"You're welcome Alliance"

General
Prev 1 6 7 8 Next
Horde bias is easily seen by cinematics where Sourfang gets proper cinematics while videos where are Alliance only chars its in game cinematic..

It started with Cata and thralls ascension to position as superman of azeroth .. or term that Metzen "likes" "Green Jesus".. You could see bias in Twilight Highlands where Horde got intro for it where Garrosh is riding zeppelins only missing thing is "March of Valkyries" by R.Wagner..

Then MOP as part of "Make Horde Great Again" while our famous warchief left us.. Let Alliance help "Vol'jin rebels" as plot tool to Horde story while Alliance didnt gained anything and lost half of Ashenvale..When if it was good storytelling Horde would get partitioned between alliance races..or at least got under Alliance protectorate with Alliance guards in Orgrimmar which at the end would create tension good for future storytelling..but no "gameplay reasons"..

WOD..True Horde warlords again with Grom as antagonist till 2/3 of expansion and then putting Yrel aside while Grom gets again title "Saviour of Draenor" as tribute to hisa history from wc3...

It really gets annoying after playing for so many years and it was funny at beginning now its getting over the top..and in general i dont like being whiner but its truth
the biggest issiue i have atm are all those blood elfs defending horde and calling alliance crybabies, remember this blood elfs: you only joined horde because asian people wanted a pretty race with the horde.

remove blood elfs from horde and factions are balanced again, because those players want a pretty race instead of a "monster"
The side bias is bs. Sometimes it happens that one faction gets something and the other doesn't. Then the next time the other faction will get something. Live with it. And to all the Horde people here going 'Aww Alliance cries about bias again', check all the posts on this forum about how they said at Blizzcon that there may be a new warchief soon. So many Horde players are crying there about 'If Sylvanas dies someone on the Alliance also need to die!!!!!'. Both factions have people who cry out over these things on the forum, just don't read it if you can't handle it.
05/11/2018 13:15Posted by Ciphix
The side bias is bs. Sometimes it happens that one faction gets something and the other doesn't. Then the next time the other faction will get something. Live with it. And to all the Horde people here going 'Aww Alliance cries about bias again', check all the posts on this forum about how they said at Blizzcon that there may be a new warchief soon. So many Horde players are crying there about 'If Sylvanas dies someone on the Alliance also need to die!!!!!'. Both factions have people who cry out over these things on the forum, just don't read it if you can't handle it.

Not to mention Rastakhan dying, a lot of Horde wanted Jaina too as well because "it wasn't fair". Or the fact Zandalari are not Warlocks (Due to Blizzard accidentally saying they were gonna be), plenty of Horde complaining then.

And I'm also waiting for the complaints to come flooding through when alliance get to do the Warfront first in 8.1, and how the reset of rares won't happen for the Horde in a while.
04/11/2018 18:35Posted by Râlph
04/11/2018 18:28Posted by Ilyrian

How long did 'Every Man for Himself' stick around for..? Felt like a very long time.
Not saying we shouldn't strive for balance in these things... but it's a bit rich all this talk now.
And removing the Silence from Arcane Torrent doesn't feel like a buff to me.

Yeah totally not opat all for m+ thanks to the ridiculous numbers of buffs ;^)

So a handful of people may have rerolled BE just to get on top of the M+ leader board?
How many do you reckon did? Did you? I'm guessing no?
I could be wrong but I'm thinking the bleeding edge (is that thing now in M+? I'm just back from a break so a bit out of the loop - is M+ the new raiding?) can't be more than 1% of the player base.
Does any of this affect the majority of players to an extent that we should care?
05/11/2018 16:13Posted by Ilyrian
So a handful of people may have rerolled BE just to get on top of the M+ leader board?
I could be wrong but I'm thinking the bleeding edge (is that thing now in M+? I'm just back from a break so a bit out of the loop - is M+ the new raiding?) can't be more than 1% of the player base.
Does any of this affect the majority of players to an extent that we should care?

It doesn't affect the players in the sense that runs are completely different for each faction, but it does affect players when the factions become imbalanced. I know there ins't much of an imbalance, but it's there. Especially in PvP, since Alliance get that 50% honor bonus, and Horde can play as Alliance in PvP as well, because the PvP imbalance is there. Same with PvE, there's no cross realm Mythic runs yet, because there hasn't been enough Alliance clearing the Mythic raid. They're only subtle problems to the average player, but they can still be noticed.
03/11/2018 02:37Posted by Zethial
That was unnecessary, to say the least.

https://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2018/november/WOWNXT079.jpg

Are you gonna be ok?
05/11/2018 16:17Posted by Shortbolts
05/11/2018 16:13Posted by Ilyrian

It doesn't affect the players in the sense that runs are completely different for each faction, but it does affect players when the factions become imbalanced. I know there ins't much of an imbalance, but it's there. Especially in PvP, since Alliance get that 50% honor bonus, and Horde can play as Alliance in PvP as well, because the PvP imbalance is there. Same with PvE, there's no cross realm Mythic runs yet, because there hasn't been enough Alliance clearing the Mythic raid. They're only subtle problems to the average player, but they can still be noticed.

