn't splatter you.

...human paladin
If she ends up being the Light-Equilevant of the Void Lords I would be severly dissapointed. I mean, the things she is capable of in Lore, far surpasses that what the Void Lords could ever do...

I hate the idea that she created the Naaru. I'd rather have her be this omnipotent, all power Goddess who is above it all. I mean, why would they have to dive further into her? I rather have her stay a proper mystery people can theorize about all they want, because thats the charm Elune and her Followers have, the mystery surrounding the deity of their worship...

And knowing Blizzard, whatever they decide to make her, or not make her, it wil end up with everyone dissapointed. I wouldn't put it past them that they'll make Anduin Elune's High-Priest if she ends up being a Light-Lady.

Just my two cents, anyways.
19/10/2018 15:23Posted by Beher
Friendly advice... don't think about stupid things while walking down the street, rather watch out a car doesn't splatter you.

...human paladin

Is it just me or does this sound like a threat?
19/10/2018 15:23Posted by Beher

...human paladin

This definitely sounds like a threat.

But Your hairstyle is dashing Beher.