I miss being a mage.

Mage
As opposed to beign a Pyromancer/Cryomancer/Arcanomancer.

I miss the feel of being a master of magic that specializes in one but can wield all three for fun combinations.
Play shaman :P
I miss Frostfire Bolt...
10/11/2018 19:28Posted by Nymuz

I miss the feel of being a master of magic that specializes in one but can wield all three for fun combinations.

Go shaman/Go vanilla.

Seriously, imagine slowing someone with frost and then nuking him with fire spells. It's not gonna happen.
11/11/2018 13:33Posted by Orsson

Go shaman/Go vanilla.

Seriously, imagine slowing someone with frost and then nuking him with fire spells. It's not gonna happen.

Did you even play mage before BFA/Legion?
It was answered in Q and A, they dont want class homogenization and instead they want to create spec that are unique to it self so that everybody will feel special.
12/11/2018 08:27Posted by Ddccbbaa
It was answered in Q and A, they dont want class homogenization and instead they want to create spec that are unique to it self so that everybody will feel special.

That is just wrong, if they added cone of cold or fireblast to arcane it wont suddenly make me feel like a frost or fire mage.

There just has to be some kind of middle ground, between giving us so many non-spec spells and zero..

There is that fact, there are no more "fun combinations". But the game must become more mainstream - so fun is out of the equation for those who know the "old ways" of a mage :)

id feel pretty special with a phoenix as a pet for firemage
12/11/2018 13:44Posted by Zieera

id feel pretty special with a phoenix as a pet for firemage

Please no. One of the reasons I play fire is because of the complete lack of pets.

That's so wrong it hurts. The old talent tree made you pick talents to enhance spec specific spells and after going into the MoP talent tree we get a lot of those things baseline that enhance spec specific damage spells. This clearly sets each spec apart in core ways, not only with damage but also certain utility and CC, like Dragon's Breath being fire only.

The reason they went through with the change, while falsely saying it makes each spec feel unique, is that it's so much easier to balance. They no longer have to worry about balancing fire and arcane around having Cone of Cold for slowing for one.

It was so much more interesting and rewarding to play mage before these continuous prunings from WoD and onwards with what spells to use when in PvP and level'ing. I can also see that all of these things have made no change whatsoever for instanced PvE, so the community as a whole aren't likely to complain about it.
Yeah because if they give you too many tools you're too difficult to balance.