I agree - but you didn't reroll to BE did you. Do you think its important enough to reroll? Are you planning to?

Not trying to be trite about it but it seems like a lot of noise and not much action.
05/11/2018 16:39Posted by Ilyrian
I agree - but you didn't reroll to BE did you. Do you think its important enough to reroll? Are you planning to?

Not trying to be trite about it but it seems like a lot of noise and not much action.

I haven't rerolled to BE, but I have been playing my Horde a little more, since I'm wanting to get into raiding more, and I found it a lot easier to find a progression guild there than on the Alliance side. I have my Nightbourne that I've spent a decent amount of time on xD
05/11/2018 16:43Posted by Shortbolts
05/11/2018 16:39Posted by Ilyrian

I haven't rerolled to BE, but I have been playing my Horde a little more, since I'm wanting to get into raiding more, and I found it a lot easier to find a progression guild there than on the Alliance side. I have my Nightbourne that I've spent a decent amount of time on xD

Fair enough.
I wish they didn't have the grind.
Love the Nightborne and Maghar, but more grind? I can barely level up this dude as it is...
04/11/2018 08:26Posted by Sateass
03/11/2018 03:34Posted by Omril
Alliance being put in their place is always nice <3

Will you play horde if the Alliance have the racial advantage that's the real question. Horde just playing the game on easy mode

horde racials are better ultity, but Alliance get some of best ones for dps like lightforged and for casters void elfs. But your statement is huge hugely overblown , horde has it bit easier on zul and some dungeons due tauren/belfs but you got better dps racials escpially casters for void elfs and even more on movement heavy fights.

Stop being so idiotic and clamining 1side plays on easy mode. cause while it is a difference ,its pretty minor ,stop with over reacting and overxgeration.
05/11/2018 07:40Posted by Senoola
the biggest issiue i have atm are all those blood elfs defending horde and calling alliance crybabies, remember this blood elfs: you only joined horde because asian people wanted a pretty race with the horde.

remove blood elfs from horde and factions are balanced again, because those players want a pretty race instead of a "monster"

factions wouldnt be balanced it would be 7-80% Alliance way worse then any imbalance now. aslo play wc3 idiot and frozen throne and starting zone of belfs and youl see it why they joined horde;

Not sure if trolling but 14 horde guilds from top 50 horde guild was alliance....Method?Vodka...ScrubBusters...and so and so...

05/11/2018 18:49Posted by Friscie
void elfs

Yea.... let's make a good race... for alliance after 14 years....while everyone switched to Horde.meanwhile.....not sure if idiotic or plain..stupid...

What the point of putting a good race after killing a faction with zero hardcore guilds left..??? You think that the left population will look now at min/max stats ??
As i recall over the year those players looked at the min max stats...over the year and they made they're choice...
I can put every comment from top guilds why they changed to horde... Better racial>
PvP??? Alliance got nerfed so hard aswell over the years that aswell everyone switched to horde...Look twitch and youtube plenty of alliance players switched to horde?? Why would they switch if alliance would have better racials ?? nah.

The damage right now have been already done and nothing would be done ...

Less and less alliance players...Less guild meaning less players if they won't switch to horde...
PvP well change it to PLay versus bot at some points...
05/11/2018 19:48Posted by Bandicoot
Less and less alliance players...Less guild meaning less players if they won't switch to horde...

The amount of hours online is pretty 50/50 between factions:

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/weeklyfactionactivity.php?serverid=-1

It is for the first time in history that horde surpasses alliance, that's true. There was one "horde beats alliance" a few xpacs back (I can't find it on the site anymore so you'll have to take my word for it) but the rest of all those years alliance hours online beat horde hours online.
05/11/2018 20:20Posted by Vunde
05/11/2018 19:48Posted by Bandicoot

The amount of hours online is pretty 50/50 between factions:

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/weeklyfactionactivity.php?serverid=-1

It is for the first time in history that horde surpasses alliance, that's true. There was one "horde beats alliance" a few xpacs back (I can't find it on the site anymore so you'll have to take my word for it) but the rest of all those years alliance hours online beat horde hours online.

