Can't Warriors have one handed weapons for Transmog?

Transmogrification
Why can't Warriors have One Handed Weapons for a Transmog?

I have seen a whole lot of awsome looking one handed axes and yet I do not understand why can't a warrior hold any of them or any of the one handed weapons as a transmog?
I would greatly appreciate it. There are already some two handed weapons that are smaller than some one handed weapons anyway.

It made sense to take away SMF in Legion due to artifact, but they did not bring it back for BFA so please allow Fury warriors to mog 2h->1h.
Would be great. Also, I'd like to see one 2h weapon for frost DK instead of two 1h weapons, as transmog option.
23/10/2018 10:08Posted by Brawx
I would greatly appreciate it. There are already some two handed weapons that are smaller than some one handed weapons anyway.

It made sense to take away SMF in Legion due to artifact, but they did not bring it back for BFA so please allow Fury warriors to mog 2h->1h.

I agree, some of the two handed weapons are way oversized and a little too big. I can understand the exagerration and teh fact that a warrior is string enough to wield two large weapons, but they often block or look a bit too unrealistic.
I think it is a bit more technical. Because 2H weapons have entirely different animations and are basically totally different weapons than a 1h weapon.

I don't know how that works and all, but 2H is not the same as 1H and maybe that is why you can't transmog a 1H on a 2H weapon or vice versa.

Internally the game must then use 1h animations but with 2h stats/dmg.
Maybe the animations and the stats/dmg part of a weapon are somehow linked and can't be easily changed or mix.
So it could be a limitation of the programming or the game engine not able to do a 1H animation but with 2H stats/dmg.
But that is speculation on my behalf, I don't know if this is the reasoning behind why you can't transmog 1H over 2H and vice versa.