World of Chorecraft

General
Well what can I say that hasn't been said? Less abilities every expansion, it feels like i am playing dota with 4 spells, not WoW.
Global cooldown garbage
Azerite - worst gearing system ever
Getting rid of legendaries was not a good thing, atleast in Legion you felt like doing things was more useful, because you could get a legendary from it (they should have added the system where you can also buy them, tho)
Some world quest more unrewarding than if you do Legion WQ
Professions are garbage
Warfronts are a joke you only do for free 370 gear once per month
Island expeditions are so bad I don't even do them for the weekly bonus
12/11/2018 23:03Posted by Srolo
World quests = fancy name for dailies. At least no one expects me to pay for IRL chores. This should be a game, not an endless loop of mass genocide on behalf of turtles, and the usual fetch-my-peanuts type of quests.
Many of us hated the AP farming artifacts enforced on us back in Legion. What made you think it'll be any different this time around?

You know dailies always been in this game, right ?
World quests = fancy name for dailies.

Except with dailies you had something to aim for like a mount or other stuff but now reputations don't give anything interesting.
13/11/2018 06:21Posted by Góttágófást
World quests = fancy name for dailies. At least no one expects me to pay for IRL chores. This should be a game, not an endless loop of mass genocide on behalf of turtles, and the usual fetch-my-peanuts type of quests.
Many of us hated the AP farming artifacts enforced on us back in Legion. What made you think it'll be any different this time around?

You know dailies always been in this game, right ?

Wrong...introduced with isle of Queldanas in TBC.
Every time someone makes this post, they should also mention what exactly they want in the game ...

By your description this was chorecraft since the beginning ...

Few raids a week (not even multiple difficulties).
Few dungeons (aside from badges, 5mans become useless over time).
Few quests (only earlier you could focus on certain rep or choose location).
After that just farming prof. resources or grinding BGs/arenas until your head exploded.

Two questions:

#1 When exactly was it better? (not in a terms of personal preferences but an amount of actual real content)

#2 How would you improve it? (note that adding more mounts/achievements/tmogs/pokemons to farm is not viable content)
You log in and there is the feel that you need to do world quests for azerite and to get gear for scrapper. Then there is the feel that you need to cap your conquest for the pvp chest and item. Then you feel like you need to do the mythic+ for the weekly chest after which you notice that you still need to cap out the island expeditions for that 2500 azerite. And then there is also the weekly quest.
All in all this game feels more like work than my work does.
13/11/2018 07:19Posted by Meristu
badges 5mans become useless over time

You could spend them to gear offspec - blizzard made items adjust to spec (so they removed also need for that), for gems (blizzard removed sockets so you rarely need those).
Don't get me wrong I have no problem with spammable content. However I do have issues with mandatory spammable content. If you want to min max AP gain then you must do every single WQ with AP rewards.
So here's some suggestions (any of these should suffice):
- Significantly remove world quest azerite power rewards
- Significantly increase AP rewarded from raid bosses (make this, and emissaries the primary source)
- Significantly increase AP rewarded by world quest while lowering the number for these each day (like max 2 of these per day for 1k AP each)
13/11/2018 07:20Posted by Nisamxes
You log in and there is the feel that you need to do world quests for azerite and to get gear for scrapper. Then there is the feel that you need to cap your conquest for the pvp chest and item. Then you feel like you need to do the mythic+ for the weekly chest after which you notice that you still need to cap out the island expeditions for that 2500 azerite. And then there is also the weekly quest.
All in all this game feels more like work than my work does.

If you feel you "need" to do all of the above, then it's sounding awfully like an addiction and you should maybe slow down abit?
The minute a game - something you do for leisure and relaxation in your spare time - starts feeling like a chore, then perhaps try something else? Or play the game differently?

I also play the same game as you. I don't feel like I have to cap everything on every char on a daily basis and to me, the game is still fun. I do what I feel like, when I feel like it.

Simply meant as a friendly advice, nothing else.
Hi ya'll. Neckbeard here.