Why do you even talk about hours online? It doesnt matter how much you play if nothing is accomplished.

https://www.worldofwargraphs.com/pvp-stats/races/2200-rating
Factions above 2.2k
Horde - 75.6%
Alliance - 24.4%

Just that you know a month ago it was:
Alliance - 28.9%
Horde - 71.1%
If 4% growth in such a short time is nothing i dont know what to say. My guess (which probably is right) these 4% of people switched horde or horde mained more alts.

https://www.worldofwargraphs.com/pve-stats/best-guilds
in top 100:
7 guilds out of 100 are alliance with the recent switch of scurbbusters and others in legion (especially for myth kj because of rocket jump). There was also a mass exodus from alliance in mop in throne of thunder and dont forget how BE racial works on Zul. How was this not tested? If game designers are professionals these things should not happen.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveWoW/comments/9lk574/siege_of_boralus_difference_between_horde_and/
The difference in mythic+ is basically in horde favour. Their dungeons are easier and thair racials are very useful there. How is that not Bias? Just that you know BE purge saves up to 1.5 min in a dungeon.

https://bloodmallet.com/
For lock shaman rogue, mage, hunter, druid, spriest and dk TROLL is the best race, Monks best race is tauren, just like BE for paladin.
This is just pure dps against a dummy which doesnt represent real fight. In real fight there is always a burst phase where dmg racials really matter thus making horde racials even better.

This expansion horde was handled:
- warfronts gear
- absolutely better racials in every situation
- warmode imbalance (there were easy solutions on forum like not going capping with one faction and have 1v1 ratio but it was not adressed. Coincidence?)
- story in wich alliance is a punching bag with no real victories
- heritage armor for horde most played race while alliance got armor for the 5th most played race
- Horse mounts for alliance while horde gets variety of new models
Also dont forget:
- "horde is waiting for you"
- lead game designer that is proud of not getting double agent achievement
- Pannel where designer wanted to paint a horde symbol on varian memorial
- The announcement about mechagnomes where gd says goblins could do everything better
- https://imgur.com/ZnBZdoG
All these things happened in this ONE expansion.

Isnt that an indication of bias? How is it ok to have one faction have more than TWICE the representation of other faction above 2.2 rating.

Btw adding bots to the bg will even more increase faction imbalance because while horde has a pool of real players alliance will be left with bots which are easy to beat which will result in even more horde win ratio.

There are too many "mistakes" that happened this expansion thats why the outcry and cancelation of subs topics are prevalant on the forum. At this point it isnt even a question if there is horde bias or not.

The overall ratio of horde : alliance at 120
In us is 55 -45
https://realmpop.com/us.html
In eu is 56 - 44
The difference in population is more than 10% and that is huge in actual numbers

The only way to fix the imbalance is buffing alliance racials to the point of them being op in pvp because the same thing is impossible in pve due them being defensive and very niche. That will attract pvp players thus making pvp community on alliance and pve on horde.

Unfortunatelly that is the only way because none other methods will work. People will always max out their performance and unless one side has advantage in on aspect of the game there is no incencetive to pay transfer to losing faction. If this wont be done untill the end of bfa there wont be alliance as a faction because the mass transfer to horde is so big that there wont be enough players to actually participate in content. The main example being faction kills of mythic guun where horde had already maxed out the achievment while alliance is not even half way through because of no players on this side.
https://www.worldofwargraphs.com/pvp-stats/races/2200-rating
Factions above 2.2k
Horde - 75.6%
Alliance - 24.4%

Just that you know a month ago it was:
Alliance - 28.9%
Horde - 71.1%
If 4% growth in such a short time is nothing i dont know what to say. My guess (which probably is right) these 4% of people switched horde or horde mained more alts..

"Alliance was always behind pve wise but they were always number one in competitive pvp"
Lmao
03/11/2018 10:03Posted by Leinadh
03/11/2018 08:56Posted by Nathaniel
It’s just a joke. Come on.

Do you imagine what would have happened if the joke was addressed to Horde players? Forums would be nothing but countless whining posts about 'Alliance bias' and nonsensical blabber.

This is exactly why I want both factions to disappear. It's ridiculous to segregate players and make them hate each other for something as stupid as faction choice, especially considering many (if not the majority) play both. Factions, as they are designed right now, cause nothing but a negative atmosphere. Not cool.

Dumbest comment I have ever read on forums.

Congrats on your anti-achievement!
People, it's a joke. That's all it was. If you can't laugh about something as innocent as that, then I get why the world is going down the drain. Okay, that might be overstating it a bit, but seriously? If people would be a bit more light-hearted about jokes and not 'take offense' at even the smallest things I'm pretty sure the world would at least start to be a bit better.

Other than that: I've played Horde most of my time in WoW due to one little fact and that's that I wanted to play a druid and I didn't like the Night Elves. Okay, I also liked the whole 'honor' thing that they have (had?) going. But I also play Alliance, and when I do, I enjoy it as much as I do playing Horde. The two factions have also gotten along quite well over the years on several occasions, and to see them going to war over what I feel is a VERY valid reason, well, that's only natural.

So... For the Horde AND the Alliance!
06/11/2018 10:14Posted by Adarra
People, it's a joke. That's all it was. If you can't laugh about something as innocent as that, then I get why the world is going down the drain. Okay, that might be overstating it a bit, but seriously

Not when it affects gameplay and even ruins it in warmode for example.

Alliance is lagging behind in every aspect of the game and the devs know it yet choose to make fun of it instead of fix the PROBLEM THEY CREATED IN LEGION!