BlizzCon 2018 Thread

Argent Dawn
Prev 1 6 7 8 18 Next

I'M WALKIN' ON SUNSHINE! WHOOOAAAHHH!
God damn it.
Sweet Zandalari Paladin's, looks like I'm rolling a healer Horde side.
02/11/2018 21:24Posted by Uruk
I'm not sure why this new Diablo mobile game is so bad. Is it because of the likely in-game purchases and P2W or just because it's a mobile game? I mean, I played Dungeon Hunter series on my iPad and they were pretty entertaining.

If it had been paired with another Diablo announcement (eg. D2 remaster, D3 expansion, D4) then people probably wouldn't care so much.

But when the mobile game was the big announcement for diablo? That's a let down. Especially when it turns out it comes from a previously pay2win dev.

Nintendo must be happy though - their Diablo on-the-go game is much more well received.
Ya'll thought I was crazy!
I'm mildly excited about the Warcraft 3 remake.

On one hand, I didn't think there was much wrong with the original, with the exception of dated graphics, compatibility issues, and poor voice acting.

On the other, I'll be really happy if they remaster the cinematics too, and retroactive continuity (like the infernal having claws) is always to be welcomed. I won't lie, I did prefer the original Warcraft 3's more...earthy aesthetic.
02/11/2018 20:57Posted by Chuein
02/11/2018 20:56Posted by Raes
Is it just me or does putting Diablo onto mobile seem like such a money-grubbing Activision kinda move? It just stinks of EA and Command and Conquer.

This is exactly what it is, while also slandering and downgrading a beloved franchise.

Blizzard went full EA.

You mean Activision. There is no Blizzard now.
So...

Anyone here who's played Destiny 2? How is it, really? I've never played either of the games. I've heard it's a downgrade from the first game, but other than that... what's it like? Any good?

I'm just going to give it a shot (80 GBs though, oof) I've got some room for new games again. Might like it, might uninstall after first 30 minutes. We'll see.

I'm not sure why this new Diablo mobile game is so bad. Is it because of the likely in-game purchases and P2W or just because it's a mobile game? I mean, I played Dungeon Hunter series on my iPad and they were pretty entertaining.

I kinda feel the same. Sure, there are a lot of bad mobile games, with their micro-transactions and such. But surely not all of them fall into the same mold?

I feel like the reason people are in such an uproar is because this could have potentially been an expansion for Diablo 3 or a separate game on its own. Personally I'm not going to check it out, even though I've enjoyed Diablo 3 in the past, but I'm just not a mobile gamer.
If the comments on Diablo Immortal's YT page are to be believed, the managers of the channel are actively deleting comments as a form of damage control. 47K dislikes to 1.9K likes atm. Roughly 96% dislikes.
https://media3.giphy.com/media/13xHqoOQOdFu5a/200.webp?cid=3640f6095bdcc273715761506718246b

Literally my reaction when I saw the updated classes. I AM SO !@#$ING HAPPY! Blizzcon is redeemed for me. I got what I wanted out of it.
Destiny 2 is pretty good, definitely worth picking up while it's free
At least there will be a WC3 remaster.

Yeah, that's how low standards we have now, we are happy because a 16 year old game is getting a makeover.

Overwatch cinematic was entertaining, even though I don't (and probably won't) play it.

Diablo mobile...heh heh hee...
02/11/2018 21:31Posted by Shamoss
So...

Anyone here who's played Destiny 2? How is it, really? I've never played either of the games. I've heard it's a downgrade from the first game, but other than that... what's it like? Any good?

I'm just going to give it a shot (80 GBs though, oof) I've got some room for new games again. Might like it, might uninstall after first 30 minutes. We'll see.

Same here, gonna give it a try now that it's free. Afaik it's "okay" as a game.

I share your sentiments about it. "Might like it, might uninstall after first 30 minutes". And hey, since it also has PvE, it's more appealing to me than Overwatch - not that I don't like PvP, on the contrary, but would rather have the option to also do a bit of PvE on the side, get familiar with the controls and awareness in a live-fire environment before going in to get flamed by other players.
So, from the things I've read, seen and watched, I have these things to say thus far:

Diablo Mobile Game: Not a good thing, would've preferred something for Diablo 3 or something.