The facts are that they've made WQs less "mandatory" in BfA than they were in Legion. There has actually been quite a lot of whining about how the lacluster rewards are making the WQs not worth doing. And now here ya are, crying that they are mandatory.

Mandatory for what? They are not the most efficient way to farm gold, ap or gear. They are easily skipped. But they are still in the game so that _those who WANT to do them can do them_. Everyone else is free to skip them.

The constant whining about non-issues from the non-neckbeards is quite astonishing.
If a game feels not fun to you and like a chore, maybe you should not play it?
I happily did tons of WQ in legion, because they gave legit rewards: honor from tower quests, actual meaning amount of gold.

Now you get ten silver, no honor quests, gear you don't need, 10 rep.

Basically, rubbish.
I wonder why people say bfa is this bad , because classes are boring , there is not site content, people only log in to raid.

But in classic they want to do : 1 button dps rotations, grind mats at one spot which is mandatory for raids and than only log in to raid, because there is no other content.

Maybe everyone on the forum should take a break from whining and think about if they shouldn’t move on instead of living in delusions
13/11/2018 07:19Posted by Meristu
Every time someone makes this post, they should also mention what exactly they want in the game ...

By your description this was chorecraft since the beginning ...

Few raids a week (not even multiple difficulties).
Few dungeons (aside from badges, 5mans become useless over time).
Few quests (only earlier you could focus on certain rep or choose location).
After that just farming prof. resources or grinding BGs/arenas until your head exploded.

Two questions:

#1 When exactly was it better? (not in a terms of personal preferences but an amount of actual real content)

#2 How would you improve it? (note that adding more mounts/achievements/tmogs/pokemons to farm is not viable content)

I've seen my fair share of good posts similar to this one with many well thought out solutions. Seeing what is coming in 8.1 and what we know about future patches, these suggestions seemingly have fallen on deaf ears. People have been complaining since BFA alpha about the state of the game, once again fallen on deaf ears. What's the point taking a couple of hours to come up with solutions when the feedback feels absolutely meaningless. Just look who is running Blizzard now.. a play on words, you think you want meaningful solutions but you don't.
Yeah, no sympathy for people that spam world quests or IE. When will you !@#$% finally realise that you don't need that there is no need at all to farm AP.

How about letting Blizzard know that you are not satisfied with the game by not opening your ^-*!ing purse every month. But I guess you feel that you invested too much time and money into the game to just stop playing. Then I have only cheese to offer you.
I prefered dailies over wqs. Do them once and done. More rep from 1 daily..no real time limit besides daily reset..

They are adding a lot of stuff i feel should have been ingame already. Class balance, xp reduced(it should never have changed in the first place), paragon rewards, acc wide exalted rep..feels silly waiting so many months for these things..
12/11/2018 23:15Posted by Retributor
WoW isn't fun because of class pruning

All classes are the same.

I play 12 alts, and bind keys by their function (cast, cd, instant, control, interrupt, slow, etc.).

You will be surprised, but every spec of every class has the same general layout and rotation. I can press virtually the same keys, only the icons are different.

I can only distinguish restoration shamans, and to lesser extent discipline priests. With pvp talents due to multilple totems and specific playstyle they are a tiny bit different from the rest.

if you dont like grinding you clearly are playing wrong genre of games.

mmorpgs were always about gringind.

go play some single player arpg - i dont doubt it would suit you better :)
13/11/2018 08:03Posted by Shikuai
If a game feels not fun to you and like a chore, maybe you should not play it?

translation: don't give any feedback since you're not customer
13/11/2018 07:55Posted by Iratu
Hi ya'll. Neckbeard here.

The facts are that they've made WQs less "mandatory" in BfA than they were in Legion. There has actually been quite a lot of whining about how the lacluster rewards are making the WQs not worth doing. And now here ya are, crying that they are mandatory.

Mandatory for what? They are not the most efficient way to farm gold, ap or gear. They are easily skipped. But they are still in the game so that _those who WANT to do them can do them_. Everyone else is free to skip them.

The constant whining about non-issues from the non-neckbeards is quite astonishing.

That coming from a lvl 85 brings tears to my eyes. :') At least post from your main, Mr. Neckbeard.