Forum Overhaul now more PR&Shilling friendly

General
Prev 1 3 4 5
13/11/2018 18:29Posted by Nefaryas
Maybe decent was the wrong term to use but by it I mean not trolling, spamming or flaming to an extent that the forums are an unpleasant pile of toxic filth.

You were so close and then you relapse.

13/11/2018 16:33Posted by Nefaryas
Doesn't matter what you post as long as it's within the ToS you will earn the right to contribute more and with some new ways.

Spot on ^ how it should be.

If Positive Contributions is a necessisty from players posting on forums and it's in the ToS, there is no need to emphasize it or give people rewards for it.

It's like giving a reward to an adult for them not ishing in their pants.

You give a child a reward for not ishing in their pants to manipulate them and what is it again that Blizzard is giving us rewards for?
13/11/2018 19:02Posted by Canabal
13/11/2018 18:29Posted by Nefaryas
Maybe decent was the wrong term to use but by it I mean not trolling, spamming or flaming to an extent that the forums are an unpleasant pile of toxic filth.

You were so close and then you relapse.

Doesn't matter what you post as long as it's within the ToS you will earn the right to contribute more and with some new ways.

Spot on ^ how it should be.

If Positive Contributions is a necessisty from players posting on forums and it's in the ToS, there is no need to emphasize it or give people rewards for it.

It's like giving a reward to an adult for them not ishing in their pants.

You give a child a reward for not ishing in their pants to manipulate them and what is it again that Blizzard is giving us rewards for?

It's not manipulation it's positive affirmation. He isn't punished for pooping in his pants, we clean it up and move on. It's like saying giving a child a smiley face for doing well in a spelling test is manipulation lolol.

Let's put it another way. You and me disagree, we have disagreed a number of times yet I have not reported you as you have done nothing to warrant a report. In the new system I would not flag you either, you would not gain an upvote from me but you would from others therefore you would gain trust levels anyway. Your contribution may not be liked by me but is still a positive contribution to the forum. The guy that comes on swearing and flaming at everyone and everything and purposely pushing buttons will get flagged as it's not a positive contribution so he won't earn trust levels. Again it isn't what you say but how you say it that gets "rewarded" but not by anything special. The main trust level is to simply read posts and contribute to them the rest are just added extras anyway. The more you post the more you can do but who is really fussed about links and images? Unlimited posting is the main one.

It's similar in your tournaments, you play by the rules so you can continue to play (that's the reward) you break the rules you get banned.
13/11/2018 19:02Posted by Canabal

If it can lead to more and better discussions and less drama and flaming, what's the harm?
I feel it's mostly aimed at people that don't take the rules very seriously. If it can encourage them to do so, everyone benefits from that.
13/11/2018 19:23Posted by Nefaryas
It's not manipulation it's positive affirmation.

Yeah that's a positive way to put a spin on manipulation.

we have disagreed a number of times yet I have not reported you

By all mean, if at any point, you feel like you have to, you have my blessing.

you would not gain an upvote from me but you would from others therefore you would gain trust levels anyway.

If someone upvotes my post, hey Great Minds, if they don't particularly like what I have to say, they can go kick rocks because they're the ones that have to live with that negative energy whilst I'm none the wiser that they are living that way.

The guy that comes on swearing and flaming at everyone and everything and purposely pushing buttons will get flagged as it's not a positive contribution so he won't earn trust levels.

Peep Game....if someone ever gets you to the point where you feel you have to report them, you're the one that lost.

Reporting him is something I would leave to someone like you because, yeah, I'm not doing it.

Someone owning real-estate in your head should never happen.

but who is really fussed about links and images?

That's not the point.

It's similar in your tournaments, you play by the rules so you can continue to play (that's the reward) you break the rules you get banned.

Not pooping (to use your term) in your pants is not a reward.

100% ^ this went over your head.
13/11/2018 20:12Posted by Canabal
It's not manipulation it's positive affirmation.

Yeah that's a positive way to put a spin on manipulation.

we have disagreed a number of times yet I have not reported you

By all mean, if at any point, you feel like you have to, you have my blessing.

you would not gain an upvote from me but you would from others therefore you would gain trust levels anyway.

If someone upvotes my post, hey Great Minds, if they don't particularly like what I have to say, they can go kick rocks because they're the ones that have to live with that negative energy whilst I'm none the wiser that they are living that way.

The guy that comes on swearing and flaming at everyone and everything and purposely pushing buttons will get flagged as it's not a positive contribution so he won't earn trust levels.

Peep Game....if someone ever gets you to the point where you feel you have to report them, you're the one that lost.

Reporting him is something I would leave to someone like you because, yeah, I'm not doing it.

Someone owning real-estate in your head should never happen.

but who is really fussed about links and images?

That's not the point.

Not pooping (to use your term) in your pants is not a reward.

100% ^ this went over your head.

You are deliberately omitting parts of my posts and altering the context. My editor would spank your behind for that ;)

The point being the report function is there for a reason, I have used it twice since I started posting on the forums. Both times were, in my opinion, highly justified and I doubt I was the only person as those posters disappeared shortly after so I presume were "dealt with" you have not done anything to warrant a report even though we disagree and argue. So my point was simply that the new system will not affect you or I as "decent" posters just those who purposely go out of their way to cause trouble.

And come on, not pooping in your pants is a reward when you are 3 and learning to use the potty (or you've had a really heavy night and that vindaloo is giving you grief lol)
13/11/2018 20:28Posted by Nefaryas
You are deliberately omitting parts of my posts and altering the context.

Altering the context....how so?

13/11/2018 20:28Posted by Nefaryas
And come on, not pooping in your pants is a reward when you are 3

Wait, I thought the.....
big shiny trophy sticker

.....was the reward.

Me altering context again :(
13/11/2018 10:22Posted by Fluxache
you are a counter-shill operative, using reverse psychology to disseminate chaos.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )
13/11/2018 05:47Posted by Pickle
12/11/2018 18:12Posted by Elcowerino

every single page with google analytics has this
you think basic web statistics are creepy? oh boi...
but how do they know if im actually reading the post(s) and not just scrolling trough the pages randomly? :D

Probably they can't, unless there's some way to connect how long a post is up on your screen and how long it would take reading it. Some computer wizard has to answer this one.