Overwatch: Some kind of rifle-toting red-eyed badass lady with a robot bodyguard backing her up, and they seem to be really... Close, emotionally... Futurama predicted Robosexuality. I mean, nothing wrong with the character design and all, looks like a fun Hero. But hell, I will complain about it anyway because she looks like someone who was going for a western themed cosplay of some kind of animoo character. The Reunion cinematic was pretty good though, much better than D.Va's cinematic.

Heroes of the Storm: New Hero, looks like something that looks like a League of Legends reject: Little girl that wields eldrich powers, with big ol' eyes and a giant board on her back. Wouldn't have a problem with this "Nexus-Born" Hero, if she were maybe a bit older, looked like a normal person, and didn't have a giant surfboard on her back (Okay, maybe her eyes aren't that big, but they still look bigger than they really could be).

Warcraft 3 Reforged: Eh, pretty neat I guess, but if I know HD remakes, they will pretty much ruin the charm that the non-HD variants hold.

Classic WoW: Horray, we won't have to pay separate subscriptions for Classic WoW. This is awesome. Suck it, whoever was saying there should be separate subscriptions for it.

Lost Honor: The CGI is great as always. Story writing is... Well, at least it's not the in-game writing for the most part.

Allied Race stuff: Zandalari Paladins are not gonna be a thing, BOOOOOO!

Free Vanilla Destiny 2: This is pretty unusual, I have to say. But hey, I won't look at BoJack in the mouth, it'd be pretty rude. I remember playing the game back when it was in open beta and I thought it wasn't too bad, but I never felt tempted to buy it. Now I have a good reason to not buy it, horray!

I am hoping that the crowd at Blizzcon is being angry and are booing, would probably have gotten a ticket just so I can see the crowd going "Boooooo, you suck" and all that.
I like they are keeping true to WC3 design and have kept units like Human Footman true to their Lordaeron armour design.
02/11/2018 21:28Posted by Elenthas

If it had been paired with another Diablo announcement (eg. D2 remaster, D3 expansion, D4) then people probably wouldn't care so much.

But when the mobile game was the big announcement for diablo? That's a let down. Especially when it turns out it comes from a previously pay2win dev.

Nintendo must be happy though - their Diablo on-the-go game is much more well received.

I think it's also the placement of the announcement in the opening. The reception might not have been so lacklustre if it hadn't been the last thing to show off, and instead be sandwiched somewhere around Starcraft 2 or HotS stuff, with WC3 Reforged being the big "Oh, one last thing..." moment.

Oh also hey check it out Diablo Immortal is just a reskin of an already existing NetEase title: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-SLvqXyrI4
02/11/2018 21:36Posted by Tonnek
02/11/2018 21:31Posted by Shamoss
So...

Same here, gonna give it a try now that it's free. Afaik it's "okay" as a game.

I share your sentiments about it. "Might like it, might uninstall after first 30 minutes". And hey, since it also has PvE, it's more appealing to me than Overwatch - not that I don't like PvP, on the contrary, but would rather have the option to also do a bit of PvE on the side, get familiar with the controls and awareness in a live-fire environment before going in to get flamed by other players.

Destiny? Pfft, play Warframe instead, much better.
02/11/2018 21:47Posted by Terrasen

Hah, you're not the first to suggest that! We'll see, if Destiny 2 wakes something in me before the free trial is over, I might give Warframe an honest try.

02/11/2018 21:42Posted by Tubri
Allied Race stuff: Zandalari Paladins are not gonna be a thing, BOOOOOO!

They will be. Check the last few comments of this thread's page 6.
02/11/2018 21:42Posted by Tubri
Overwatch: Some kind of rifle-toting red-eyed badass lady with a robot bodyguard backing her up, and they seem to be really... Close, emotionally... Futurama predicted Robosexuality

From the character origin vid, Bob looks to be her omnic butler servant. The Alfred to her Batman.
02/11/2018 21:47Posted by Terrasen

See, this is my take on it too. I accepted D2 of course since it was free, but I don't see why I wouldn't just go back to Warframe instead.