Sylvanas will remain warchief, alive. Confirmed!

General
I am evil undead monster butchering Horde in unhonorable attacks planned by SI7. Alliance is dirtier than Horde... Just not showing it in public. Full of racist humans as well.
I hate to break this to you, but nowhere in that interview is stated that she will remain warchief.
I'm still on the fence - ish.

But the more I see the idea of her not dying making Alliance players get more irate the more i'm coming round to her way of doing things.

It's her job to make you hate her Alliance. Everyone is just meh about your leader.
damn returning cancer.
So Sylvanas can't become a raid boss because she is just too popular, but the character with the biggest fanbase in the entire franchise, Arthas Menethil, is killed off in the second expansion of the game?

Can the Waifu Queen's plot armour get even thicker?

ofc :) thats why they are giving you some nice girl on girls action with xalatath in hands of sylvanas ^^
10/11/2018 10:08Posted by Teastra
I like to think it is because she is not Anduin's pet like Saurfang is, but I know it is mostly because she is "EEEEEVUL"
Though that is one of amazing things about Sylvanas, can nicely bring the factions against each other.

Evil characters exist to be antagonized and hated, as much as someone can hate a fictional character, especially if they are pitted against characters you like and have gone pretty damn far that road like the banshee queen did.

An evil character is good and well written IF people oppose and hate him/her with passion. That's a basic thing some Hordies don't seem to get.
"She just burnt 20.000 civilians...why do you hate her? Because she isn't alliance pet? mimimi" :D
I kinda have a suspicion she'll be like Illidan.
Does a lot of questionable stuff but in the end it turns out she had a greater goal in mind and we're supposed to forget all the things she did because of that.
10/11/2018 11:51Posted by Poly
I kinda have a suspicion she'll be like Illidan.
Does a lot of questionable stuff but in the end it turns out she had a greater goal in mind and we're supposed to forget all the things she did because of that.

Nah... Sylvanas wants to master death to make sure she won't go through eternal torment in the Shadowlands. That's her end-game. A "redemption" arc where everything Sylvanas did for a good goal wouldn't work for her at all because of how disingenuous it would come across.
10/11/2018 00:11Posted by Kementàri
After Teldrassil nobody loves her anymore.. But after all Do you know how liberating it is not having a master plan? Because Blizzard can do whatever the hell they want with Sylvanas.

Nobody loves her ? Did you see the post that some guy made about Saurfang vs Sylvanas only horde poll ? Almost all of the responds was for Sylvanas. Last time ı checked sylvanas was about 300 and saurfang 30. So make sure you are reading the forum before write a commen about it. And the posts talking about Sylvanas named to the Sylvanas fan there was a guy asking are you villing to follow Sylvanas no matter what she do. And that post was have almost 50 people saying yes.
10/11/2018 11:06Posted by Uruk
I hate to break this to you, but nowhere in that interview is stated that she will remain warchief.

Nah it's obviously hinted to that she's not gonna die (again) and that there's still a lot of story for her. And honestly there is no other candidate left for that position, so we'll have to stick with her for a while. Saurfang was the only character who could possibly replace her, however by becoming little Manduin's sugar daddy his getting named as next warchief would mean the ultimate end of hostilities between the two factions, which simply can simply never happen.
by becoming little Manduin's sugar daddy his

I though Wrathion was Anduin's sugar daddy?
Where is he? Anduin could really use some Black Dragon support right now.
Chiefs are dude guys are they.

I'm waiting for "8.1 Sylvanas's total Makeover" :D
10/11/2018 12:25Posted by Henoriel
it's obviously hinted to that she's not gonna die (again) and that there's still a lot of story for her.

this. thank you.
09/11/2018 22:29Posted by Tadrie
When you get into the blurb it says

“... Sylvanas' ultimate fate "you're going to have to wait and see", naturally. But it sounds like, at least for now, Sylvanas is simply too beloved to kill off“

... still ultimately open

think it will come down to how people side in 8.1 .. more people support saurfang sillyvanas will die .. more people support sillyvanas saurfang will join the alliance and take the orcs with him. (citation needed)
09/11/2018 22:46Posted by Arctur
So Sylvanas can't become a raid boss because she is just too popular, but the character with the biggest fanbase in the entire franchise, Arthas Menethil, is killed off in the second expansion of the game?
It was the interviewer who said that she's too popular to kill, not Afrasiabi. Arthas was already a villain from WC3, so why wouldn't a villain be a raid boss? And unless Sylvanas fully turns against the Horde and Azeroth then she's still not a villain, regardless of how the Alliance feels.

Not to mention, Arthas is the most undeserving of his popularity. As a human prince he was bratty, spoiled, arrogant and self-righteous. His campaigns in WC3 were annoying as hell. The quality of his character was comparable to pre-Cata Garrosh with his arrogance, daddy issues and superiority/inferiority complexes.

Sylvanas has been through more than both of them combined and is still fighting for the right side. So yes, Sylvanas is more than "just another raidboss", even if that includes Arthas and Garrosh.

Btw, the truth of Arthas' popularity is that he was loved as a villain, not as a human prince. The Lich King was badass, from his appearance to his voice, to his misguided attempt to save Azeroth from the Legion by uniting everyone under the scourge. But the Lich King was lightyears apart from anything Arthas was.
I never understood how she could die in a body, if she is an banshee? Oh, thats good stuff for the story forum.
10/11/2018 17:07Posted by Shandyra
I never understood how she could die in a body, if she is an banshee? Oh, thats good stuff for the story forum.

Someone figured it out! Her plan is coming together! She CANNOT be killed!
Hmm, well as a banshee she didn't actually need a body. I can only guess that she reclaimed her physical body as a sentimental symbol of holding on to her identity. Having said that, I'm pretty sure that we can kill spirits and ethereal creatures, though I'm not sure if the lore and gameplay agree on that.
09/11/2018 22:46Posted by Arctur

Can the Waifu Queen's plot armour get even thicker?

Arthas was born to die. From the beginning the plan would be to become a big bad that would eventually have to be killed by a hero (or heroes in WoW's case). Sylvanas wasn't. She's always been morally grey and done dumb necromancy !@#$ to the ire of the other Horde factions, but Bliz made her go over the line in order to easily create a reason for the factions to but heads this hard in this expansion. She shouldn't be killed off. We love her and don't want some nobody like Nathanos (sorry Nathanos fans) having to lead the Forsaken instead.

On a side note, why is it trendy to act like Sylvanas is the only character with godly plot armour? Didn't Thrall used to get called 'Green Jesus'?
11/11/2018 00:40Posted by Lorctrec
don't want some nobody like Nathanos (sorry Nathanos fans)
No offence taken! I love Brothanos but Sylvanas is still #1 :)

11/11/2018 00:40Posted by Lorctrec
On a side note, why is it trendy to act like Sylvanas is the only character with godly plot armour? Didn't Thrall used to get called 'Green Jesus'?
Unfortunately it's because she has the most haters who are happy to overlook the amount of times other characters could've died if not for plot armor. In fact, Sylvanas has actually died more than enough times, so people need to give her a break.

Thrall was more of a Mary Sue though. Metzen basically put himself in the game and made himself the biggest hero ever. Then he left, but Thrall is still a huge Mary Sue. So they couldn't let him die or make him corrupted, instead they had him quietly disappear. Which leaves a huge plot hole as to why the biggest hero hasn't done anything during the biggest crises.