Forum Overhaul now more PR&Shilling friendly

General
1 2 3 5 Next
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/breaking/22764995
As some of you may know, over the last several months we've implemented new forums for a few of our titles, including Overwatch, Heroes of the Storm as well as our BlizzCon forums. With this in mind, we are ready for the World of Warcraft forums to transition to these new forums.
We will be getting the overwatch forum system. Can't wait for shills to be mass false flag threads just to get the threads locked. No more criticism I guess unless you are willing to get banned.

Now if you get mass flagged it will suspend you and hide your post

The more you shill the more benefits you get.
We want to reward users who are positively contributing to the forums. Over time, these players will be rewarded with the ability to post more often, embed images/links, and more.
To end on a positive note, at least the PvP forums will still stay pristine, since all shills will be mass reported.
12/11/2018 14:36Posted by Zetioun
One positive, at least the PvP forums will still stay pristine, since all shills will be mass reported.

The current WoW forums use mass reporting to automatically ban you.

I just hope they stick to Char names and not battle.net tags.
Over time, these players will be rewarded with the ability to post more often.

LOL sounds like mass censorship to me ... how do they expect to get valid feedback if they limit the amount of posts. ?
12/11/2018 14:39Posted by Pixelbear
how do they expect to get valid feedback if they limit the amount of posts. ?

Trust level 1 that removes that limit is very easily earned.

This longer and more detailed thread has the information:-
https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17624423660
12/11/2018 14:41Posted by Shammoz
12/11/2018 14:39Posted by Pixelbear
how do they expect to get valid feedback if they limit the amount of posts. ?

Trust level 1 that removes that limit is very easily earned.

This longer and more detailed thread has the information:-
https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17624423660

does it involve selling my soul to blizzard?
12/11/2018 14:42Posted by Pixelbear

You didn't do that already? :) :) :)
12/11/2018 14:48Posted by Shammoz
12/11/2018 14:42Posted by Pixelbear

You didn't do that already? :) :) :)

i like you :)
For those who are interested, Blizzard appears to be using Discourse, which is an open source forum system. It is quite a different system from what you may be used to, but it functions rather well.

The trust level system is a Discourse feature. You can read more about it on their help pages.

https://www.discourse.org/
From the other thread:-
TRUST LEVEL 1

Get to trust level 1 by…

Entering at least 5 topics
Reading at least 30 posts
Spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts

Users at trust level 1 can…

Post unlimited topics and replies
Edit wiki posts (more on Wiki Posts Below)
Flag posts
See positively contribute could simply mean those that dont flame, troll, abuse other users (pixelbear shhh lol jk) disrupt and otherwise break forum rules.

But you have to see it as blizzards attempt to "silence" the masses. More people get upvote for negative yet constructive posts than they do if they post something like "blizzard are awesome and bfa is the best expansion ever" so the negative yet constructive poster would earn the trust levels quicker. The flamers and trolls would not earn them at all hopefully so would be around less making the forums more pleasant.

Unless of course you believe blizzard will somehow make sure only those who speak well of the game get the upvotes?
so you fancy saying 'shill' again?

i feel like you haven't quite made the point
Can we get MVP status on new forums?
^shilling mvp damage control
One positive, at least the PvP forums will still stay pristine, since all shills will be mass reported.

The current WoW forums use mass reporting to automatically ban you.

I just hope they stick to Char names and not battle.net tags.
This account has been upgraded to trust level 4
12/11/2018 14:52Posted by Uruk

Yes.
12/11/2018 14:52Posted by Danellos
12/11/2018 14:52Posted by Uruk

Yes.

How?
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Yes.

How?
You take anything a shill write and rewrite it in your own words... And do at least 8 micro transactions in the past 4 days.
12/11/2018 14:55Posted by Zetioun
12/11/2018 14:53Posted by Uruk

How?
You take anything a shills write and rewrite it in your own words

See this is a perfect example of not positively contributing.
12/11/2018 14:51Posted by Nefaryas
See positively contribute could simply mean those that dont flame, troll, abuse other users (pixelbear shhh lol jk) disrupt and otherwise break forum rules.

But you have to see it as blizzards attempt to "silence" the masses. More people get upvote for negative yet constructive posts than they do if they post something like "blizzard are awesome and bfa is the best expansion ever" so the negative yet constructive poster would earn the trust levels quicker. The flamers and trolls would not earn them at all hopefully so would be around less making the forums more pleasant.

Unless of course you believe blizzard will somehow make sure only those who speak well of the game get the upvotes?

The problem with that is if you contribute to a brain dead but popular topic like fire X Blizzard employee it gets mass upvoted so get a higher score.

If you make a reasonable post it gets down voted.

These features will be abused and should be disabled.

Just give us forum functionality and none of the social media-type crap.
12/11/2018 14:53Posted by Uruk
How?

Same way as ever. Crawling up to Blizzard while pretending you dont.
These features will be abused and should be disabled.

Just give us forum functionality and none of the social media-type crap.
No actually in my opinion reporting should do exactly what it's designed for. There should be a log of people mass reporting and users abusing the report function should get banned. This is why I criticizes the overwatch forum system since false reporting gives zero repercussions.
12/11/2018 14:57Posted by Nefaryas
12/11/2018 14:55Posted by Zetioun
...You take anything a shills write and rewrite it in your own words

See this is a perfect example of not positively contributing.

Right so sarcasm and pithy remarks are naughty no nos.

I love big brother.