WoW troll paladins..what a disgrace...

General
Prev 1 9 10 11 13 Next
05/11/2018 13:33Posted by Embo

Yeah but they are far from decent!

Of course they are. They are the best race for it and the best is definitely far from being average.
05/11/2018 13:42Posted by Savoren

Of course they are. They are the best race for it and the best is definitely far from being average.
I kinda like them in lore and racials, but hell even the fan-made models are better then what we have now ingame.
05/11/2018 13:48Posted by Embo

I kinda like them in lore and racials, but hell even the fan-made models are better then what we have now ingame.

I've got no problem with their models and I like their animations quite a lot. Both male and female Tauren models as well as male Night Elf and Draenei models put me off a little, but for a game as old as WoW models aren't so bad overall.
Blizzard is broken.
Dear Lord.... When will the Idiots finally understand that troll-paladins are not paladins but prelates that got their power from the loa.

Troll paladins make more sense then tauren... they also exist since classic. There where in ZG and ToT and will also be in BFA.

Trolls are the most versatile race...

ZTroll druids are also not druids but Dinomancers.
waiting to see the Paladin mount for Zanadalari Trolls. Golden Raptor?

This game has changed alot
<span class="truncated">...</span>
you clearly have forgotten Belfs are palladins aswell :)

Ofc were not decent but we are the best :)
i mean its definetly the wrong race for it but you get another race to be shamans so why us not paladins
05/11/2018 17:14Posted by Rallikumi
i mean its definetly the wrong race for it but you get another race to be shamans so why us not paladins
theyre not the wrong race ,theyre not palladins liek humans,dwarfs and draenei. theyre templars for their loa, just like tauren are sunwalkers and belfs are blood knights.
Theyre all called palladin cause gameplay adn trolls have ahd their version of palladins since the game launched in zandalari npc's.
Faction equality. Both faction must have 3 paladin races. Welcome to 2k18. social justice everywhere.
Gimme me my undead paladin. I want to get stunned everytime I cast consecration.
05/11/2018 13:25Posted by Brigante
05/11/2018 06:14Posted by Retributor
horde trolls before going to high school decide to come here and make fun of the minority faction that gets sh@!@t on by blizzard

So what you are saying is that if anyone posts their opinion, you decide to take it seriously or call them a troll based on what race they are playing, a Horde one or Alliance? As for High School, or Secondary School as we call it in my country, There is no 'before' going for me, rather that I finished it 26 years ago (My word, time does fly), but then, like most people, I play both Horde characters and Alliance ones, however I am able to separate myself from my characters, so don't get quite so worked up as some people do. I've never understood why people who RP are able to calmly discuss the game, and realise that they are not their character and it is just a game, whereas the people who start frothing at the mouth and start to self insert as their characters are not even from RP realms... Bizarre.

05/11/2018 06:25Posted by Belfdin
Troll paladin's bwhahahaha are you f serious?

A Highly Theistic society, very Priest driven, and known to be able to wield a version of the Light?, one partially based on Mesoamerican culture, who historically -had- Holy Warriors believed to be magical, one where we've already -seen- these holy Warriors in game?

Yeah, I'd say that sounds serious. And logical.

05/11/2018 06:28Posted by Retributor
glad you see how ridiculous that is...and many other sane people who actually care about this game, lore and the factions ...

What has that to do with anything? They fit the game, they fit the lore, they fit the Factions, Alliance still have a higher number of Paladins, and Horde still have a higher number of Shamans. Nothing about that is ridiculous.

05/11/2018 06:28Posted by Retributor
but sadly most horde are just glad that the opposite faction will be shrinking to 30% or less within a year.

Not that it is particularly relevant a point you make, but that did tickle me, as on Argent Dawn it is exactly the reverse, 70% Alliance 30% Horde. Odd that, no idea why..

05/11/2018 06:54Posted by Retributor
on top of being an immature troll, you're a racist as well.

I cannot see anything in Nazdreg's post that was racist. Now you later state that in your country there are no benefits, so I can deduce therefore you are not British, and so English may not be your first language, which is cool, I won't mock someone's written English until I am as fluent in their language, which is likely not at all, however are you sure 'Racist' is the word you were looking for there?

You could argue that Nazdreg's post was 'Discriminatory' against people on benefits. (Oddly, I -am- on benefits, but that is because of -hopefully- Temporary disability and not being able to work, but I just thought it slightly funny as a comment, to be honest), and therefore if you speak English as a foreign language you might have thought Discrimination=Racist. You can get Racial Discrimination, however not all Discrimination is Racist at all. Could be sexist, could be social background, could be religious, sexual orientation, regional, physical health based, could be a whole load of things.

Basically no one was being Racist there. I think you used the wrong word in error.

05/11/2018 07:29Posted by Helenkeller
Trol paladin seems out of place. They are attuned to the light since vanilla... ( priest class ) But still it's a race that evolves around nature and its spirits. ( Loa's and what not ) So having shining knights throwing bubbles and flash heals within their ranks feels really out of place.

