Dungeon Deserter for being kicked?

BFA Dungeons, Island Expeditions, Raids
Hey!
I've recently been leveling an alt with Island Expeditions and I've been unlucky. Very unlucky. It now happened three times in a row that I was kicked from the team because the premade couples decided I was either not doing enough DPS or I was dying to much because, well after 115 leveling on islands gets a bit dangerous and you get smacked pretty hard. Even when just simply following the team and doing the job, 200 points before finish, I get a kick straight to the face.
I have several issues with this but the worst thing is that I keep getting the Dungeon Deserter debuff for getting kicked whilst not even doing anything wrong. I am being punished for other peoples toxic behaviour and have to wait 30 minutes before I can play the game. I'd understand it if someone was actually afk and got removed for inactivity but how this works right now is not okay. Not only can you get kicked literally seconds before getting your reward, you can simply get kicked because people feel like it.
I am upset that the only solution to this atm is not going into islands solo, since sometimes you just wont be able to queue with a friend. I am not sure if this is intended or not but maybe it's something worth looking into.
Fast solutions to this problem would be restricting people from kicking teammates at a certain %amount of Azerite collected, so people can't kick you for fun or for killing something faster than they'd like to, and not putting the Dungeon Deserter debuff on people who get kicked by vote.
I'd love to hear opinions on this, am I the only one getting these unlucky kicks or is anyone else experiencing this kind of toxicity from teammates?
If you get kicked once in a blue moon, it's probably just someone having a bad day and taking it out on you whichever way they can.
If you get kicked 3 times back to back it might be time to look more inwards and consider why 3 different 2man teams would move to kick you.
I've done 400 expeditions now, and I've only been kicked 2-3 times for BS reasons OVERALL. Almost all of those were done solo by the way. This is basically a non issue.

You were either extremely unlucky, or you really were doing something very wrong.

Ask yourself...
Were you communicating with your team?
How was your damage in comparison to your team mates?
How often were you dying in comparison with your team mates?

Remember this is an mmorpg. There are no rigid rules to islands, but if your team asks you politely to come with them, because they are maybe undergeared and you would greatly benefit from moving together, maybe it's worth doing that. Or at the very least, explaining to them why you want to go on your own instead.

I've had a couple situations during expeditions when there was absolute lack of communication from a person. These people often continued doing either nothing, or soloing trash (took them ages) etc. We were making multiple attempts to communicate with them, but they simply sat there in silence, killing one trash mob for 1 minute. In that case there's not much else to do other than to kick the person.

As for damage and your overall performance...expedition is no mythic raid, but you do need to contribute, and if your contribution is lacking to a critical extent, you might be kicked for that. Check out the guides on icyveins or wherever you prefer, practice your class for 3 minutes before joining group content. Make sure that you actually help working towards your mutual goal, instead of hindering it.
No matter if it's your own fault or not, i agree, that you should not get the deserter debuff... The deserter debuff is IMO designed to punish the ones who actively choose to leave a dungeon. Getting removed from a group right before the end exp drop is punishment enough for those just doing BM !@#$. While i still agree with Azerate, that getting kicked 3 times b2b2b should make you look at yourself, i do agree with OP in the regard of getting deserter for other peoples bad day is just not OK.
31/10/2018 12:42Posted by Azerate
I've done 400 expeditions now, and I've only been kicked 2-3 times for BS reasons OVERALL. Almost all of those were done solo by the way. This is basically a non issue.

You were either extremely unlucky, or you really were doing something very wrong.

Ask yourself...
Were you communicating with your team?
How was your damage in comparison to your team mates?
How often were you dying in comparison with your team mates?

Remember this is an mmorpg. There are no rigid rules to islands, but if your team asks you politely to come with them, because they are maybe undergeared and you would greatly benefit from moving together, maybe it's worth doing that. Or at the very least, explaining to them why you want to go on your own instead.

I've had a couple situations during expeditions when there was absolute lack of communication from a person. These people often continued doing either nothing, or soloing trash (took them ages) etc. We were making multiple attempts to communicate with them, but they simply sat there in silence, killing one trash mob for 1 minute. In that case there's not much else to do other than to kick the person.

As for damage and your overall performance...expedition is no mythic raid, but you do need to contribute, and if your contribution is lacking to a critical extent, you might be kicked for that. Check out the guides on icyveins or wherever you prefer, practice your class for 3 minutes before joining group content. Make sure that you actually help working towards your mutual goal, instead of hindering it.

Here you are trolling third posts on same topic.
31/10/2018 16:27Posted by Jjbanker
The deserter debuff is IMO designed to punish the ones who actively choose to leave a dungeon. Getting removed from a group right before the end exp drop is punishment enough

It used to not give you the debuff if you got kicked.
Then tanks or healers would start demanding being kicked if the dungeon they queue'd into for their 'daily' or w/e reason was not one of the quickly done dungeons but one of the others that could easily take twice as long.
They'd then hold the group hostage and demand being kicked as heroic dungeons at the time with no tank or no healer was almost impossible there was little a group could do other than comply, kick them and hopefully get someone else in.
This let those tanks and healers queue up again instantly to either hold a new group hostage or get their desired dungeon+the reward of doing the 'random' dungeon.
This is why they changed it.. Is it perfect? No. But I wouldn't know how to improve it either.
I feel like it should be impossible to kick someone doing damage and collecting azarite.

I just got kicked being 120, with a 111 and 118 who died the whole way true pulling to much. I collected most of the azarite and they couldn't find me after death. I killed most elites and rares of the expedition, mostly alone because they where dead again pulling everything. And i was the one kicked, 200 points before the win. WTF?!