double fire mage holy priest inc 8.1?

Arenas
NEW Holy Word: Concentration Blesses the ground with divine light, causing all allies who stand within to be immune to all silence and interrupt effects. Lasts for 8 sec.

45 sec cd.
Hopefully it won't work in arena
its a pvp talent, so ye go figure.
and its 0.5 sec cast for the priest so seems strong also just to not die to Zug zugs.
I think there are two weak spots.

One is that when the Holy Word: Concentration goes down, the enemy team will just run behind a pillar and count to 8.

The second is that Holy Priest is not very good at keeping people alive. The Holy Concentration PvP talent that exists today is arguably better for the Holy Priest alone, but even that isn't enough to make the spec viable.
Holy Word: Concentration is great for other team members, but it still doesn't solve the issue that a Holy Priest doesn't have the tools to keep people alive (or itself for that matter). There's not enough oomph! to the heals, and there aren't enough cooldowns to fall back upon when things take a turn for the worse.

It'll probably be a great PvP talent in Battlegrounds though. You can really provide some great support to your healer and caster backline when you're fighting over the flag in EotS or the Workshop in IoC.
02/11/2018 08:32Posted by Jito
I think there are two weak spots.

One is that when the Holy Word: Concentration goes down, the enemy team will just run behind a pillar and count to 8.

Every caster comp with a root will combine it accordingly.

Imagine any balance or mage comp with this. root class + destro + concentration = rip.
Might work at lower ratings. But people will save their stuns and other ccs for this. As a MW I'd just ring of peace on top of it and knock them all out of the circle (they're both 8yd radius and 45s cd).
What is holy priest?
how about the new greater heal xD? 65% max hp heal 3 sec cast.
They are really pushing that spec for arenas.
just run? seriously just run behind los

if they decide to blink to catch up to you, that's great, they now have no mobility, you gain the upper hand

and there's obviously going to be a substitution effect for that pvp talent if chosen, like no greater fade or ray of hope, which is great if he uses this new aura mastery offensively so you can probably just kill him after their go
Well, I suppose one can just dump an anti-magic zone ontop of it, just wish that zone lowered enemy healing intake too tho
it will work with double destro and before they cast their Chaos bolts they better have to root their target and boom xD