Forum Overhaul now more PR&Shilling friendly

General
12/11/2018 14:36Posted by Zetioun
We want to reward users who are positively contributing to the forums. Over time, these players will be rewarded with the ability to post more often, embed images/links, and more.

Sounds like someone wants to hears only what they like to hear.
I guess I'll have to go find out what a shill is.
I'll be happy to post positive posts if and when Blizz produce anything worthy of being positive about.

From my phone.
12/11/2018 19:20Posted by Clarveiga

A shill is basically a person working for or on the behalf of someone or something that impersonates a neutral 3rd party and praises their benefactor all whilst outwardly looking like they have no ties.

Basically undercover advertisers and confidence tricksters meant to sway opinions. for companies, products and politicians.

Used widely on the internet to facetiously mock and deride people that are overly enthusiastic and companies that try to curate official forums to stifle criticisms.
12/11/2018 19:22Posted by Krystahl
I'll be happy to post positive posts if and when Blizz produce anything worthy of being positive about.

From my phone.

<bangs head on wall> you don't have to post positive things just post in a constructive manner that doesn't break forum rules. Why is that so hard for you people to understand?

No trolling
No spamming
No flaming
No abusive behaviour

Otherwise say what you want, positive or negative as long as it's constructive.

From my phone.

<bangs head on wall> you don't have to post positive things just post in a constructive manner that doesn't break forum rules. Why is that so hard for you people to understand?

No trolling
No spamming
No flaming
No abusive behaviour

Are you quite sure about that? I mean it's not as if Blizz now have a history of distorting media to suit their agenda..
12/11/2018 14:52Posted by Uruk
Can we get MVP status on new forums?

MVP status should be revoked from all when we move to the new forums, as part of starting afresh with a clean slate. Let people earn their status in the new environment.

No trolling
No spamming
No flaming
No abusive behaviour

Are you quite sure about that? I mean it's not as if Blizz now have a history of distorting media to suit their agenda..

Hey I have some tin foil for sale. It's really cheap. Good for making hats out of I've been told. £1 a roll, free delivery....
12/11/2018 19:31Posted by Nefaryas

From my phone.

No trolling
No spamming
No flaming
No abusive behaviour

You do know the great majority of criticism isn't constructive, trolling, spamming, flaming or abusive?

Its sarcasm, pithy remarks, mocking hyperbole, and humor at the expense of the state of WoW and blizzard as a whole, and !@#$posting lots and lost of %^-*posting.

What happens to all this?
12/11/2018 19:29Posted by Annallusion
12/11/2018 19:20Posted by Clarveiga

A shill is basically a person working for or on the behalf of someone or something that impersonates a neutral 3rd party and praises their benefactor all whilst outwardly looking like they have no ties.

Basically undercover advertisers and confidence tricksters meant to sway opinions. for companies, products and politicians.

Used widely on the internet to facetiously mock and deride people that are overly enthusiastic and companies that try to curate official forums to stifle criticisms.

But on this forum a shill is someone who isn't critical (enough) about things other people are critical about or someone who simply still enjoys the game despite everything. :)
12/11/2018 19:48Posted by Annallusion
12/11/2018 19:31Posted by Nefaryas

No trolling
No spamming
No flaming
No abusive behaviour

You do know the great majority of criticism isn't constructive, trolling, spamming, flaming or abusive?

Its sarcasm, pithy remarks, mocking hyperbole, and humor at the expense of the state of WoW and blizzard as a whole, and !@#$posting lots and lost of %^-*posting.

What happens to all this?

It will still be there, I'm talking the way over the top, stepping over the line stuff that gets reported now and causes bans.

There is plenty of constructive criticism on the forums and we all argue and disagree and will still do that under the new forums, but we do it within an acceptable manner for the most part.

Nothing is going to change for the way most posters work. The few who will abuse it are abusing the system that's I place now, we just don't see it much.

Ask yourself this, when was the last to.e your reported someone on the forums and why? For me it was the guy who told someone to kill themselves a few weeks back and I wasn't the only one to report him. I'm not gonna report you for disagreeing with me or being sarcastic to me. Same with the flagging system it will work the same way as reporting to me and most and those who abuse it will be the ones who receive more flags for being trolls or flamers so won't be around long anyway even if they ever get the trust to begin with.

And it still isn't blizzard trying to silence negative opinions.
So I will be complain about every thing in game and every patch. You will never get any positive feedback from me, because you ignore it in past, you ignore it now, and in future you will just ban me. Thats why you don't have idea why people on Blizzcon was so mad, thats why you have no idea why lost 15% of stock prices.
I just looked at the Overwatch forums and I have to say, I am not a fan of it. Reminds me of guild forum boards and thus feels less... professional.
12/11/2018 20:10Posted by Plamcia
So I will be complain about every thing in game and every patch. You will never get any positive feedback from me, because you ignore it in past, you ignore it now, and in future you will just ban me. Thats why you don't have idea why people on Blizzcon was so mad, thats why you have no idea why lost 15% of stock prices.

I think I'm gonna have to go bed because I'm gonna end up banned from the forums soon.

positive contributions does not mean you can only post positive things. I repeat positive contributions does not mean you can only post positive things

Good night folks.
Hopefully it means the end of hiding behind level 1 throwaway characters too.
12/11/2018 19:38Posted by Brewny
12/11/2018 14:52Posted by Uruk
Can we get MVP status on new forums?

MVP status should be revoked from all when we move to the new forums, as part of starting afresh with a clean slate. Let people earn their status in the new environment.

Nice idea but MVPs provide Blizzard sanctioned tech support so Blizzard dont have too so it'll never happen.
It will be interesting to see how it all works out.
These features will be abused and should be disabled.

Just give us forum functionality and none of the social media-type crap.

This. Can we go back to how forums were before all the web 2.0 crap?
With this system people are just going to spam the forums just to get the ability to post junky 4 frame reaction gifs.
12/11/2018 16:43Posted by Jito
New Forum. Hmm...

That means the post counter gets reset to zero.

The posting race is on....!

I know a certain warlock who will be very sad losing that 10k post counter.
Not the overwatch forum here too!
That style of forum is honestly terrible.
It is quite phone unfriendly and the reply system is just bad, mostly when you reply to some post without quoting it.
Blizz plz don't.