It is out of place, if you think of Paladins just as Big Knights with Holy magic, clanking around in platemail. Obviously we're tempted to do that, in the Western world, because those are our myths, Roland and his 12 Paladins, Charlemagne and his Paladins, King Arthur and his Knights of the Holy Grail.

The concept of a Holy Warrior however, is a worldwide one, which exists on every continent where there were people. Its like, Sunwalkers, They actually make perfect sense, they are based on the Native American idea of what a Holy Warrior was. Given that Tauren are heavily based on Native Americans this makes sense.

Now the Zandalari, as much as people (Blizzard included) keep making the 'Wakanda forever' jokes, are based on MesoAmerican culture, the most well known being the Aztecs, Incas and Mayans, all three of which had a cultural concept of Holy Warriors. Even more tellingly, most of them were based on religious beliefs around incredibly powerful animal spirits (Starting to sound familiar?), some of the more well known (And obviously this is rough translation, the languages are long dead) we would call 'Eagle Warriors' or 'Jaguar Knights' as two examples.

So...actually, they kind of make perfect sense too. To our minds a Holy Warrior was a Paladin, a Templar who believed in God. Across the Ocean, a Holy Warrior was something very different. For a start, they didn't believe in just one God.

Hope that puts it in context a bit.

Great post, a better response than they deserved!
05/11/2018 15:04Posted by Itamijoe
Dear Lord.... When will the Idiots finally understand that troll-paladins are not paladins but prelates that got their power from the loa.

Troll paladins make more sense then tauren... they also exist since classic. There where in ZG and ToT and will also be in BFA.

Trolls are the most versatile race...

ZTroll druids are also not druids but Dinomancers.

Thank you, the whole appeal of Zandalari prelates is that they're nothing like humans and their medival knights. They're imperial Holy warriors, temple and royal family protectors, vessel to carry Loa's will, to fight heretics (blood trolls) and purge the undead (they're abomniations even to Bwonsamdi) and fierce defenders of the empire, elite warriors.

What's not to like? They're very different but core spirit is intact.
03/11/2018 01:45Posted by Jesi
03/11/2018 01:34Posted by Pixelbear
all races should get all classes .... be done with it already. the lore already makes no sense so JUST DO IT.

What is funny they are allowing most races to be a Monk because Pandarens are traveling to them~ to teach them how to fight and stuff like that... after trainees join the faction. Just look at Kultiran and Zandalari!

But they are not doing that with any other class~ other classes cant learn from numerous faction teachers and have to be limited by lore of past.

Monk~ Future
Others~ Past

?WHY?

Never understood how Undead can be Monks. One whirlwind kick and oh bugger there go my legs....
05/11/2018 21:26Posted by Xandrolar
Never understood how Undead can be Monks. One whirlwind kick and oh bugger there go my legs....

Not to mention that Monks channel Chi energy whish is actually Life energy. UD monks are such a lorelol combo.
03/11/2018 01:16Posted by Retributor
03/11/2018 01:14Posted by Jaguaryokota
Bias? We were stuck with 2 races for paladins, just saying

are you kidding? the only race that worships the light in horde is a few ex humans undead priests and blood elf paladins (who a few years ago ENSLAVED the naaru and used blood/light magic)
none of which deserve the paladin class anyway
oh please...

world of horde biased craft

#FIREION
Its about religion mate and religion does not picking its own followers by the race, even in the real world. I am atheist by the way.
05/11/2018 17:49Posted by Putridius
Gimme me my undead paladin. I want to get stunned everytime I cast consecration.
lol that would be funny, you can roll UD Pally, but he screams constantly and gets hurt everytime he does a Holy spell or attack.
Well alliance paladins have nothing to do with light, lets be honest here, how they worked back in wc3 they were paladins, after arthas turned evil, all alliance paladins more or less have bein more like the spanish inquisition.

I mean from the start, would an honorable member of the warriors of the light use cheats like stun in combat and beat a stunned opponent to bloody pulp? No, no they wouldnt. There is nothing light in paladins.

All religions have a different way of seeing light, Sirvallah is the Loa for zandalari, which enables "paladins" althou they are not called paladins, but since blizzard is not willing to rename classes for factions, this is how we must go.

I mean I dont like alliance having shamans, it offends me greatly (well not really), we should instead call them totemweavers or some other lol name.

Spacesquidet the Totemweaver
Isn't it something with
Tauren Paladins = Sunwalkers, draws power from An'she the sun godess
Belf Paladin = Blood knight, draws power from Mu'uru

So the Zandalari probably gets power from some Loa of similar powers, so, they're not actually Paladins, just that gamewise it's easier to just have one class instead of nitpicking classes for each race.
Undeads being Paladins would just kill them, since Light is the most harmful thing for them?
05/11/2018 09:56Posted by Volfang
> People get pissed and complain during beta when they learn Zandalari can't be paladins.
> People get pissed and complain when Blizzard listens and lets Zandalari be paladins.

fixed for you

>horde QQ and ask for zandalari paladins because TOT had 3 npcs prelates
>blizz butchers lore again (same bottom-pull like voidelf) and gives their favourite faction everything they ask for
>alliance and other reasonable individuals disagree with such class/race combo
>''omg people complain when blizzard listens to HORDE and gives them everything. ''